THE BROWNS BOARD

Woody/American fitness

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Only because you have commented on this issue before and quite correctly. Nothing more than that. No snark whatsoever was intended.

WSS

Oh ok. Yeah. I think in probably 99% of cases fat people just need to eat better and work out. 

I do realize some people's economic situation and what's available to them within budget don't help, but still. 

It's also not great when you think about all of the resources on healthcare and other areas we invest for a disease/ condition people do to themselves. You spent your life eating like shit and being inactive and now you have heart disease? You didn't get vaccinated for covid and now you're so bad you need to be hospitalized? You spent your life smoking cigarettes and now you have lung cancer? Same shit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh ok. Yeah. I think in probably 99% of cases fat people just need to eat better and work out. 

I do realize some people's economic situation and what's available to them within budget don't help, but still. 

It's also not great when you think about all of the resources on healthcare and other areas we invest for a disease/ condition people do to themselves. You spent your life eating like shit and being inactive and now you have heart disease? You didn't get vaccinated for covid and now you're so bad you need to be hospitalized? You spent your life smoking cigarettes and now you have lung cancer? Same shit. 

I do have to take issue with the comment about fiscal situations limiting a healthy diet. It's probably a hell of a lot cheaper to eat well than it is to go to McDonald's even. Also I don't think you should be able to buy soft drinks snack cakes bagged snacks or a lot of unhealthy s*** with food stamps, and if you simply must take in as many empty calories as possible you should be able to get a bag of sugar a bag of flour a pound of butter and make yourself Donuts. But that's bordering on another subject.

WSS

And we haven't even mentioned cigarettes. Oddly enough the biggest smokers are millennials and people just below Boomers.

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I do have to take issue with the comment about fiscal situations limiting a healthy diet. It's probably a hell of a lot cheaper to eat well than it is to go to McDonald's even. Also I don't think you should be able to buy soft drinks snack cakes bagged snacks or a lot of unhealthy s*** with food stamps, and if you simply must take in as many empty calories as possible you should be able to get a bag of sugar a bag of flour a pound of butter and make yourself Donuts. But that's bordering on another subject.

WSS

And we haven't even mentioned cigarettes. Oddly enough the biggest smokers are millennials and people just below Boomers.

you forgot hard drugs. Seems to me, back in the older days, there wasn't all this fat people thing. I believe a lot of it is from preservatives, additives, artificial colors, and processing. By the time it gets to people eating - it has little of the nutrional value that food used to have. Fresh fruits and veggies, folks. And hotdogs with NO sodium nitrate or msg etc. It's tough to find bacon without that junk.... Fewer small farms, and giant farm mass production of food - not good for nutrition. They often/most of the time use a gas and refrigeration to stop what they grow, from ripening too soon before it gets cross country, or locally to stores, then they use another gas, argon? to get the stuff to ripen when it's convenient, and that is one of the reasons what you buy in the store doesn't taste like what you grow in your garden or orchard.

People don't garden like they used to. That is too bad, too. I'm getting ready to make chickory and dandelion coffee sometime this week. Mulberry/blackberry and red clover tea, too, has been on my menu.  And the tomatoes out of the garden are outstanding. Favorite cherry tomato - Sunsugar. Second place - ground cherries. It's tough to pick a favorite tomato - Early Girl, probably - and heirlooms like Rutgers, brandywines, etc. and I've pickied 6 lbs of wild blackberries so far. and still have jam I made last Jan. And I'm dehydrating potatoes - hash browns and sliced, (you MUST blanch veggies) to put in jars with one or two oxygen absorbers. Those will last for years.

Locally grown fruits and veggies - might be a huge ticket to eating healhier and not being obese. And sitting all day and watching tv while you order out and have it delivered.... every day.... not good. Having said that - favorite pizza out - East of Chicago. Favorite steak eating out - Texas Roadhouse.

44 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And we haven't even mentioned cigarettes. Oddly enough the biggest smokers are millennials and people just below Boomers.

cigs.jpg

What data to you have to back they claim up?

Of course, boomers that smoked are more likely to be dead at this point lowering their numbers. 

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

It's amazing how many of these you see in the supermarket.  And in handicapped spaces.  Too lazy to get off their fat ass and walk to the ice cream and donut isles.  

It's awful. The floor sometimes shakes when they walk, IF they don't ride. I suppose some people have a medical problem, but some......

egad.

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Hey bird girl 

shove

your vaccine up your ass.

dope.

yep. and tens of thousands of Soldiers have lost their service because they wouldn't get it. stupid.

We got our vacs, one booster - a close friend's husband died of it. But no more. That is IT. was supposed to prevent

it - hopefully makes it far less a danger, but no more. I suppose next their politicized IRS and all their thousands of new "agents" (maybe) will deny refunds to those who don't get the new ones. "succumb" to our power, or pay the price" eh?

The left can shove their dicktatership right up their ass, too. They are criminalizing political and moral opposition to their deliberate garbage.

"pronouns/gender perversion"...."mmgw crock of crap"....perversion in public schooling....anti-patriotism...anti-Constitution...etc etc etc....

• Thanks 1

cigs.jpg

Of course, boomers that smoked are more likely to be dead at this point lowering their numbers. 

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/index.htm#:~:text=Current cigarette smoking was highest,people aged 18-24 years.

CDC

Also just anecdotally most guys that I know my age have quit. And the most cigarette smoking I see going on is among young people.

WSS

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

you forgot hard drugs. Seems to me, back in the older days, there wasn't all this fat people thing. I believe a lot of it is from preservatives, additives, artificial colors, and processing. By the time it gets to people eating - it has little of the nutrional value that food used to have. Fresh fruits and veggies, folks. And hotdogs with NO sodium nitrate or msg etc. It's tough to find bacon without that junk.... Fewer small farms, and giant farm mass production of food - not good for nutrition. They often/most of the time use a gas and refrigeration to stop what they grow, from ripening too soon before it gets cross country, or locally to stores, then they use another gas, argon? to get the stuff to ripen when it's convenient, and that is one of the reasons what you buy in the store doesn't taste like what you grow in your garden or orchard.

People don't garden like they used to. That is too bad, too. I'm getting ready to make chickory and dandelion coffee sometime this week. Mulberry/blackberry and red clover tea, too, has been on my menu.  And the tomatoes out of the garden are outstanding. Favorite cherry tomato - Sunsugar. Second place - ground cherries. It's tough to pick a favorite tomato - Early Girl, probably - and heirlooms like Rutgers, brandywines, etc. and I've pickied 6 lbs of wild blackberries so far. and still have jam I made last Jan. And I'm dehydrating potatoes - hash browns and sliced, (you MUST blanch veggies) to put in jars with one or two oxygen absorbers. Those will last for years.

Locally grown fruits and veggies - might be a huge ticket to eating healhier and not being obese. And sitting all day and watching tv while you order out and have it delivered.... every day.... not good. Having said that - favorite pizza out - East of Chicago. Favorite steak eating out - Texas Roadhouse.

In case I'm included in this conversation I think people that regularly do hard drugs are a different breed than guys who drink a couple times a week or smoke some pot. Somebody who regularly smokes crack or does a lot of crystal meth or blow are going to die. 

WSS

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

cigs.jpg

Most of the young shitheads are vaping...as bad if not worse than smoking!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/index.htm#:~:text=Current cigarette smoking was highest,people aged 18-24 years.

CDC

Also just anecdotally most guys that I know my age have quit. And the most cigarette smoking I see going on is among young people.

WSS

They've quit or they're dead. 

Snoking has dropped with each generation