THE BROWNS BOARD

HUNT

syd

6 hours ago, Silver slayer said:

Remember this, we gave him a job and a paycheck when 31 other teams wouldn't. 

If not for Cleveland he wouldn't have any of those millions. 

He's under contract for this year for that amount for a reason. 

He's a #2  back. 

How many #2 running backs have led the league in rushing?  Hunt would be the #1 RB on a lot of teams. 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I look at Chubb and Hunt as 1a and 1b.  Having both is not a luxury it’s a necessity if you make the effort we have running the ball. 

I 100% agree- because of it being almost a foregone conclusion that Watson is going to miss significant time due to a suspension... Can't have too many quality running backs.  I'm going to hold off on Ford... Looking good in training camp and looking good in the regular season are two different critters.  OTOH, Hunt is a proven commodity. 

• Thanks 1

BEREA — Kareem Hunt was back in team drills Sunday after sitting them out the previous two days in hopes of getting a contract extension.

https://www.brownszone.com/2022/08/07/kareem-hunt-returns-to-team-drills-after-skipping-them-for-two-days-requesting-trade/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

It's interesting how much we like Hunt and are disgusted by Watson.  

I'm guessing in some eyes, Hunt's bitch deserved it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Eventually, the Browns are going to have to let good players walk.

They can't pay everyone. 

That is why i have said to trade him.

I suspect we will before camo breaks.

31 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

That is why i have said to trade him.

I suspect we will before camp breaks.

Depends, 'Peen...  The dust has to settle on the Watson front before we let go of a guy like Hunt (no way if Deshaun gets hammered with an entire season). Say we do trade Kareem, and then Chubb gets hurt. Take your chances on Johnson or an unproven rookie like Ford to carry the load? Um, not from this armchair GM's POV.  :)  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I 100% agree- because of it being almost a foregone conclusion that Watson is going to miss significant time due to a suspension... Can't have too many quality running backs.  I'm going to hold off on Ford... Looking good in training camp and looking good in the regular season are two different critters.  OTOH, Hunt is a proven commodity. 

I hate to say it hoorta, but it was probably going to be a tough haul for the Browns to make the playoffs with Watson missing six games. Not impossible, but definitely not a slam-dunk either.

If he is suspended for 8+ games, the Browns aren't making the playoffs. Not in this conference. 

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'm guessing in some eyes, Hunt's bitch deserved it.

Not saying I endorse or condone that kind of behavior... Forgive the chauvinistic take on this... But sometimes... There's just no other way to shut a woman up and bringing her back to reality... But that said... I'm against flat out against abuse of women... Physical,Mental... Whatever the case may be...

52 minutes ago, nickers said:

Not saying I endorse or condone that kind of behavior... Forgive the chauvinistic take on this... But sometimes... There's just no other way to shut a woman up and bringing her back to reality... But that said... I'm against flat out against abuse of women... Physical,Mental... Whatever the case may be...

You are totally against physically abusing a woman, but sometimes the only way to shut a woman up is to physically abuse her.

Got it. 

• Haha 1

Kareem Hunt returns to team drills, 1st 2-minute drills, Cade York saves the day: What happened on at Browns training camp Day 10https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/kareem-hunt-returns-to-team-drills-1st-2-minute-drills-cade-york-saves-the-day-what-happened-on-at-browns-training-camp-day-10.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

There's just no other way to shut a woman up

You know, bitches. 

Are these the kind of thoughts that just come to you - you know, when you're snorting crystal meth off a switchblade, and then you realize you're late for work and it's noon but you were fired 3 weeks ago?

If I had it to do over again, I agree, I wouldn't get married - bitches are so much more fun!  They're always dancing and wearing bikinis and mashing their boobs in your face, and they never get angry.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Ah, bitches. 

Thoughts like this come to you - you know, when you're snorting crystal meth off a switchblade, and then you realize you're late for work and it's noon but you were fired 3 weeks ago?

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't get married - bitches are so much more fun!  They're always dancing and wearing bikinis and mashing their boobs in your face, and they never get angry.

7kJN.gif.8db7fdaf57106bcf1dd127d1011b6f83.gif

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

You know, bitches. 

Are these the kind of thoughts that just come to you - you know, when you're snorting crystal meth off a switchblade, and then you realize you're late for work and it's noon but you were fired 3 weeks ago?

If I had it to do over again, I agree, I wouldn't get married - bitches are so much more fun!  They're always dancing and wearing bikinis and mashing their boobs in your face, and they never get angry.

I can only imagine the skeletons in your own closet... Take stock of your own inventory... Meth is for losers... Never tried it... Never wanted to...

So.. you read all that and couldn't tell it was comedy?

I think that Prodigy album you found in the Self-Help section was misplaced.

That's a joke which is a callback to your earlier pro-domestic-violence post.  Prodigy's biggest hit is a song called "smack my bitch up" .  This is also a callback to my own post about bitches! It was all a long setup..

19 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

So.. you read all that and couldn't tell it was comedy?

I think that Prodigy album you found in the Self-Help section was misplaced.

That's a joke which is a callback to your earlier pro-domestic-violence post.  Prodigy's biggest hit is a song called "smack my bitch up" .  This is also a callback to my own post about bitches! It was all a long setup..

I have no doubt you'll be taken aback if I told you most people don't listen to the shit you do.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Why that depends entirely on how Baker does. Haven't you been paying attention at all?😂

Not really. The Panthers suck. Depending on whether or not we believe the hype the Browns are poised to go to the Super Bowl with any above average quarterback. Seems I've heard that tale before.

WSS

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Orion said:

It's interesting how much we like Hunt and are disgusted by Watson.  

I mean, this one isn't too much of a head scratcher. With Hunt, it's clearly a scenario where all parties were drunk and arguing. The story is a lot he-said, she said but if you believe Hunt at any value he accused the girls of saying racial slurs and refusing to leave. Obviously, he crossed a line and was (and should have been) punished severely for it. Hunt lost likely 10's of millions of dollars of money from that video and incident: https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25471824/how-kareem-hunt-nfl-career-was-put-hold-night-town. What went down with Hunt, while awful, is a good example of someone who warrants a second and final chance.

That scenario plays a lot differently than a dude searching for 66 massage therapists, 25+ of them accusing him of nefarious acts, and actively looking for what he put himself to. Really cut and dry actually.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I mean, this one isn't too much of a head scratcher. With Hunt, it's clearly a scenario where all parties were drunk and arguing. The story is a lot he-said, she said but if you believe Hunt at any value he accused the girls of saying racial slurs and refusing to leave. Obviously, he crossed a line and was (and should have been) punished severely for it. Hunt lost likely 10's of millions of dollars of money from that video and incident: https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25471824/how-kareem-hunt-nfl-career-was-put-hold-night-town. What went down with Hunt, while awful, is a good example of someone who warrants a second and final chance.

That scenario plays a lot differently than a dude searching for 66 massage therapists, 25+ of them accusing him of nefarious acts, and actively looking for what he put himself to. Really cut and dry actually.

True.  Justice should be fair and uniform as much as possible with all of the  pertinent facts   taken into account. 

A blindfolded woman with the scales and a big azz sword !

a-depiction-of-woman-holding-scales-of-justice,2321317.jpg

7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

What??

Did Watson punch someone?

Man, you've got your values in a pretzel.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Watson should be fined for not knowing the difference between a hooker and a massage therapist.

I'll bet lots of guys have done what he did.  But, if your place of employment wants to punish you for it, then, you have to accept the punishment or take 'em to court.

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'll bet lots of guys have done what he did.  But, if your place of employment wants to punish you for it, then, you have to accept the punishment or take 'em to court.

A hooker will be anything you want her to be.

At least that’s what I heard! 😉

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I think that many of the 26 “professional” masseurs should be fined for not knowing that same difference. 

Ever since the shut down the Chicken Ranch, they all had to become massage "therapists". MAGA-bring back the Chicken Ranch where you can exchange this 🐔 for this 😻. LOL!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

15 hours ago, Orion said:

What??

Did Watson punch someone?

Man, you've got your values in a pretzel.  

No, and I've seen the video. Look at this way, albeit more severe. A man kills a man after a heated argument. Does he deserve to go to jail for a very long time? Sure. But at the core of it, would you agree one really poor decision warrants a second chance? Maybe you do, maybe you don't.

This situation plays a lot different than a serial killer who stalked, planned, and killed innocent people. Both people killed a person, but you would pretty objectively agree the serial killer is "worse" offender and isn't nearly as warranted, if at all, to deserve freedom right?

My values are as straight as an arrow. Part of understanding your values is the realization that the world of gray exists in specific, individual scenarios. Kareem Hunt didn't go searching for dozens of underage girls to stalk, get drunk, and take advantage of. Watson did search out 66 women for what he wanted to do. I'm not going to argue with you for a second if you think he didn't, cause it's a waste of typing.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

My values are as straight as an arrow....Kareem Hunt didn't go searching for dozens of underage girls to stalk, get drunk, and take advantage of.

umm...so Hunt was a victim.  

14 hours ago, Orion said:

umm...so Hunt was a victim.  

Don't put words in my mouth, and take time to actually read my comments. If that's the best response you have you aren't doing any of that and are simply, like many, trying to virtue signal two markedly different situations.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1