THE BROWNS BOARD

mailbox

Westside Steve

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

One of the drawbacks to the Invision site is that the mailbox has a tendency to fill up so I just emptied it. If anybody has any personal messages that you still consider in need of attention I have plenty of space now. Hahaha

WSS

Duly noted Steve. Is that hard programmed into the site, or can it be increased?

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Duly noted Steve. Is that hard programmed into the site, or can it be increased?

I think it's most likely a resources cap I suppose for more money I could get it lifted like everything else. But seriously three and four month old messages probably aren't that valid today anyway.

WSS

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

One of the drawbacks to the Invision site is that the mailbox has a tendency to fill up so I just emptied it. If anybody has any personal messages that you still consider in need of attention I have plenty of space now. Hahaha

WSS

I've noticed that the PM box has very limited space.   TIP:  I got one of those FREE Notepad apps and I move any old PMs, posts, etc and copy & paste them over there.  I then put them in different categories  (see spreadsheet).   I use them for all kinds of things.  And the rare very important items I send a copy to my cloud.  I'm somewhat organized now. 

Screenshot_2022-08-11_133140.jpg

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I've noticed that the PM box has very limited space.   TIP:  I got one of those FREE Notepad apps and I move any old PMs, posts, etc and copy & paste them over there.  I then put them in different categories  (see spreadsheet).   I use them for all kinds of things.  And the rare very important items I send a copy to my cloud.  I'm somewhat organized now. 

Yeah, I suppose I could use a similar method if there was something I really wanted to save. Copy it over to a Word document.. I've had to do that a couple of times when the PM I wanted to send someone got the error message  XXXX cannot receive any  messages.  

BTW,  🤬I'm patiently waiting for my computer guru to come over and fix the stuff I have on Office. When he upgraded my hardware, all my documents went to Microsoft OneDrive and immediately filled up the free 5 gigabyte allotment. Now I can't even do anything with Word or Excel.  Screw you Microsoft if you think I'm going to pay you anything for extra Cloud backup. Already paying for that with my antivirus software.  I'm going to have to think long and hard if I want to pay Microsoft $100 bucks a year to install 365 on our two computers, and get the terabyte storage that come with it. I'm old school, just sell me the stinking program. 

I would think raising the PM capacity should not be that hard of a thing to do.  Ive used the simple c&p  copy & paste into a simple app for a extra practically unlimited  amount of storage.   Can be easily moved or easily DELETED  as you need or want to.

I started about 5 years ago to digitally and with pictures back up virtually anything in our house.  The main reason was for insurance  or other proof of ownership  and other needs like incase of a fire or other casualty  in our home.  Besides my brother we've known several people who have had fire issues and  ZERO proof of ownership or value. 

You take pictures of everything in every room, closet, drawer in the house.  Silverware,  jewelry (laid out in groups), coats and jackets and more.  Then download the pictures,  send some to trusted friends and a complete copy in your cloud for about $3.20/mo.   using a cc with auto-pay. I got 200 GB storage and haven't come near that amount. 

♥︎ And as a really nice bonus  I have a nice picture album of our property,  cars, and all of the family pictures I could find.   It's grown nicely and I'm sharing pictures to our family and friends.   I find new things all the time.      :D

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

I recommend Notepad++.. it's basically a more involved GUI surrounding the Notepad app.  Also when you copy-paste anything, it strips the formatting so you can take less space to store whatever the content is.

I've tried several Notepad Free types is simple and easy to use.   There is one other app that I liked on another tablet,  I'll have to look it up.

I use these as temporary go-between Notepads or Notebooks like you might use a steno pad.  Actually I'm getting my systems together,  I have a brand new tablet still in it's box waiting to get it online. 

Then this one will be a backup....if my wife doesn't grab it. She likes it better than hers.  Oh well.....  Tablets are cheap, good cooks aren't.    :lol: