THE BROWNS BOARD

Where Are They Now?

Dutch Oven

Here's an exciting and insightful new thread for you to peruse, as we find out what ex-Browns greats are up to now!

In the first installment, lets see what Ray "Bubba" Ventrone, ex-Browns special team superstar is up to!

https://www.colts.com/team/coaches-roster/bubba-ventrone

ray venrone.jpeg

My goodness, I'm not sure it is right of me to post another one of these so soon after rocking your collective world's with Ray "Bubba" Ventrone news, but who could ever forget former 2015 first round pick Danny Shelton? Well the Kansas City Chiefs didn't, that for sure! 

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article264343131.html

danny shelton.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

My goodness, I'm not sure it is right of me to post another one of these so soon after rocking your collective world's with Ray "Bubba" Ventrone news, but who could ever forget former 2015 first round pick Danny Shelton? Well the Kansas City Chiefs didn't, that for sure! 

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article264343131.html

You are forgiven Son of cal.🤠

• Haha 1

Holy shitballs, a thousand apologies upon all of you fine people, I've made you wait most of the day for an update on former Browns standout defensive back Terrance "Money Mitch" Mitchell! Money Mitch - who played for the Browns from 2018-2020 - now plays for Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots! Here's a super duper video of Terrance causing a fumble in the Pats preseason game. 

https://www.patriots.com/video/malcolm-butler-recovers-fumble-forced-by-terrance-mitchell-for-patriots-turnover

terrance mitchell .jpeg

• Haha 1

This enthralling thread would not be complete without an update on the "Pierogie Prince of Parma", Jamie Meder! In the midst of a 1-31 stretch in 2016-17, Meder single-handily gave the Browns their lone victory, by blocking a late 4th quarter field goal vs the then San Diego Chargers to preserve a Browns 20-17 win. Rumors are that if the Browns build a new stadium, it will include a 50 foot statue of Meder blocking that kick with one hand, and eating pierogies with the other. Possibly, the most Cleveland statue, ever. Meder retired from the NFL a few years ago, and in January, 2021 he became a police officer in Brooklyn Heights. 

jamie meder.jpg

• Like 3

Now boys and girls, isn't getting up to date with ex-Browns players a hoot? Do you feel like your life isn't complete without knowing what players who have nothing to do with the current team are up to? WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!

Next up is ex-Browns TE Darren Fells, who played for the Browns in 2018. While he was the third string TE, he was always first in our hearts! Sadly, Fells is not currently on a NFL roster. (Cue sad music)

darren fells.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I can’t wait for you to do Michael Jackson (not the singer that wears one glove and sings “beat it”).

That is a quality suggestion, consider it done!

And let's remember, he was also Michael Dyson for like one game, too. 

This train just keeps going! Next stop, ex-Browns WR Michael (Dyson for one game in 1993) Jackson!

Jackson was a highly productive WR, playing for the Browns during their last five seasons before they left for Baltimore. He finished his career with 353 receptions for 5393 yards and 46 touchdowns.

He's not up to much these days, since he was killed in a motorcycle accident on May 12, 2017. He was riding his bike in Louisiana at a high rate of speed, and slammed into a car pulling out of a driveway, also killing the driver. 

michael jackson browns.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This train just keeps going! Next stop, ex-Browns WR Michael (Dyson for one game in 1993) Jackson!

Jackson was a highly productive WR, playing for the Browns during their last five seasons before they left for Baltimore. He finished his career with 353 receptions for 5393 yards and 46 touchdowns.

He's not up to much these days, since he was killed in a motorcycle accident on May 12, 2017. He was riding his bike in Louisiana at a high rate of speed, and slammed into a car pulling out of a driveway, also killing the driver. 

michael jackson browns.jpeg

Damn!

That didn’t play out like I thought it would.

R.I.P. To “The Thriller”

On 8/13/2022 at 5:50 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Holy shitballs, a thousand apologies upon all of you fine people, I've made you wait most of the day for an update on former Browns standout defensive back Terrance "Money Mitch" Mitchell! Money Mitch - who played for the Browns from 2018-2020 - now plays for Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots! Here's a super duper video of Terrance causing a fumble in the Pats preseason game. 

https://www.patriots.com/video/malcolm-butler-recovers-fumble-forced-by-terrance-mitchell-for-patriots-turnover

terrance mitchell .jpeg

Holy shit balls is so underused. It’s been in heavy rotation for me for a looooooong time. Laughed out loud reading that. 😎😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Damn!

That didn’t play out like I thought it would.

R.I.P. To “The Thriller”

I had forgotten that he had passed, and when I starting looking him up I'm all:

"Did Canton Dawg punk me?" 🤣

51 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I had forgotten that he had passed, and when I starting looking him up I'm all:

"Did Canton Dawg punk me?" 🤣

No…I just remembered his name a couple of weeks ago. 😂

It sort stands out over the years, like Thane Gash, and Fair Hooker.

25 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I have one lined up for tomorrow morning, but I'll do one for Brennan this week before I leave for the weekend for enemy territory, i.e. Pittsburgh for their Italian Fest, just for you gumby. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 7:27 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

You are forgiven Son of cal.🤠

The sarcasm is delicious, I vote for Dutch keeping it going.... 

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That is a quality suggestion, consider it done!

And let's remember, he was also Michael Dyson for like one game, too. 

We need updates on Brandon Weeden and Deshone Kaiser too!!!   And WHO can ever forget that epic training camp sensation Ben Gay?  :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The sarcasm is delicious, I vote for Dutch keeping it going.... 

We need updates on Brandon Weeden and Deshone Kaiser too!!!   And WHO can ever forget that epic training camp sensation Ben Gay?  :D 

Sarcasm? Me? I have no idea what you are talking about, hoorta.

I actually had thought of doing one for one of the three guys you mentioned!  

• Haha 1

Great posts and a Very cool thread.  

How about this guy…Mr. Leroy Hoard.  *ichigan guy but a very good dude.  Who remembers his catch from his back…circa early 90s at the time maybe my favorite touchdown ever. I was around 10 or so I spotted Leroy, Minnifield and here’s another name for you all Pio Sagapulatelli (SIC for sure- and can you find where he is now) in Dayton out and about and forced my Mom to start a conversation with them so I could get autograph.  Please no comments lol…Dad was there too.   

He’s currently on sports talk radio in south Florida….thankfully away from *ichigan football. 

97D7EEEC-1817-4D1D-908E-33225C8C1D38.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Great posts and a Very cool thread.  

How about this guy…Mr. Leroy Hoard.  *ichigan guy but a very good dude.  Who remembers his catch from his back…circa early 90s at the time maybe my favorite touchdown ever. I was around 10 or so I spotted Leroy, Minnifield and here’s another name for you all Pio Sagapulatelli (SIC for sure- and can you find where he is now) in Dayton out and about and forced my Mom to start a conversation with them so I could get autograph.  Please no comments lol…Dad was there too.   

He’s currently on sports talk radio in south Florida….thankfully away from *ichigan football. 

97D7EEEC-1817-4D1D-908E-33225C8C1D38.jpeg

Always liked Hoard, ran hard and from what I remember was a pretty darn good pass catcher out of the backfield. 

My potential list continues to grow!

The thirst for ex-Browns player news is strong here on TBB! 

• Upvote 1

JFF is at peace, more thankful for his rise and his fall in football and has these words back in April for the Baker/Browns situation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2022/04/23/johnny-manziel-still-playing-football-with-a-new-perspective/50127955/

“I try and stay out of a lot of the Cleveland drama and what surrounds the Browns, but being a friend of Baker and having a bunch of mutual friends, we do spend a little bit of time together here and there,” Manziel said. “He’s got a good head on his shoulders. I think he’s got a lot of his career left ahead of him, and he’s going to get himself in a situation just based on the fact that Cleveland doesn’t want him anymore, obviously, with decisions they’ve made. He’s going to land on his feet and I think he’ll end up somewhere where he can be successful. I wish him nothing but the best.”

He was channeling cal obviously. 🤗

• Haha 1

Here's a personal favorite of mine, Browns long snapper extraordinaire, Ryan Pontbriand!

In the 2003 NFL Draft, Butch Davis used a 5th round pick on Pontbriand, the highest draft pick ever used on a player who strictly was a long snapper. Well, safe to say, Ryan longsnapped himself right into Browns fan's hearts! He would have a long, successful run with the Browns, playing in Cleveland until he was released during the 2011 season, gaining two Pro Bowl berths. I feel safe saying that we all felt pride seeing Pontbriand bent over in Hawaii with the other Pro Bowl players, snapping balls between his legs!

What's Ryan up to now? Well fuck me running, what is he NOT up to these days? Married to his wife Nicole, father of three childrens, Ryan is in the real estate business, while also building custom homes AND owning Empower Fitness Lab in Houston, Texas. 

ryan pontbriand browns.jpeg

On 8/15/2022 at 9:54 PM, Canton Dawg said:

I can’t wait for you to do Michael Jackson (not the singer that wears one glove and sings “beat it”).

That guy ran 4.3s but he had a rock quarry that just couldn't catch footballs when he got open.  So why did some fans still call him "Thriller"?   He'd either inexplicably catch passes we didn't expect him to in traffic -or- he got the gloves to fit over the rock quarry.

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2022 at 9:13 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Here's an exciting and insightful new thread for you to peruse, as we find out what ex-Browns greats are up to now!

In the first installment, lets see what Ray "Bubba" Ventrone, ex-Browns special team superstar is up to!

https://www.colts.com/team/coaches-roster/bubba-ventrone

ray venrone.jpeg

Thank God Shep's not here any more.  He'd be pissed you weren't showing this guy in fanny floss.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Always liked Hoard, ran hard and from what I remember was a pretty darn good pass catcher out of the backfield. 

My potential list continues to grow!

The thirst for ex-Browns player news is strong here on TBB! 

Despite the college he attended, he was fun to watch and easy to appreciate. Like you said he "ran hard" to the extent that even though he played RB for the Browns he actually made the Pro Bowl as a Fullback.  In the process, it quietly got us to forget Touchdown Tommy turned into Touchdown-Free Tommy; and Metcalf should have been in the slot (before his next teams knew enough to do that).

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Who was Shep?

He was an outspoken guy that lived on the board (many moons ago) that had the most outrageous criteria.  He wanted only QBs and players that were good looking to him.  One time he corrected me with "if he can't get laid he shouldn't get paid."  Good thing he's not the one deciding how long Watson should be suspended. "If you would have got it right the first time we wouldn't be here now would we Mr. Watson?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Who was Shep?

Oh, Flugs is mostly right, Shep had a man crush on quarterbacks, and would analyze them to the death.  He was mostly wrong though. Notable failures... Joey Harrington, Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn.  & See below...  

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

He was an outspoken guy that lived on the board (many moons ago) that had the most outrageous criteria.  He wanted only QBs and players that were good looking to him.  One time he corrected me with "if he can't get laid he shouldn't get paid."  Good thing he's not the one deciding how long Watson should be suspended. "If you would have got it right the first time we wouldn't be here now would we Mr. Watson?"

RE: Mr. Quinn.. Shep and a few others were responsible for the Great Board Schism back then..  Got so POed at Stan, they ran off and started their own competing Board B-arking H-ard (I believe that's still on auto correct.)   It's now hanging on by a thread too, because Shep and others got POed there recently and took off. I've lost track of him. 

What I do know in his line of work he makes enough $$$ to travel and get the best seats at away games. Don't quote me on this as being accurate, but I believe he's a screenwriter living in LA.  I have his cell # (haven't used it in years). Even met him after a Browns game many Moons ago, and I will say this- (and my nephew agrees) his daughter is drop dead gorgeous with the looks of a model.  :)    

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Oh, Flugs is mostly right, Shep had a man crush on quarterbacks, and would analyze them to the death.  He was mostly wrong though. Notable failures... Joey Harrington, Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn.  & See below...  

RE: Mr. Quinn.. Shep and a few others were responsible for the Great Board Schism back then..  Got so POed at Stan, they ran off and started their own competing Board B-arking H-ard (I believe that's still on auto correct.)   It's now hanging on by a thread too, because Shep and others got POed there recently and took off. I've lost track of him. 

What I do know in his line of work he makes enough $$$ to travel and get the best seats at away games. Don't quote me on this as being accurate, but I believe he's a screenwriter living in LA.  I have his cell # (haven't used it in years). Even met him after a Browns game many Moons ago, and I will say this- (and my nephew agrees) his daughter is drop dead gorgeous with the looks of a model.  :)    

Shep had his moment. He was a pretty big deal screenwriter/director a few years back. I always liked him. We had lunch a couple of times in LA.  He sure as hell knew his Browns history. Made it fun to talk with him. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Shep was a bizarre dude..Never saw a guy who could get so hyped on a QB and die with him.... Never doubted the mans fandom... His common sense.. Well that was suspect... He defended Alex Smith to the core...He was mostly wrong on him... But Smith did turn in a respectable career... Not elite by any stretch... I do wish that knucklehead well though...

• Like 1