THE BROWNS BOARD

Where Are They Now?

Dutch Oven

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

JFF is at peace, more thankful for his rise and his fall in football and has these words back in April for the Baker/Browns situation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2022/04/23/johnny-manziel-still-playing-football-with-a-new-perspective/50127955/

“I try and stay out of a lot of the Cleveland drama and what surrounds the Browns, but being a friend of Baker and having a bunch of mutual friends, we do spend a little bit of time together here and there,” Manziel said. “He’s got a good head on his shoulders. I think he’s got a lot of his career left ahead of him, and he’s going to get himself in a situation just based on the fact that Cleveland doesn’t want him anymore, obviously, with decisions they’ve made. He’s going to land on his feet and I think he’ll end up somewhere where he can be successful. I wish him nothing but the best.”

He was channeling cal obviously. 🤗

fug JFF.

• Haha 1

Are you fellas ready to have your balls blown off?

Well, it's Brian Brennan time here in the little thread that could! Brennan, a fan favorite (because if there is something Cleveland fans just love, its small white players!) in his eight seasons with the Browns. Drafted in the 4th round in 1984, this Boston College teammate of Doug Flutie had himself a very nice career, finishing with 334 receptions for 4336 yards and 20 touchdowns. His touchdown reception vs the Broncos in the 1986 AFC Championship was possibly the high point of the Browns franchise in the Super Bowl era. They would never get closer to a Super Bowl than that. 

Brennan still lives in the Cleveland area, he and his college sweetheart wife Bethany live in Pepper Pike and have three kids. Brian is a manager at the Key Bank headquarters, where it is rumored he can be heard saying "Dollar, dollar bills, ya'll". 

brian brennan browns.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

Oh, Flugs is mostly right, Shep had a man crush on quarterbacks, and would analyze them to the death.  He was mostly wrong though. Notable failures... Joey Harrington, Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn.  & See below...  

RE: Mr. Quinn.. Shep and a few others were responsible for the Great Board Schism back then..  Got so POed at Stan, they ran off and started their own competing Board B-arking H-ard (I believe that's still on auto correct.)   It's now hanging on by a thread too, because Shep and others got POed there recently and took off. I've lost track of him. 

What I do know in his line of work he makes enough $$$ to travel and get the best seats at away games. Don't quote me on this as being accurate, but I believe he's a screenwriter living in LA.  I have his cell # (haven't used it in years). Even met him after a Browns game many Moons ago, and I will say this- (and my nephew agrees) his daughter is drop dead gorgeous with the looks of a model.  :)    

Yeah, he sure got a lot of them QBs wrong; but it's not like I've been anything to brag about in that department either.

The funniest intangible he looked for was if the QB has red hair and/or freckles somebody better call 911 because we're in deep shit,  As outrageous as that sounds, hindsight 20/20 shows us Charlie Frye, Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy ("don't give me that strawberry blonde stuff - strawberries are red") was where he seemed to get them right. 

Back then, Cal had Shep belly up on some Dr Frasier Crane's couch when he was excited about Charlie Frye.  Not only that, both Shep and Rich4eagle were in that fantasy football league the 1st year Cal tried to play. I was in it too. When Cal was drafting all Cleveland Browns - everybody was laughing.  As fate had it, when they either got benched or injured he picked up other guys.  Next thing you know, he started winning and announcing "so this is how you play fantasy football..."  Believe it or not, Cal won the league. If anyone remembers how Rich4eagle was wired - they know his computer ended up in a 1000 pieces floating in the nearest body of water.  Meanwhile, Shep's shrink probably raised the rates. 

You can't make this stuff up...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Yeah, he sure got a lot of them QBs wrong; but it's not like I've been anything to brag about in that department either.

The funniest intangible he looked for was if the QB has red hair and/or freckles somebody better call 911 because we're in deep shit,  As outrageous as that sounds, hindsight 20/20 shows us Charlie Frye, Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy ("don't give me that strawberry blonde stuff - strawberries are red") was where he seemed to get them right. 

Back then, Cal had Shep belly up on some Dr Frasier Crane's couch when he was excited about Charlie Frye.  Not only that, both Shep and Rich4eagle were in that fantasy football league the 1st year Cal tried to play. I was in it too. When Cal was drafting all Cleveland Browns - everybody was laughing.  As fate had it, when they either got benched or injured he picked up other guys.  Next thing you know, he started winning and announcing "so this is how you play fantasy football..."  Believe it or not, Cal won the league. If anyone remembers how Rich4eagle was wired - they know his computer ended up in a 1000 pieces floating in the nearest body of water.  Meanwhile, Shep's shrink probably raised the rates. 

You can't make this stuff up...

A great insight on things for those of us that only been here for 6 years and 16 days  yeah I'm actually counting the days, why I don't really know.  The nerd in me i guess.   :huh:

Nice story on Cal winning it all and Rich4eagle and his computer in 1000 pieces....that was somehow priceless.   Rich4eagle if you're out there I'd love to hear that story from your POV.

Nice stuff Flugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

A great insight on things for those of us that only been here for 6 years and 16 days  yeah I'm actually counting the days, why I don't really know.  The nerd in me i guess.   :huh:

Nice story on Cal winning it all and Rich4eagle and his computer in 1000 pieces....that was somehow priceless.   Rich4eagle if you're out there I'd love to hear that story from your POV.

Nice stuff Flugs.

Why is that some of our biggest board whackos are really pretty decent people when you meet them in person... Rich was a regular at many of our Tailgates that predated "The Lot Under the Bridge"... Last time I saw him was way back when the Browns- coincidentally- played the Panthers in Charlotte.  And we did have a pretty great time in Charlotte Saturday evening before the game. 

Yeah even Ghoolie- when he dropped his Board persona- was a pretty regular guy when he showed me around Youngstown way back.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Why is that some of our biggest board whackos are really pretty decent people when you meet them in person... Rich was a regular at many of our Tailgates that predated "The Lot Under the Bridge"... Last time I saw him was way back when the Browns- coincidentally- played the Panthers in Charlotte.  And we did have a pretty great time in Charlotte Saturday evening before the game. 

Yeah even Ghoolie- when he dropped his Board persona- was a pretty regular guy when he showed me around Youngstown way back.  

That is kind of amazing at times, guys that seem to be regular nice or OK guys in person......but put a keyboard in front of them and......whoa, who is this idiot ?

Ghoolie for example, if he's who I think he is, I'm sure he graduated from Austintown Fitch,  went to YSU the same time I was there, he was a chemistry major. And he went to our church on Rayen Avenue in Youngstown.  My mother-in-law knew his parents, dad was a church usher, mom made pyrogies,  on and on. Left y-town a was a big personality (to put it mildly)  in Memphis (I believe)  his face in their papers calling him "Terrible _______ ",  they said he came there to try to further his music career.......on and on, interesting reading.  Left for Vegas, hit it big in his wastewater ideas, good for him.  He was never shy about promoting himself.

I was going to ask him about the church business when through his arrogance and foul mouth got himself kicked off TBB.....NO secrets there.   Amazing isn't it almost like two different people off/on the computer.   BTW he deserved a ban from here.

Before I head off to the land of incest and poor hygiene, there's always time to squeeze in one more for the week!

Another very popular Browns player at the end of the original Browns' run was Leroy Hoard. Drafted in the 2nd Round (#45 overall) from TSUN in Bill Belichick's first season with the Browns, Hoard was a versatile RB who could pound inside for tough yards, yet catch the ball out of the backfield well too. In 1994 he had 890 yards rushing, a Pro Bowl appearance and a touchdown in the playoff win vs the Patriots. He'd only play two games in Baltimore in 1996 before getting released, eventually catching on with the Minnesota Vikings for an impressive second act to his career. He finished his career with 3964 rushing and 2430 receiving yards, with 51 total touchdowns. 

Leroy has struggled since retiring with physical problems, the results of a 10 year NFL career. He manages his ailments as well as he can, and pairs up with Brendon Tobin on South Florida's WAXY 790 AM radio station to do a daily morning sports show. 

leroy hoard browns.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/18/2022 at 7:23 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Are you fellas ready to have your balls blown off?

Well, it's Brian Brennan time here in the little thread that could! Brennan, a fan favorite (because if there is something Cleveland fans just love, its small white players!) in his eight seasons with the Browns. Drafted in the 4th round in 1984, this Boston College teammate of Doug Flutie had himself a very nice career, finishing with 334 receptions for 4336 yards and 20 touchdowns. His touchdown reception vs the Broncos in the 1986 AFC Championship was possibly the high point of the Browns franchise in the Super Bowl era. They would never get closer to a Super Bowl than that. 

Brennan still lives in the Cleveland area, he and his college sweetheart wife Bethany live in Pepper Pike and have three kids. Brian is a manager at the Key Bank headquarters, where it is rumored he can be heard saying "Dollar, dollar bills, ya'll". 

brian brennan browns.jpeg

If this is going to be a continual thing with you I'm just going to read the first sentence of each one and move on. I laughed out loud, again. 😂

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2022 at 12:08 AM, Vagitron said:

If this is going to be a continual thing with you I'm just going to read the first sentence of each one and move on. I laughed out loud, again. 😂

I think I am going to put this thread on hiatus for the time being, with the season almost here, but I'll resurrect it in a slow time of year. 

• Sad 1

Surely, Dutch has been busy preparing his list of Browns hard-knock questions .. so, I ran across this former stud

T4EOKPW6RNFWVF2V632PGUFW3Q.jpg.280ef9ece14067690a061ff1a604ac4b.jpg   Team Kardiac Kids #85                   

Dave Logan

#85 Dave Logan and the Denver state champs Cherry Creek, are scheduled to land in Cleveland on Friday night for Saturday’s 4 p.m. game at First Federal Lakewood Stadium to play Ohio state champs of St. Edwards. 

Dave Logan still continues his love of the game coaching and calling Denver Bronco games on Denver's local radio broadcast 

https://www.cleveland.com/highschoolsports/2022/09/dave-logan-former-browns-receiver-with-the-kardiac-kids-bringing-colorado-state-champ-cherry-creek-to-ohio-vs-st-edward.html

Happy Friday !

Were finally, under a Week until a Thursday night NFL opener of Bills at Rams 👀

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dutch's Browns Questions will be posted sometime this weekend, gumby!

always timely... and We can always count on Dutch as our graceful host at his final revealings... BB Moto.. Toughest Fans in Pro Sports  

We can take it ! Bring'em on !  Always a riot & thanks! 

(now if we can just pin the thing up top so we can track it ? I'll never find it later 🤣 )  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

always timely... and We can always count on Dutch as our graceful host at his final revealings... BB Moto.. Toughest Fans in Pro Sports  

We can take it ! Bring'em on !  Always a riot & thanks! 

(now if we can just pin the thing up top so we can track it ? I'll never find it later 🤣 )  

People always have a lot of fun participating in his Browns Questions.   I hope I get more things right than just my screen name this year.

25 minutes ago, Flugel said:

People always have a lot of fun participating in his Browns Questions.   I hope I get more things right than just my screen name this year.

What's your screen name? Trick question for an oldster I know.😁

On 8/17/2022 at 6:51 AM, Flugel said:

That guy ran 4.3s but he had a rock quarry that just couldn't catch footballs when he got open.  So why did some fans still call him "Thriller"?   He'd either inexplicably catch passes we didn't expect him to in traffic -or- he got the gloves to fit over the rock quarry.

LOL! Spot on. Michael Jackson was exactly that. He would catch the balls that you didn't expect him to and drop the easiest passes. I swear somehow Braylon Edwards was related to him.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Browns57 said:

LOL! Spot on. Michael Jackson was exactly that. He would catch the balls that you didn't expect him to and drop the easiest passes. I swear somehow Braylon Edwards was related to him.

They certainly had a lot in common. Both guys' biggest opponents were themselves.  In Braylon's 3rd year (2007), he had the breakout season with 80 rec for 1289 yards and 16 TDs. Unfortunately, we never saw the same guy again.  His perpetual lack of focus and professionalism led to all the disappointing drops.  It got so bad I had to hyphenate his last name to Edwards-Scissorhands. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flugel said:

Don't mess with my mojo Aggies.  I'm on a hot streak.  I know why I entered the kitchen every time today.  

Well I managed to leave two new ponchos (which we later needed in a drenching) under our seats at the A&M game when we moved to two others. But fortunately someone near there saw where we moved and brought them over to us. In my defense however my 14 year old grandson with me also forgot we had put them under there.  LOL!:rolleyes:

But since I'm here anyway watch this great wipeout block far downfield by one WR creating the TD for another WR. Play of the day! 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well I managed to leave two new ponchos (which we later needed in a drenching) under our seats at the A&M game when we moved to two others. But fortunately someone near there saw where we moved and brought them over to us. In my defense however my 14 year old grandson with me also forgot we had put them under there.  LOL!:rolleyes:

But since I'm here anyway watch this great wipeout block far downfield by one WR creating the TD for another WR. Play of the day! 

Now that's how you clean the cob webs out of someone's head.   Do you think he'll get a thank you card?

• Haha 1

watch this great wipeout block far downfield by one WR creating the TD for another WR. Play of the day! 

@TexasAg1969

Had to chuckle at :05 seconds into video/ play-by-play man "Smith breaks a tackle" 🙋‍♂️

clock cleaning Block by A&M's WR

8 Brown, Yulkeith SO

Sam Houston St (head on a swivel champ')

25 BJ Foster DB grad student

sticking with thread..  Med staff asked..."Where are you now"?

edit-- I'd transfer portal Schwartz to Georgia for his missing senior season;).. And grab any Georgia TE we could get👀.  Them dawgs are #TE-loaded

On 8/18/2022 at 1:20 PM, hoorta said:

LOL!  Well said.  When Ghoolie was going to come to meet up with us in Nashville I honestly didn't know if I was still going to have to tie that pus gut up into a pretzel and squeeze him into a children's large Joe Thomas jersey before we'd get the chance enjoy each other's company.