THE BROWNS BOARD

Republicans are increasingly sharing misinformation, research finds.

cccjwh

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

No idea how you got that from what I posted. Guessing you are just deflecting. 

"Good fact checkers list past false stories, so you can look it up yourself."

Since that doesn't apply here, it must be faith.

But I got bored and looked it up.  Wapo is the 3rd most reliable news source listed by News Guardian.  How ironic considering the misleading headline.

"If they apologize for mistakes in the information they passed you, then they can gain some creditability back."

We'll be here when you're ready.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

But I got bored and looked it up.  Wapo is the 3rd most reliable news source listed by News Guardian.  How ironic considering the misleading headline.

"If they apologize for mistakes in the information they passed you, then they can gain some creditability back."

If by faith you mean confidence, then sure. You gain confidence in someone or something from past results. Again, how do you determine if someone you are talking to is credible

1 minute ago, cccjwh said:

If by faith you mean confidence, then sure. Again, how do you determine if someone you are talking to is creditable? 

Well that depends, if you are reporting data, I'd like to see it.  If we're shooting the shit in person, body language and common sense.

7 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Well that depends, if you are reporting data, I'd like to see it.  If we're shooting the shit in person, body language and common sense.

It didn't ask about the subject the person will talking about. I ask how you determine if the person is creditable. What is the most important attribute in determining if they are creditable. 

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

Zing

6 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

If by faith you mean confidence, then sure. You gain confidence in someone or something from past results. Again, how do you determine if someone you are talking to is creditable? 

i dont think you know how far you fumbled into the hole of delusion you set yourself up in...but you were citing WAPO 

6 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Adults are talking.

no, the adults knew it was over after cyskos video...

7 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

It didn't ask about the subject the person will talking about. I ask how you determine if the person is creditable. What is the most important attribute in determining if they are creditable. 

Ok, I see where your going.

In order to be credible there must be a history of 'trust' or something to that affect.

The problem you have is Wapo specifically states misinformation. The research they cite relates to credible sources.

If I take everything it says at face value, it's still bullshit.

Example, if I have a V6 engine and you have a V8 engine, does that mean you speed more than me?  That's all Wapo needed.

5 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Do you even know what "creditable" means?

1. Deserving of often limited praise or commendation: The student made a creditable effort on the essay.

As often as you've been a loser here, I'll give you credit for being persistent.

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes Nick Vambo FY Htown Hooker Canton Mike Cysko ...

WSS

That's damn rare around here Steve, why don't you tell the children posting from mommy's basement who think 5th grade insulting memes and schoolyard taunts are really "adult' to grow the f**k up already. It reflects rather poorly on this Forum.  

15 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

In order to be credible there must be a history of 'trust' or something to that affect.

The problem you have is Wapo specifically states misinformation. The research they cite relates to credible sources.

Example, if I have a V6 engine and you have a V8 engine, does that mean you speed more than me?  That's all Wapo needed.

He said creditable, not credible. Two different meanings.

Creditable simply means one deserving credit for something.  His question is stupid.

I posted the definition above.

22 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

I'm not sure why you have such a hard time with this. In 2020 GOP candidates shared far less "questionable" sources then the 2022, if that makes you feel better. That by itself show a shift to crazier. Now that Cheetos is re-post qanon, it is only going to get worse. If they ever create a rightwing fact checking site let me know. 

19 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That's damn rare around here Steve, why don't you tell the children posting in mommy's basement who think 5th grade memes and schoolyard taunts are really "adult' to grow the f**k up already. It reflects rather poorly on this Forum.  

You're just jealous because liberals can't meme.

There's some truth to every joke, that's why liberal memes aren't funny.

Nevertheless, a liberal taking the high road in maturity is funny.

1 minute ago, cccjwh said:

I'm not sure why you have such a hard time with this. In 2020 GOP candidates shared far less "questionable" sources then the 2022, if that makes you feel better. That by itself show a shift to crazier. Now that Cheetos is re-post qanon is only going to get worse. If they ever create a rightwing fact checking site let me know. 

It's literally the title of the article and your post.  Why wasn't the title "Republicans use more unreliable sources in 2022"?

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That's damn rare around here Steve, why don't you tell the children posting from mommy's basement who think 5th grade insulting memes and schoolyard taunts are really "adult' to grow the f**k up already. It reflects rather poorly on this Forum.  

image.png.37786f2fd87bd7bc60a7d5a0a582cbfc.png

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Ha.  He got me.

39 minutes ago, FY56 said:

I'm not so sure about that. I'm not confident he even knew what he was talking about.

40 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Corrected my mistakes, thanks.

What did I tell ya htown? lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I think if you look in the encyclopedia under "pot versus kettle analogy" one would find a picture of you Larry.

WSs

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think if you look in the encyclopedia under "pot versus kettle analogy" one would find a picture of you Larry.

WSs

Sheeze, and you'd be dead wrong Steve.  Maybe you might remember I finally censured a guy for repeatedly calling me a mother f**king asshole.  So you reinstated him immediately. Go find one instance where I've ever used language like that against another poster. Nut jobs (of which there are many here) deserve to be called out for what they are, living in some alternate reality. 

Maybe you're missing the crap that gets thrown at anyone who doesn't hold to the right wing echo chamber. Let the inmates run the asylum- because you happen to agree with their POV, and turn a blind eye to their grade school antics. You damn well know if this Forum was moderated like the Browns Forum, 1\2 your like  minded right wing posters would be gone for a month at a time until they learned how to act like respectful adults. 

It's little wonder some folks would prefer this shit hole get shut down. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sheeze, and you'd be dead wrong Steve.  Maybe you might remember I finally censured a guy for repeatedly calling me a mother f**king asshole.  So you reinstated him immediately. Go find one instance where I've ever used language like that against another poster. Nut jobs (of which there are many here) deserve to be called out for what they are, living in some alternate reality. 

Maybe you're missing the crap that gets thrown at anyone who doesn't hold to the right wing echo chamber. Let the inmates run the asylum- because you happen to agree with their POV, and turn a blind eye to their grade school antics. You damn well know if this Forum was moderated like the Browns Forum, 1\2 your like  minded right wing posters would be gone for a month at a time until they learned how to act like respectful adults. 

It's little wonder some folks would prefer this shit hole get shut down. 

That's why there was only 6 posts on the game day thread last week...no one wants to post there they get belittled and harassed.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Your power trip over being a mod is laughable.  And you keep coming back here, even though you keep saying you won't.  Obviously the little jabs about drinking are really bothering you.  

It's like woody in the swamp thread :D