THE BROWNS BOARD

Patten Still on the Radar

WPB Dawg Fan

According to the Beacon Journal:

Browns | Not ruling out a return of Patten

Sun, 06 Sep 2009 22:40:52 -0700

George M. Thomas, of The Beacon Journal, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Eric Mangini isn't ruling out bringing back free-agent WR David Patten, who was released over the weekend.

I prefer we don't...it would likely mean we lose another young guy to add him.

Depends how things pan out, but I would like him back. Just as a mentor to Edwards if nothing else. I think he can keep him focused, plus he can still play.

I think Edwards is past the point of needing a mentor....Patton might be that for the other guys as Edwards probably isn't a mentoring type.

They put their lockers next to each other and up to now Patten has been a major influence on him according to Edwards.

Braylons could most certainly use a mentor to show him how to be a pro. Keeping his head straight should directly correlate to catching the ball.

And yes, Patten (with an E not an O) could also help the two kids and Cribbs.

I would not be shocked at all if he were still in their plans, they love that guy.

I would rather us get jennings back im not convinced we have a running game at all with "2 yards and fall jamal" he is best kept fresh until late november...;)

Go back and look at his stats everywhere he's been. I can't find his HS stats, but he wasn't good at Arizona Western, Arizona, or Montreal.

They put their lockers next to each other and up to now Patten has been a major influence on him according to Edwards.

Braylons could most certainly use a mentor to show him how to be a pro. Keeping his head straight should directly correlate to catching the ball.

And yes, Patten (with an E not an O) could also help the two kids and Cribbs.

I would not be shocked at all if he were still in their plans, they love that guy.

maybe you are right....but you have to admit braylon says what braylon thinks people want to hear.

And I wouldn't mind keeping Patton...I left the O since it seems to bug you. ;)

I would think Floyd won't be around on sunday or very soon after. It would make a lot of sense to bring back Patton with our young receivers and our headcase #1 WR. Same as it is important to keep Lewis around this year to mentor our young RBs.

WHY on earth would be bring back that old man who has never been a #1 or #2 reciever in his life.. Leggett on the practice squad coming onto the regular roster would make WAY more sense.. This team is not going to the superbowl. We have the veteran presence in furry to teach the young guys.. Patten does not make us better. that's the simple fact.

WHY on earth would be bring back that old man who has never been a #1 or #2 reciever in his life.. Leggett on the practice squad coming onto the regular roster would make WAY more sense.. This team is not going to the superbowl. We have the veteran presence in furry to teach the young guys.. Patten does not make us better. that's the simple fact.

Dumb post of the week and also most disrespectful.

You obviously don't know anything about Patten because he has never been on one of your fantasy teams. Patten has been a two, even going back to when he played for us. He also was a huge part of NE's Super Bowl team. If you watched him play in NO you would have seen the guy can still get it.

I can't stand the "this team ain't going to the Super Bowl" crap that comes out of mouths like yours. First off, Patten's roster spot would be at the behest of another position, so to me someone like Leon Williams can beat it. Leggett is on the PS, so he will get plenty of work. Leggett being the 6th WR compared to Patten is huge. Leggett would not see the field anyway, whereas Patten could step right in the minute someone goes down or is ineffective.

What's this crap about being an old man? Show some respect to a guy who has done everything right in this league and could serve a huge purpose on the roster. The Browns know it, they love the guy. He had injury issues but if he makes this team he won't have to worry about being injured too much because of PT. Aside from guys like you who only follow the Fitzgerald's of the world, Patten has played a lot when healthy and played well.

Hey, maybe we could keep Glue Hands Hubbard around to mentor the youngsters and be that missing piece to the puzzle. Patten definitely makes the team better, that is a fact's fact. He is a better player right now than Lance Leggett times ten.

if they have any plans for the 4-6, they better be thinking DL after floyd....

I expect them to sing a DL that can play some nose or bring Patton back. Floyd doesn't excite me and he is a spare part (special teamer only). Again, if they knew they were going to get awarded DeAngelo Smith I think they would have passed on Floyd. Roster wise, they are short at WR and DL. I wold think there will be more adds and subtracts coming.

Archived