THE BROWNS BOARD

It's official. Mangini is NOT telling the Vikes who will start at QB

OconRecon

Guest 88fingerslewy
Honestly, I find it a little embarrassing. Three dads from my son's team have been flipping me shit.

I get people doing the same Shep. Just leaving work tonight a guy says, "You guys getting the 1st pick overall next year?" He's a colts fan. My response was "Who was the QB of the colts when you became a fan, and unless it's Harbaugh or earlier than go fcuk yourself." His response, "who?"

My brother-in-law is a certified jack-ass and yes, you guessed it, a steeler fan. This summer we got into it at the cottage. He's chirpin' about the browns sucking and bragging about the steelers. I told him he didn't know shit then asked him if he knew who Jackie Smith was, he says "who?" I remind him "He gift-wrapped you a super bowl by dropping a touchdown pass for the cowboys moron." My b-in-law acts like some hard-ass tough guy. He reminds me of how hard-nosed "steeler football" is. "Ok genius, you're such a fan, what college did both lambert and james harrison go to?" He says "I don't give a shit about that crap." O for 2. We're drinking, I wanna drop this arrogant prick (never liked him). "Name me 2 guys on your o-line." "Ok, how 'bout just one?" The atom-splitter says, "alan faneca." "Ohhhh, very good paul; too bad he plays for the FCKING NEW YORK JETS!!!!" It got real quiet, I cracked another beer and went fishing for bass off the dock....steeler fan....good one.

So in closing Shep, if you've got to explain it to them....they don't get it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I know what I mean better than you do. That comes with this being my brain in here.

For the millionth time, it isn't the Quinn starting statement. We both know Quinn is the starter. It's the embarrassment that comes from the lame gamesmanship. Not sure how many more times I have to say this, DTBH..............

And as the embarrassment that comes with being a Browns fan, screw that. I feel no embarrassment overall, just recently. I remember the 80's.

It's not a matter of you 'knowing what you mean.'

It's a matter of you being a little frustrated school girl who wants to know who his starting QB is and wants to know now, damn it... and not being able to ADMIT IT. So you say some shit about how 'embarressing it is to the organization.' I don't see any articles or an analysts anywhere making fun of the strategy. The might question whether it will work or whether it's worth it, but I see no one making fun of it.

No matter how many times you say that YOU or WE know who the starter is, we don't know for 100%. If we did, there would be no issue. If we did, there wouldn't still be articles about it. If we did, there wouldn't need to be 10 new threads a day about it. If we did, we wouldn't be scouring the internet 24/7 non-stop to find something official saying that it's Quinn.

It hurts nothing to keep it a secret.

I'll say it again.

It hurts absolutely nothing to keep it a secret.

As long as the starter is getting reps.

Except apparently your feelings, mz the pussy.

Somehow, I'm imagining Atenears and Zombo don't give a shit and aren't crying "wahh this is embarressing to the organizationnnn."

It's a matter of you being a little frustrated school girl who wants to know who his starting QB is and wants to know now, damn it... and not being able to ADMIT IT.

Sorry I waxed you over on the Cavs board. Perhaps some of your aggression comes from there.

Be as much of a dickhead as you wish...you still cannot read minds.

And as the embarrassment that comes with being a Browns fan, screw that. I feel no embarrassment overall, just recently. I remember the 80's.

yet this little stunt has your panties in a bunch?

you're embarrassed that your coach is.......not naming a starter?

OH THE HUMANITY.....how can we keep ours heads up after having survived the last 30 years?

yet this little stunt has your panties in a bunch?

you're embarrassed that your coach is.......not naming a starter?

OH THE HUMANITY.....how can we keep ours heads up after having survived the last 30 years?

You don't come across as stupid, choco, so I'm not sure why you're misunderstanding me (unless it's ad hominem attack time like DTBH) or how much more clearly I can possibly say this: my panties aren't in a bunch because Mangini refused to name a starter, I'm embarrassed by the lame gamesmanship of it all.

Perhaps I need to send these dolts a singing telegram?

Guest Masters
I'm embarrassed by the lame gamesmanship of it all.

Well Mangini does't seem to think it is lame gamesmanship. I think I'll go with the NFL HC's opinion on this one. Especially since he is not the first or the last to pull this one. Even his mentor has done this "lame" gamesmanship.

I don't see how having a coach who will go after any advantage the can get as embarrassing.

You don't come across as stupid, choco, so I'm not sure why you're misunderstanding me (unless it's ad hominem attack time like DTBH) or how much more clearly I can possibly say this: my panties aren't in a bunch because Mangini refused to name a starter, I'm embarrassed by the lame gamesmanship of it all.

Perhaps I need to send these dolts a singing telegram?

Not an attack on you here mz the pussy, but I have to ask.....why in the world would you personally be embarrassed by the way the Browns are conducting business?

Why am I embarrassed? Because it is embarrassing. Pretty simple. Not sure why I have to keep defending my position here.

The rest of the league sees this for the lame ploy it is. Guaranteed.

Why am I embarrassed? Because it is embarrassing. Pretty simple. Not sure why I have to keep defending my position here.

The rest of the league sees this for the lame ploy it is. Guaranteed.

Again, not sure I see why YOU are embarrassed by it. Is it affecting your life in some way? Are you having to hide from friends and family? Are people sneering at you or mocking you as you walk down the street? Inquiring minds want to know... ;) lol

Perhaps I'll bring it up with my shrink this afternoon.

Thanks for looking out, fellas.

:) just askin mz the pussy. Years ago I may have let it all get to me, but its just a game and they're the team I root for and love to watch (mostly, when they don't look worse than pee-wee, i.e. the Frye years) and so I just go with it and enjoy my Saturdays and Sundays with the Buckeyes and Browns, win or lose.

Neb, some of us live in other cities and hang out with fans of other teams. Mostly when they dick on the Browns, we take it as our usual badge of honor that we never give up. mz the pussy and I find this kind of publicity, about "hiding" your starting QB, to be a little embarrassing in those circles.

Not so tough to understand unless you don't want to.

Shep, I am in another city also. My boss is a Steelers fan, one co-worker is a Ravens fan. More of them are fans of other various teams (work on a Air Force base). Same with college. So yeah, I hear a lot of jabs and such, but I am past the point where I would take any of it personally or be embarrassed by it. I jab back and we all laugh about it.

But hey, we each handle it differently. I was just curious about why.

Living in a place like LA can't be any worse than living right here in Akron being surrounded by choady Pitt fans. Not too mention so many people are fans of other teams.

Honestly, some of these people equate life success based on the football team they follow. I got over that a long time ago.

People love to hate the Browns and Buckeyes, it's been that way for years. Nowadays, people still hate the Buckeyes but really just get a chuckle out of the Browns. Things like this just add more fuel to the fire, but it fazes me none.

The main thing it's doing is pissing off those gamblers and fantasy players who don't know Quinn is the starter yet.

Living in a place like LA can't be any worse than living right here in Akron being surrounded by choady Pitt fans. Not too mention so many people are fans of other teams.

Honestly, some of these people equate life success based on the football team they follow. I got over that a long time ago.

People love to hate the Browns and Buckeyes, it's been that way for years. Nowadays, people still hate the Buckeyes but really just get a chuckle out of the Browns. Things like this just add more fuel to the fire, but it fazes me none.

The main thing it's doing is pissing off those gamblers and fantasy players who don't know Quinn is the starter yet.

You're in Akron Rif? I graduated HS at Cuyahoga Falls.....YEARS ago...lol

Guest Masters

Well, in LA/Orange County they just equate life success to the car they drive and clothes they have, instead of on a football team. But really, it's the same thing.

I just moved to the Falls a few months ago.

Speaking of which, we gotta hook up Mik.

There is a sweet new sports bar right down by me in the valley I'm going to watch the Buckeyes game at Saturday. Let me know if you want to hook up.

Guest Masters
Speaking of which, we gotta hook up Mik.

There is a sweet new sports bar right down by me in the valley I'm going to watch the Buckeyes game at Saturday. Let me know if you want to hook up.

I just may want to do that on Saturday for the game. What is the new sports bar name?

I just may want to do that on Saturday for the game. What is the new sports bar name?

LOL, I'll let you know. I live right by it and didn't even pay attention. I think it's Johnny J's or something like that. It's back in the courtyard off Weathervane Lane amongst Brubakers etc. It is a nice bar though, all set up with big screens and patio plus decent drink prices and good food.

Guest Masters

How does that writer get anything out of "“the rest of us have to go about our regular preparations.” ? Does this writer think the starting QB doesn't go about his regular preparation?

Guest Masters
LOL, I'll let you know. I live right by it and didn't even pay attention. I think it's Johnny J's or something like that. It's back in the courtyard off Weathervane Lane amongst Brubakers etc. It is a nice bar though, all set up with big screens and patio plus decent drink prices and good food.

LOL. Let me know the name. I know roughly where there Brubakers is.

Archived