THE BROWNS BOARD

🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫Official Gameday Thread Steelers at Browns🏈🏈🏈🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫

Westside Steve

I don't know what I think about this game. I'm trying not to let my negativity influence my prediction, but I see SO many people predicting us to win and they seem to be forgetting we're playing the team that's tortured us forever. I mean, we lost to Duck Hodges. 

That being said, I do think we're the better team and SHOULD win. It's just that crazy stuff happens in these games and I'm reluctant to predict a victory, regardless of how much I want to. 

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't know what I think about this game. I'm trying not to let my negativity influence my prediction, but I see SO many people predicting us to win and they seem to be forgetting we're playing the team that's tortured us forever. I mean, we lost to Duck Hodges. 

That being said, I do think we're the better team and SHOULD win. It's just that crazy stuff happens in these games and I'm reluctant to predict a victory, regardless of how much I want to. 

Yes. Now that someone else wrote it I feel better lol.

Please attack Mitch. Don't let him get comfortable.

• Upvote 1

• Zombo changed the title to 🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫Official Gameday Thread Steelers at Browns🏈🏈🏈🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫

This is a very big day for me and Hoorta as I am pretty sure that he joined me in wanting the Browns to draft Mitch Trubisky. It would be very satisfying for us to look like idiots after the Browns stifle this guy. Frankly, he stinks.

That said, the poster who expressed hope that the Browns pressure this guy has expressed my own concern which is ShitMyPantski's overall passive defense. Aggressive on 1st and 2nd down, and then relaxed on third.

It is enfuriating to know that the Browns are a better team but there is a good possibility that your HC is so afraid of losing that he prostrate himself and essentially invites the opposition to penetrate him.

I hate Stefanski. I think he is the biggest pussy to ever coach in the NFL.

Browns 20-17

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

This is a very big day for me and Hoorta as I am pretty sure that he joined me in wanting the Browns to draft Mitch Trubisky. It would be very satisfying for us to look like idiots after the Browns stifle this guy. Frankly, he stinks.

That said, the poster who expressed hope that the Browns pressure this guy has expressed my own concern which is ShitMyPantski's overall passive defense. Aggressive on 1st and 2nd down, and then relaxed on third.

It is enfuriating to know that the Browns are a better team but there is a good possibility that your HC is so afraid of losing that he prostrate himself and essentially invites the opposition to penetrate him.

Browns 20-17

For me, the jury's still out. His first season, everything seemed fine. Last year, well we really don't know the story but what a disappointment. 

I hate changing coaches all the time, but he's GOT TO win these home division games or he'll be sent packing. 

34 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Allow me to read you a story then. 

Baker.  Mayfield.  

The end.

That's been beaten to death.

I suppose I didn't elaborate- why would a head coach play an injured QB? 

Off topic, but the Cleveland local media is really annoying. Strirring crap up. If I was a Browns player I wouldn't answer one question.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

That's been beaten to death.

I suppose I didn't elaborate- why would a head coach play an injured QB? 

Off topic, but the Cleveland local media is really annoying. Strirring crap up. If I was a Browns player I wouldn't answer one question.

There's a working theory I've had for some time now, and it initially began by addressing the success of Josh Allen in Buffalo.

Outside of Tim Couch...

- Charlie Frye

- Derek Anderson

- Brandy Quinn

- Colt McCoy

- Brandon Weeden

- Johnny Manziel

All of those QB's were given 2 years to demonstrate their value and ability to this team.  No QB for the last 15+ years started more than 2 years.    Enter Baker Mayfield.  That 2018 season was down the tubes until the firing of Hue Jackson and the 'less is more' approach to the offense.  By simplifying things, going back under center, putting emphasis on an emerging running game and Bakers greatest weapon - ball action, the Browns offense was able to capitalize on a favorable schedule and a + turnover margin.

Not only the offense, but Baker was able to look competent in a structured and (I hesitate to use  this word) 'calculated' system as a rookie.   Fast forward to 2019 when Todd Monken tries to bring this group into the vertical threat approach now popular in KC, LAC, SEA (for half a season) and keeping pace with offense trends.  It was a complete disaster antithetical to Mayfield's skill set.    2 years, 2018 and 2019... regime and coaching change.       Generally this would mean a QB change with it, but the Browns played themselves out of the top 2020 QB draft options.  Most especially, the offensive competency of 2018 had given our QB more lee-way while the front office began to build personnel identity.    The 2020 season was fun, and Baker was effective, but not without his still noticeable flaws, provided you had the eye and looked hard enough.

One more jump to 2021.  You now have a hurt Baker and worse, lost Conklin for half the season coupled with issues getting his perimeter skill players the ball.   We all know the sad result to that season.  

Baker was medically cleared to play, but it's all well understood, even by myself, that he was playing through pain.  And I commend him for that much.     But the crux of my theory boils down to this...  Bakers flaws as a QB became readily apparent as early as 2019.  However they were a bit forgivable because of the perceived and real issues on the Oline.   Those same flaws, while marginalized by having a top 5 oline, were still somewhat present in 2020.   The 2021 season was one where the front office and coaching staff needed to understand the mind, not the body, of Baker Mayfield.  Did he have the capacity between the ears first and foremost that could elevate his play beyond his physical limitations? (I.E. height)

I've pointed it out more times than I care to count, but when you remove the accuracy of the throws themselves, Bakers decision making ability both pre and post snap are what cost him his job here in Cleveland.   Had he grown mentally and built off the 2020 season, I remain firmly convinced he would be the Browns starting QB right this moment.  Unfortunately he did not, regressed from both the league catching up and partly injury, to the situation we currently see today.     Without the 2018 season being what it was, any and all evidence points to Baker being let go from CLE after the 2019 season.  

Same same for Josh Allen, who was arguably the worst QB in the NFL 2018 and 2019.  Which is why I don't lament the Browns passing on him, because the instability both natural and self-inflicted, would likely have prevented him from becoming what he currently is, should he have been drafted by the Browns.  

As an aside, local sports personalities and journalists are hacks the overwhelming majority of the time.   I've mentioned this story before, but I was at Browns training camp in 2019 with a couple teammates.  We took in all the information we could, so I could report back here what I learned.  Mary Kay on the other hand spent the first 75 minutes of the camp starring down at her phone, I don't believe looking up a single time, yet she was able to have a full page article drawn up the very next day on how the camp session went.  The Browns have a passionate and devoted fan base like few others, they deserve more than that type of bullshit coverage.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

So...the game is on Amazon right?  So I can't watch it...

click your home button on any smart tv remote... 

On 9/15/2022 at 9:52 PM, gumby73 said:

click above in blue to read the 6 week free offer ^^

load to watch by either/ tv or computer/phone

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

Thanks gumby.  But I don't have a smart TV.  Just a plain ol' plasma.

and i don't have a amazon account.. so I, used the wife's account from her tablet/ that somehow? talked to my tv, that says i'm in for the season.. 

I'll be assuming the position ;) if/when this bull- 💩 fails after 7:01 pm... 

3 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Will take any win, no matter how ugly. Otherwise, heads must role in the coaching staff. 

Absolutely  !   This is Pittsburgh  at  CLEVELAND  ....... just win baby !    But my pick for the record   CLEVELAND   30   Pittsburgh   18.

No matter what you just want to have that  BIG W  when the clock shows   00:00.

Our kicker wearing  #3  may play a big part in the game but nevertheless........

GO BROWNS  !       :D

• Upvote 1

D'Ernest Johnson Active  :)

FdSpXY_WAAEvShL.jpg.e22f1e1d0511cf230113126560529d00.jpg

Browns de-activate PR Demetric Felton. That means WR Chester Rogers is punt returner. D'Ernest Johnson active for 1st. Four running backs active for Browns.

FdS2sljWQAAchCN.jpg.70eddd40de9b74a4698dd7a140336ef1.jpg

7 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Browns 20-17

hue jackson ?

7 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Browns 20-17

I guess I've done seen everything when i see ghoolie admit he was wrong about something. 

8 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Browns 20-17

Pat Shurmer is way worse