THE BROWNS BOARD

Dining in Akron

Westside Steve

I do know some places around the state that got real tricky tacky minor violations  some just to get back at various owners or their business   -but-    critical violations  can't be great for any place that serves food.  Now here's a few in Akron  :

These  22 Akron restaurants had the most  (see link)   food inspection violations in 2021-2022.       Updated: Oct. 05, 2022, 11:57 a.m.| ....... Published: Oct. 05, 2022, 7:14 a.m.

Can't be great signs for business.  (below) 

Mid East Cafe, Azteca Restaurante, Saffron Patch, and Mr Zub's all have high health inspection violations health inspections from 2021-2022.Zachary Smith, Cleveland.com 

Screenshot_2022-10-06_180527.jpg

On 10/6/2022 at 8:55 AM, Westside Steve said:

https://cleveland.com/data/2022/10/these-22-akron-restaurants-had-the-most-food-inspection-violations-in-2021-2022.html

Don't know how many of you guys live around Summit County. I was shocked by Ken Stewart's. Church's Chicken on V Odom; not so much.

WSS

When I lived in Cleveland, I worked for a local food distributor. I delivered to most of the so-called high end restaurants. Most were clean or really clean, but there were some that I would not eat at. Ken Stewarts was one of the latter 

8 hours ago, Browns149 said:

When I lived in Cleveland, I worked for a local food distributor. I delivered to most of the so-called high end restaurants. Most were clean or really clean, but there were some that I would not eat at. Ken Stewarts was one of the latter 

And frankly that shocks me given the high quality of any meal I've ever had from Ken Stewart's. My best pal worked at Summit fish way back in the early seventies. The story he always told me was the wine merchant owner would inspect the fish refuse the shipment and he would take that same fish to another of the high and restaurants. There is some sort of product you pour over fish that has started to stink kind of like Febreze.. he said they used it all the time.

To Mike, yes indeed there are some ticky tacky violations out there. A friend of mine who is just chosen as best chef for years running told me they're just looking for anything. He said he got one for having a cracked spatula.

Except in extreme cases I'd be willing to bet that most people who worry about health code violations would have their home kitchen shut down and pretty short order. 🙂

WSS

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And frankly that shocks me given the high quality of any meal I've ever had from Ken Stewart's. My best pal worked at Summit fish way back in the early seventies. The story he always told me was the wine merchant owner would inspect the fish refuse the shipment and he would take that same fish to another of the high and restaurants. There is some sort of product you pour over fish that has started to stink kind of like Febreze.. he said they used it all the time.

To Mike, yes indeed there are some ticky tacky violations out there. A friend of mine who is just chosen as best chef for years running told me they're just looking for anything. He said he got one for having a cracked spatula.

Except in extreme cases I'd be willing to bet that most people who worry about health code violations would have their home kitchen shut down and pretty short order. 🙂

WSS

While the quality of the meal might be great. We did deliver very high quality products that were not cheap at all

The cleanliness of the kitchen and the places where the food is prepped and prepared are what I was talking about

Some places it looks like you could eat off the floors. Others I wouldn’t step foot in the restaurant 

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

While the quality of the meal might be great. We did deliver very high quality products that were not cheap at all

The cleanliness of the kitchen and the places where the food is prepped and prepared are what I was talking about

Some places it looks like you could eat off the floors. Others I wouldn’t step foot in the restaurant 

Which in some cases I think is a little bit hypocritical. I doubt that too many of us could pass a health inspection in our own homes. Hahaha.

But seriously if you drop your fork on the floor who goes to the drawer and gets another one? Etc.

And Susan keeps this dump pretty clean.

WSS

On 10/9/2022 at 4:18 PM, Westside Steve said:

Which in some cases I think is a little bit hypocritical. I doubt that too many of us could pass a health inspection in our own homes. Hahaha.

But seriously if you drop your fork on the floor who goes to the drawer and gets another one? Etc.

And Susan keeps this dump pretty clean.

WSS

It’s one thing to use a fork off the floor for yourself. It’s totally different if you use that fork in a restaurant on unsuspecting customers that relies on cleanliness