FS 21 Brodney Pool 20 Mike Adams DeAngelo Smith

SPECIAL TEAMS

P 15 Dave Zastudil

K 4 Phil Dawson

H 15 Dave Zastudil

PR 16 Joshua Cribbs 30 Gerard Lawson 35 Jerome Harrison

KOR 16 Joshua Cribbs 30 Gerard Lawson 35 Jerome Harrison

LS 64 Ryan Pontbriand

The biggest surprise to me would be having Cribbs still handle kickoff returns while being a WR.

I would have expected them to still have him returning punts, but to have him be WR and return punts and kickoffs? That's just begging for the guy to get dinged up on a kickoff return.

Hmm... Harrison still listed ahead of Davis.

Hmm... He does average 7.2 yards a carry

Seriously though you guys are so high on davis who has done nothing yet that you forgot about arguably our most explosive offensive player last year despite his VERY limited touches.

Pitt game 1 -- 1 touch 23 yards

Baltimore 1 touch 19 yards 1 td

Giants 4 touches (wow, a whole 4) 67 yards

Etc. Etc.

He is a "proven" playmaker if you will why should he be behind a rookie

I'm not necessarily up or down on either of them.

I just thought it was interesting since James Davis blew the doors off both training camp and the preseason games, and Jerome Harrison had a total of 0 touches, and Mangini still put Harrison ahead.

Not saying it's wrong, however.

I hope they both get the ball a dick load.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Sure hope that Mack adjusts better within time. I think we are spoiled though after having Joe Thomas come in as a rookie and play every snap and go to the Pro-Bowl.

as long as Mack is a force to be reckoned with by 2011 i'm fine with baby steps now. that position takes time but he has a good mentor in Hank. on the other side of the coin it probably motivates Hank to step up his game. like i said before, he looks much bigger than last year.

Cribbs listed as a starter at WR on depth chart now ... makes me scratch my head as to why they didn't get his deal re-done during the off-season ... he could be commanding a boatload by week four if he gets off to a good start at both PR and WR.

Zombo

Guest Masters
Cribbs listed as a starter at WR on depth chart now ... makes me scratch my head as to why they didn't get his deal re-done during the off-season ... he could be commanding a boatload by week four if he gets off to a good start at both PR and WR.

Zombo

To me, it would be bad business to pay Cribbs like a legit #2 WR until he shows it on the field. So my guess is they are waiting to see if his play matches his demands. If his play is commanding of a boatload, by season end, he'll get his $$$.

The scariest thing I see is Phil Trautwein. He's our 3rd OT. Seriously? If Thomas or St Clair go down we have a guy called Phil Trautwein.

Man, I'd love to have him guarding my blindside.....

He's only the 3rd tackle because the team was required to put out a depth chart. Actually Steinbach is the backup at LT and maybe even RT. Womack played some RT in preseason. Trautwein isn't going to see the field if someone gets hurt. Mack has been practicing with the 1st team this week and Furrey is the slot receiver. In two receiver sets it has been Cribbs and MoMass splitting time depending if Cribbs is coming off a long return and needs a blow or not.

That depth chart isn't what you will see on game day. Poteat has been playing the nickle and Adams comes in in dime situations in place of Elam. Maiava has been subbing when they go to the 46 defense (maybe because Bowens was banged up). There are a lot of situational groupings that make the depth chart unreal. A lot of subbing at OLB, DL and DBs depending on situations.

Trautwein is developmental and meets the Mangie standards.

Steiny is the third tackle at this point, where their depth rest with inside guys that can step in while Steiny moves to either tackle. Maybe Poke Chop moves to RT, but Steiny goes to LT.

He's only the 3rd tackle because the team was required to put out a depth chart. Actually Steinbach is the backup at LT and maybe even RT. Womack played some RT in preseason. Trautwein isn't going to see the field if someone gets hurt. Mack has been practicing with the 1st team this week and Furrey is the slot receiver. In two receiver sets it has been Cribbs and MoMass splitting time depending if Cribbs is coming off a long return and needs a blow or not.

That depth chart isn't what you will see on game day. Poteat has been playing the nickle and Adams comes in in dime situations in place of Elam. Maiava has been subbing when they go to the 46 defense (maybe because Bowens was banged up). There are a lot of situational groupings that make the depth chart unreal. A lot of subbing at OLB, DL and DBs depending on situations.

I understand how the depth chart works but it still screams to me that we lack any substantial depth at OT. Steinback at tackle scares the hell out of me. He doesn't have a big enough butt or legs to be on the bookend.

it may not be ideal Squintz but look at what they gain: they are carrying 10 LB's (!)...that's a wet dream for the 3-4 (and special teams). lots of DB's too. cost/benefit ratio IMO is only moderate risk, but huge upside.

i love that Mangenie is granting our wishes and attempting to solidify the defense. it's what we need in the AFCN.

...Robiskie is the official camp disappointment. Doesn't mean he won't end up good, but he isn't good right now...

Not that I'm giving up on Robo, but I REEEEEALY wanted Rey-Rey instead of Robo. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

If and buts, fruits, nuts, etc., etc.

I understand how the depth chart works but it still screams to me that we lack any substantial depth at OT. Steinback at tackle scares the hell out of me. He doesn't have a big enough butt or legs to be on the bookend.

I agree..that is why I have been talking OT for a year now.....but it is what it is...Stein is the #1 back-up at LT. At least for now. Maybe in a few weeks Trautwein actually learns the plays and proves he is a worthy player.

Archived