THE BROWNS BOARD

Scene & Herd In San Francisco

Mr. T

Scene & Herd In San Francisco

As I’ve mentioned, my wife, Helene, and I are house-sitting in San Francisco, a wonderful, quirky city but also home pond to Nancy Pelosi and other odd ducks. Following are a few random sightings and quotes that provide a small whiff of the atmosphere here, such as the fact that there are so many Priuses here with Obama bumper stickers that I now suspect that all the cars Toyota shipped to San Francisco last year came with the Obama stickers built into the bumpers at the factory.

When we first saw the following poster in a window we thought it must have been home-made, but subsequent sightings, and this site, reveal that it is in fact mass-produced, presumably with an audience of purchasers. [uPDATE: This link has been corrected. It should have pointed, as it does now, to a site with many Obey Obama posters.]

obama-obey1.gif

I think this poster speaks for itself, and it says volumes about the mentality of many of the most fervent Obamaphiles.

Riding on a MUNI bus one day (Helene likes to ride the buses so she can tune up her Spanish) we picked up a copy of the San Francisco Bay Guardian someone had left behind, perhaps the only paper in the land that can make the San Francisco Chronicle seem almost sane. On page 13 of the Sept. 2 – 8, 2009, issue there is a large announcement of High Holiday Services at the Beyt Tikkun Synagogue-Without-Walls featuring Rabbi Michael Lerner and Pulitzer Prize-winning author Alice Walker. (This announcement is not available in the Guardian online, but almost the same thing is online here.) I was struck by the caption under Alice Walker’s picture in the Guardian, which stated that she would speak “about how Oppressed People can Become Oppressors.” I didn’t realize, I thought at first to myself, that Alice Walker had become a critic of racial quotas, etc., but then, after reading the announcement, realized she was talking about the Jews. Silly me.

And, moving on, there’s this treat, which may be especially useful for those of you who’ve wondered why it is that Nancy Pelosi so often seems to be stumbling around in the dark:

source

I dont think they are talking about the poster or the artist.

read underneath the poster!

“about how Oppressed People can Become Oppressors.”

but thats common mz the pussy style, pick one thing out and whine, before reading the whole post.

I know, I know.

But as an art collector, I'm very familiar with Fairey's work (I don't particularly dig it, but I've been to his shows nevertheless) and I felt I needed to interject here. But it is beyond worthless.

Let us know when you grow the nads to express your own opinions on this forum, even if those opinions bravely disagree with Obama.

Until then, stop your whining.

Let us know when you grow the nads to express your own opinions on this forum, even if those opinions bravely disagree with Obama.

Until then, stop your whining.

Whining? I was trying to tell you who Shepherd Fairey was and tried to show you waht he's all about. But nobody cared.

I've expressed my feelings SO FCUKING OFTEN here, without response, that I just felt it wasn't worth it.

But you keep on spouting crap, cal. It's what you're best at.

No, you don't say how you feel about issues.

You complain about what others' feelings on issues are.

Big difference.

Wait, do you want me to post a pic of the Grand Canyon?

Since you turds are so nterested in Fairey's work, here a link to his newest print. It's sure to be a cal favorite: http://obeygiant.com/prints/global-warning

This might not come as a surprise to you mz the pussy, but I can be cynical about the (painting) artist community - my sister in law is a 'professional and makes a decent living at it. If interested, send me a PM and I will send a link.

Any way, I have seen plenty of stuff like this. Not my cup of tea, regardless of the content/message.

Not awful. Not great. To me, it exists and believe the artist has more talent in his/her chosen field than I would be in that field.

I like pictures, LOL.

Archived