THE BROWNS BOARD

My Two Cents

Chicopee John

I know I shouldn't start a new thread but.....................

In and of itself, I have no problem with Obama speaking to students about the benefits (and necessity) of education, hard work, achievement, etc.

I would not be in favor if he were to suggest circiculum or ask for reports about how to help The President - helping the country, improving neighborhoods, etc. would be fine.

I am not surprised by my Father In Law - dyed in the wool Liberal and a College Professor all his life has no problem with the Obama circiculum idea even though he was spitting bullets over Bush's "No Child Left Behind", stating that the federal government has no business sticking its noses in education. (of course that is because it is HIS business and he has no problems with the federal government sticking noses into issues HE supports).

Any way, my thoughts as we approach "O-Day".

I have been kicking around why does Obama want to do this now?

With all of this debate over health care, and how his poll numbers went south fast! Then I read this on another blog and it does make some since.

09/09

You’ve Been Suckered

22:24 by Administrator. Filed under: Whatever

by John Galt

September 4, 2009

A caller to Neal Boortz’s radio show made about the most intelligent point that I have ever heard on the various Obamanation subjects of his speech to the school children next week and the Obamacare debate. I believe his name was “John” (no relation, my apologies if I’m wrong) and he called in the 11 o’clock hour of this mornings program if memory serves me correctly. He said that the conservatives and protesting parents regarding the Obama speech to the children was the perfect political plan and typical of the advisers to this administration. Think about it gang, you’ve been suckered.

You take your kids out of class next Tuesday. You send angry letters to local school officials or call principals and vent. You scream bloody murder or set up a boycott in front of the school. Then Obama presents his speech and it is released to his willing allies in the MPM (Mainstream Propaganda Managers, there is no more MSM) and guess what? The speech starts with Obama reciting the United States Pledge of Allegiance, proceeds to the importance of staying in school and getting good grades, and highlights some of the positive contributions that the public education system has promoted for society as a whole. In other words the much speculated indoctrination speech was shelved and the much ballyhooed over reaction is portrayed as sponsored by political operatives looking to sabotage America and this Presidency. Guess what gang? The ignorant sheeple will buy that also. If you don’t believe me, here’s a reminder of who is President one more time:

171-0110082846-obama-cowboy-hat.png

Bingo! The conservative movement is minimalized, the sheeple stop paying attention and the night after the education speech, we get the joint session of Congress presentation where the liberals have already been tipped to act within the desires of the White House and a much more “moderate” Obama appears before the nation. This allows some sort of plan to sail through because he turns the tide of public opinion on two fronts and while us suckers go “damn, he got us” the foundation for the real health care program he REALLY wants is buried in administrative department initiatives and creations throughout the “new” bill.

So please folks, be careful about your reactions. Don’t fall for this. Don’t act insane. Express your concerns but act reasonably. If you think a 50% absentee rate in your children’s schools will matter, it will not as they will spin it as “loons and right wing radicals” attacking the President in America’s time of need. Be careful as to what you wish for as this administration has all of the SLICK that Slick Willie’s administration enjoyed because of the people working in the background. These are dangerous times and if you attempt to divert the subject matter from what is really important they will play you like a sucker and leave any legitimate claims to be represented in public opinion in the future as fluffernuttery and conspiracy nonsense.

It's the behind the scenes stuff, like the teachers materials provided by the White House.

And Van Jones.

]

Etc, etc etc etc....

But his point IS valid.

I also think the school thing is a diversion from all his other failures,

and the divisiveness he and Pelosi and Co. have instigated with their extreme arrogance

and pseudo-idealogy.

I dont agree with obama using kids and holding them captive, it creates a cult of personality.

“The President is a political leader. He is not in office to be an educator. His duties are clearly laid out, and they do not include educating children. By the same token, the President is not the parent of all these children.

He is not their teacher. He is not their religious leader. The reason for these boundaries is so that political figures do not use their power and influence to dominate our social lives. It is a special danger to liberty and society when national powers are developed.

These are powers in which the national leadership directly controls or influences individual citizens, while bypassing or circumventing other local sources of governance and influence such as parents, families, churches, schools, and local governments. An Obama address to schoolchildren is an instance of the further development of national power and influence.”

More Here

I would rather wait till he finishes his speech before judging anything. If it was just a distraction ploy, then giving so much importance to it is playing right into their hands.

I just can't get this vision of Obama Czar wannabee's spending their Labor Day weekend - they probably celebrate May Day, any way - rewriting or whitewashing the intended message.

Archived