THE BROWNS BOARD

2023 Browns NFL Draft Prospects

Dutch Oven

Unfortunately some of us have already turned an eye towards the offseason, a longtime Browns fan tradition. 

Here's one guys top 10 DTackles for the 2023 Draft, for you to look at in the upcoming college games. 

1. Jalen Carter, Georgia 6'3, 310
2. Bryan Bresee, Clemson 6'5, 300
3. Gervon Dexter, Florida 6'6, 303
4. Siaki Ika, Baylor 6'4, 350
5. Tuli Tuipulato, USC 6'4, 290
6. Jaquelin Roy, LSU 6'4, 297
7. Calijah Kancey, Pittsburgh 6'0, 280
8. Kobie Turner, Wake Forest 6'3, 290
9. Mazi Smith, TTUN 6'3, 337
10. Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin 6'4, 317

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Here's the same guy's top 10 Edge players. Unlike the DTackle list, that he projects goes into the 3rd round, the Edge position is very top heavy. He has his 10th guy in the top 50 of all players, that's how high he is on the Edge position this upcoming draft.

1. Will Anderson Jr, Alabama 6'4, 243
2. Myles Murphy, Clemson 6'5, 275
3. Tyree Wilson, Texas Tech 6'6, 275
4. Isaiah Foskey, Notre Dame 6'5, 260
5. Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State 6'3, 255
6. B.J. Ojulari, LSU 6'3, 244
7. Nolan Smith, Georgia 6'3, 235
8. Jared Verse, Florida State 6'4, 248
9. Andre Carter II, Army 6'7, 265
10. Byron Young, Tennessee 6'3, 245

Oh what the hell, here's homeboy's top 5 Tight Ends and top 10 Wide Receivers, positions I think the Browns should add to (especially WR)

Tight Ends
1.  Michael Mayer, Notre Dame 6'5, 251
2. Dalton Kincaid, Utah 6'4, 242
3. Luke Musgrave, Oregon State 6'6, 252
4. Darnell Washington, Georgia 6'7, 265
5. Sam Laporta, Iowa 6'4, 249

Wide Receivers
1. Quentin Johnston, TCU 6'4, 201
2. Jordan Addison, USC 6'0, 201
3. Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State 6'0, 198
4. Kayshon Boutte, LSU 6'0, 190
5. Josh Downs, North Carolina 5'10, 180
6. Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee 6'0, 180
7. Parker Washington, Penn State 5'10, 215
8. Marvin Mims, Oklahoma 5'11, 184
9. Rashee Rice, SMU 6'3, 206
10. Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State 6'3, 205

I really like WR Parker Washington out of Penn State, the guy just makes plays and would pair nicely with Cooper.

I remember really liking Chris Godwin out of Happy Valley too, and he's had a pretty nice career in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

You could do a lot worse than WR Fleming in the 7th. Not a starter, but easily an upgrade over Schwartz/Woods

Woods and Bell both had a catch tonight....

I don't recall ever seeing Schwartz, though. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

I was asked to do Jay-Quellin Roy from LSU a while back, was it Gumby?  So I'm sure I'll climb on his 2022 stuff in the next couple weeks.

When I wrote his name out, I got a serious case of the giggles because all I could think of was a couple of Key and Peele skits...

"A-a-ron, you done messed up!" 

On a serious note: I'm intrigued with the #9 and #10 guys (Smith and Benton) on the above DTackle list from the Big Ten. Could you eventually take a look at those two large and in charge boys? 

Parker Washington is nice but we have enough small dudes on this team..... I would love to have a fast megatron type that can out muscle people...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nickers said:

Parker Washington is nice but we have enough small dudes on this team..... I would love to have a fast megatron type that can out muscle people...

David Bell 6'1, 212lbs
Amari Cooper 6'1, 210
Donovan Peoples-Jones 6'2, 204
Anthony Schwartz 6'0, 186
Michael Woods 6'1, 204

Who exactly is the "small dude" of the current WR unit? 

57 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

David Bell 6'1, 212lbs
Amari Cooper 6'1, 210
Michael Woods 6'1, 204

I want a couple guys who are in that 6'3'-6'5 range... 6'0 - 6'2 just seems small to me...

29 minutes ago, nickers said:

I want a couple guys who are in that 6'3'-6'5 range... 6'0 - 6'2 just seems small to me...

It would be nice to have one big target, but that Penn State kid is a play-making machine, and while shorter than preferred, built like a RB. 

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It would be nice to have one big target, but that Penn State kid is a play-making machine, and while shorter than preferred, built like a RB. 

I like Njigba a lot.. But we wont even sniff him... But for a little guy... I like how fluid he runs.. Almost similar to Olave..

On 11/1/2022 at 12:36 PM, Dutch Oven said:

David Bell 6'1, 212lbs
Amari Cooper 6'1, 210
Michael Woods 6'1, 204

All of 'em.  (DPJ being the tallest)  They all look like little guys running around out there to me....though not quite smurfs.  I was hoping that Isaiah Weston at 6'4 would turn out to be a player for us.  I'd like to have a nice tall rugged wide out.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, syd said:

ya i watched him last night (to bad they lost) 3rd round pick ?

He’s actually a true frosh so 2025.  He’s impressive and was lightly recruited.  It depends if he stays healthy I think he could could be drafted there.  Looks like has good vision and great speed. Haven’t seen his hands that much. 

The other I liked last year Mohamed Ibrahim (Minnesota) Had an Achilles injury last season he’s come back this year though

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That kid from Northwestern - Evan Hull - is an intriguing RB too. Kid can catch out of the backfield and is a load to bring down. Very strong lower half. 

They mentioned his wrestling background today…wrestlers (besides having a screw loose in a good way) they have elite balance 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

He’s actually a true frosh so 2025.  He’s impressive and was lightly recruited.  It depends if he stays healthy I think he could could be drafted there.  Looks like has good vision and great speed. Haven’t seen his hands that much. 

The other I liked last year Mohamed Ibrahim (Minnesota) Had an Achilles injury last season he’s come back this year though

They mentioned his wrestling background today…wrestlers (besides having a screw loose in a good way) they have elite balance 

Oh yes that 1-7 now 1-8 Northwestern team really put up a fight despite being totally overmatched by that loaded Ohio State football factory. 

The BUCKEYES might be the best team in the entire country......that NW team had me a bit nervous until the 4th quarter. 

• Upvote 1

Average wind speed during the OSU-NW game was 30mph across the field.  Interesting conclusion from that game is that Stroud can be a runner if needed.. I'm not worried about the score closeness because 8-man boxes won't be smart without similar wind.

Not sure I'd want to go with the MINN kid, he's now been injured both of the last 2 years.  Don't sleep on Ford, I think he'll be a good-to-great RB2 for Chubb next yr when neither FA RB is resigned.. He's also got less mileage than higher-round RB's because he wasn't used as much in college, had to transfer from Alabama.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes that 1-7 now 1-8 Northwestern team really put up a fight despite being totally overmatched by that loaded Ohio State football factory. 

The BUCKEYES might be the best team in the entire country......that NW team had me a bit nervous until the 4th quarter. 

the wind was awful I get it.  but…

this is a great finesse team with one of the best WRs I’ve seen in college football and another equally as good that will come back soon hopefully.  We could ride those two to a title.   I think Day is pushing the “tough” identity and I don’t think this is a “nasty” team.  I think that team exists up North unfortunately.

This is the first time in maybe two decades where I’m not confident in the Michigan game.  I think Michigan will take 4-5 yards all game on the ground and Playaction will work I don’t know if we will be sound in our assignments.  The kid they have now is the best arm talent they’ve had in decades.  Back to OSU game, I saw a 3rd and 7 play yesterday where we had four guys bite on Hull no containment by the DE and the Safety read Hull too- they had kid that probably runs a 4.9 scamper for 8 yards on 3rd and 7.  Hero Ball.

Now if we decide to stick to our bread and butter. Deep crossers with 60/40 pass run split they will have problems covering our guys.  Hopefully CJ Southern California Stroud can handle any elements. 

Day’s play calls major point of frustration this year too.  

9-0 with some warts 

On 11/1/2022 at 10:02 AM, tiamat63 said:

I was asked to do Jay-Quellin Roy from LSU a while back, was it Gumby?  So I'm sure I'll climb on his 2022 stuff in the next couple weeks.

Went back and Watch Roy vs Texas A&M, Florida and Bama,   came away really disappointed.

- He's put on weight, either just naturally getting larger or the coaching staff has asked him to

- Playing a lot more Nose/shade.  The weight has taken away most of his first step and the size with strength gains doesn't appear to be proportionate.

- Playing like a 1 gap plugger, at best.  Offers little to no pass rush, even as a 'motor/effort' rusher.   Gets moved out of the hole quite easily by IOL with sound technique.

- Didn't look any much better than what Neil Ferrall did around this same time last year.

He's going to drop down draft boards from whatever high marks from flashes people like myself saw last year.  Might be a good thing, you turn him into a bit of a project who can contribute.  But as of this morning, he's playing like a day 3 pick.      

This Corleone kid from Cincy on the other hand....   he's caught my eye.

edit: @gumby73   In case you wanted my initial thoughts.  

On 11/6/2022 at 11:57 AM, SdBacker80 said:

the wind was awful I get it.  but…

this is a great finesse team with one of the best WRs I’ve seen in college football and another equally as good that will come back soon hopefully.  We could ride those two to a title.   I think Day is pushing the “tough” identity and I don’t think this is a “nasty” team.  I think that team exists up North unfortunately.

This is the first time in maybe two decades where I’m not confident in the Michigan game.  I think Michigan will take 4-5 yards all game on the ground and Playaction will work I don’t know if we will be sound in our assignments.  The kid they have now is the best arm talent they’ve had in decades.  Back to OSU game, I saw a 3rd and 7 play yesterday where we had four guys bite on Hull no containment by the DE and the Safety read Hull too- they had kid that probably runs a 4.9 scamper for 8 yards on 3rd and 7.  Hero Ball.

Now if we decide to stick to our bread and butter. Deep crossers with 60/40 pass run split they will have problems covering our guys.  Hopefully CJ Southern California Stroud can handle any elements. 

Day’s play calls major point of frustration this year too.  

9-0 with some warts 

I hope I'm dead wrong, but I think TTUN stretches their win streak against Ohio State to two games.