THE BROWNS BOARD

And   🏈   The  WEEK 9  Sunday -or- BROWNS BYE week. ~AND on SNF~ TEN +12.5 at KC  🏈

mjp28

And   🏈   The  WEEK 9  Sunday NFL games on this  BROWNS BYE Sunday.  Your comments please.   🏈  

It's a nice day outside.    :D    

~ ALSO~     on  Sunday Night Football     TEN+12.5  at  KC.   The Over/Under is  45.            Anyone watching  ?      :huh:

• mjp28 changed the title to And   🏈   The  WEEK 9  Sunday NFL games on this  BROWNS BYE Sunday.  Your comments please.   🏈

There are a lot of strange scoring today by a lot of different players. 

Meanwhile  we're having one of my favorites Grilled Steelhead Trout ..... I like it better than salmon lately.  Mmm-mmm eating soon.

Back to football. 

CINCINNATI  35-0  final....no wait halftime ?   :lol:

Mixon 4 TDs and on my one FL, thank goodness. 

Mixon a 5 TD day to a big win.  A lot of last second games on the NFL RedZone.   Really nice on NO BROWNS' days.

Bengals fans have to be scratching their heads. 

Bengals were on a roll, go to Cleveland and get spanked, immediately annihilate the Panthers after. 

The Browns recent success against them has to be baffling to our southern Ohioans. 

• mjp28 changed the title to And   🏈   The  WEEK 9  Sunday NFL games on BROWNS BYE Sunday. ~AND on SNF~ TEN +12.5 at KC  🏈
1 hour ago, Orion said:

Mixon 22 carries 153 yards today.   Stupidly, they only gave him 8 carries against us.

It made zero sense to me.

There was the "Well, that just isn't who they are" responses to my questions of why the Bengals didn't attack the Browns via the run, but a week later, lo and behold, voila! 

Note: The Chargers were a horrible run team when they walked on to the First Energy field too. I believe they ran for just under a million yards vs the Browns that day. 

• Thanks 1

The Browns need to, IMO, win at least 2 of these next 3 games to get to 5-6 when Watson takes over to have any chance of making the playoffs. 

The Dolphins and Bills are not going to be easy. The Bucs game could go either way. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And   🏈   The  WEEK 9  Sunday NFL games on this  BROWNS BYE Sunday.  Your comments please.   🏈  

It's a nice day outside.    :D    

~ ALSO~     on  Sunday Night Football     TEN+12.5  at  KC.   The Over/Under is  45.            Anyone watching  ?      :huh:

Why not,  I've stunk it up in our weekly PRO Pickem I'm going  :

KC -12.5  and barely over 45 tonight.   I'm watching 60 Minutes nowI might watch a movie or maybe play chess later.  Eh.

• mjp28 changed the title to And   🏈   The  WEEK 9  Sunday -or- BROWNS BYE week. ~AND on SNF~ TEN +12.5 at KC  🏈
53 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Browns need to, IMO, win at least 2 of these next 3 games to get to 5-6 when Watson takes over to have any chance of making the playoffs. 

The Dolphins and Bills are not going to be easy. The Bucs game could go either way. 

I fear we'll go 0-3.  We'll fall flat on our face after the bye, then the two QB's will carve us up like Thanksgiving leftovers.  But hopefully we're much better than I think we are.

In our little TBB SNF Pickem contest it was . TEN 10   KC 9 and NO Picks 4.   Final score  KC 20-17  in OT.

Evidently not much of a game tonight.  And TEN + Under 45 was the winning combination.  A real dog + under won it.  

And ballpeen will win the WEEK 9 weekly performance regardless of the MNF score 9-2-1.   And Zombo, G-man have 7-4-1 so far to finish it out right now. 

So there you go  .......

10 hours ago, Orion said:

I fear we'll go 0-3.  We'll fall flat on our face after the bye, then the two QB's will carve us up like Thanksgiving leftovers.  But hopefully we're much better than I think we are.

Remember when we beat the hell out of the defending Super Bowl champion NY GIants on MNF back in 2008, only to collapse the rest of the way?

That keeps popping into my head when I think about what the Browns did last Monday night. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Remember when we beat the hell out of the defending Super Bowl champion NY GIants on MNF

The current super bowl defenders have the same record as we do.

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The only thing I'm hopeful about is that the defense just played with more intensity and it showed. Couple with the fact that JOK, Ward, Winovich, and Njoku (maybe) come back and the talent around the ball gets significantly better.

I'll be at the Dolphins game Sunday-looks like a tropical system is coming through Thursday-Friday and it should be a glorious afternoon of South Florida weather.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It made zero sense to me.

There was the "Well, that just isn't who they are" responses to my questions of why the Bengals didn't attack the Browns via the run, but a week later, lo and behold, voila! 

Note: The Chargers were a horrible run team when they walked on to the First Energy field too. I believe they ran for just under a million yards vs the Browns that day. 

The Bengals have played a role allowing Myles Garrett to take over games against them either putting someone on an island or falling behind against us early and to his credit he’s abused anyone over him as well.  That’s where they can start with the Question “why can’t we beat the Browns?”  They were down by 3 plus scores for half the game.  Getting 5/6 yards with Mixon on the ground while great on most occasions it wasn’t a viable solution at the time not when it takes 4/5 minutes to score and Nick Chubb counters you with 5/6 yard runs of own and burns clock.

The Bengals gave Mixon quasi running plays.  He had what 7/8 catches on the perimeter (just like a carry) If they commit to blocking Garrett I think that’s a pretty sound strategy against us.  Had we tackled well in space prior to that game? Wasnt JOK out? 

The Chargers rolled into First Energy with one of their top targets out and a QB playing with bad ribs and they weren’t down by 25 in 3rd quarter. 

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

The Chargers rolled into First Energy with one of their top targets out and a QB playing with bad ribs and they weren’t down by 25 in 3rd quarter. 

The Chargers, I believe, were down 14-0 at one point. 

And the absolute weak spot of the Browns defense is its interior DLine. Swing passed on the perimeter to Mixon accomplishes nothing against that. 

The Bengals had zero interest in attacking the interior of the Browns DLine from the first snap. It was 8-0 until the very end of the first half. 

And for comments about the Monday Night Football game and other AFCN chatter I set up its own thread.   GO NEW ORLEANS.