Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

As Promised, Suh went to a team headed for the Post Season


Flugel
 Share

Recommended Posts

Since temporarily losing rookie DT Jordan Davis to injury, the Eagles Defense was beginning to soften.  There's no telling when/if Davis will be back; so they signed Suh to help 11 year veteran Fletcher Cox strengthen up the middle.

There's 2 more games before the franchise QB takes the field.  I hope they look a lot more interested in playing than they did last week.  As soon as adversity hit (Chubb's fumble) it was the perfect excuse for this collection of players to quit and they did.  Myles Garrett is supposed to be a Team Leader; and sometimes when the chips are down he'll call out the fans for booing or make a comment looking like it's directed at the coach/coaches.  Meanwhile, Pittsburgh gets TJ Watt back playing through an injury - and he gets 2 sacks and helps his team win.  I'm not bringing that up to compare who I think is better.  I brought it up to show how a guy of their magnitude can elevate the play and focus of those around them.  It gets contagious like in our game vrs Cincy.  However, I'm not sensing Garrett always brings his A game when he's frustrated.  As a team leader, fair or not, he needs to go talk with the DC if that's who is/keeps frustrating him.  There's a way this can be done especially if he brings some ideas of doable fixes/improvements.  When I see a well paid NFL vet like Clowney lining up offsides once again last week - it's an example of the focus and care isn't there.

Before our 2023 Preseason starts on December 4th, the last time Watson played for a franchise just like this - they only won 4 games despite Watson ranking 1 or 2 in nearly every passing category.  He played with a bunch of guys that became well trained to quit as soon as adversity gave them a steel toe shit kicker right between the lookers.  When team leaders like Myles Garett are starting to accept this rather than address it (whatever way they need to) - I don't know if the winning percentage can change for Watson if he's playing for a very similar group he had with 4-12 football a couple years ago.  Hope I'm wrong; but I have an outrageous tendency to be right more when I don't want to be right about something.  

Here's the luck of the Browns.  They're going to Detroit to play Buffalo instead of Detroit. Even worse, it's gonna be indoors and dry for one of the most explosive offenses against a team that MIGHT feel like playing...

 

Edited by Flugel
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I blew about $2.5K down in South Beach overall to watch the Misery in Miami debacle. Had a dream the night before in our over-priced hotel that Chubb would fumble and the Browns would then cave, no bullshit. Chubb fumbles about twice a year is my guess, but we don't recover fumbles on offense or defense and whenever he does fumble, the Browns completely shit themselves. 

This team (especially the defense) is the softest group of pussies I have seen in a long time with this level of talent. Now there are rumors spreading that they are doing a lot of partying and also partied last Saturday night, although I don't necessarily buy all that. Sure, Woods is a colossal failure at this point, but I would love to clean house at the safety position once this season is done. Can't stand any of the fucks, especially the yapper and non-leader Jonathan Johnson the Thiiirrd. 

'Lil Winfield currently is the 5th highest graded safety in football (playing FS mostly which we don't have a true one). John the Thiiirrd ranks 64th and Delpit 58th. Do the math, 32 teams times 2 starting safeties = .....dead fucking last in league circles for league minimum snaps. The Thiiirrd is even worse than last. Delpit actually had his best game last Sunday, if you want a good chuckle, and flew up the charts. Yes, Grant Delpit actually and supposedly played well with his exuberant enthusiasm, smart, instinctive play and never say die attitude. Then there's Ronnie Dumb Dumb Harrison. Real savvy player there, and he also sucks on specials lol. 

Thank Gawd we got Denzel Iron Man Ward back. What a difference!!!

Analytics has gotten us the worst run defense in well, possibly ever. Guess what Browns C Suiters, you actually do need decent DTs as well as linebackers that aren't glorified, sucky strong safeties. 

There were Browns fans everywhere last Sunday (the whole weekend) managing to be excited for the game given the stomping of Tucky. Did it look like that defense gave a flying fuck? The offense and Brissett basically have to play perfect football and hold the football for long drives to keep the ball away from the other team. 

Ain't much going to change when Watson gets in there. For one, the season will be over due to the lack of urgency surrounding this season coming in and the players will have officially quit. They basically blew some outstanding football by Brissett to this point and about 3-4 games, I've lost count, but they continue to maintain the Browns can make a run if they get one or both of the next two LMMFAO!

I'm almost to the point where I just want to play spoiler for our division foes and beat Pittspuke's ass to go 2-0 since before Richard Simmons turned into a badass smacking around guys in airports. 

Watch what happens in Detroit on Sunday. They may actually come out and stay within striking distance or lead in the first half, but they will fall faster than Whoopi Goldberg's titties in the second half.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Riffer X said:

I blew about $2.5K down in South Beach overall to watch the Misery in Miami debacle. Had a dream the night before in our over-priced hotel that Chubb would fumble and the Browns would then cave, no bullshit. Chubb fumbles about twice a year is my guess, but we don't recover fumbles on offense or defense and whenever he does fumble, the Browns completely shit themselves. 

This team (especially the defense) is the softest group of pussies I have seen in a long time with this level of talent. Now there are rumors spreading that they are doing a lot of partying and also partied last Saturday night, although I don't necessarily buy all that. Sure, Woods is a colossal failure at this point, but I would love to clean house at the safety position once this season is done. Can't stand any of the fucks, especially the yapper and non-leader Jonathan Johnson the Thiiirrd. 

'Lil Winfield currently is the 5th highest graded safety in football (playing FS mostly which we don't have a true one). John the Thiiirrd ranks 64th and Delpit 58th. Do the math, 32 teams times 2 starting safeties = .....dead fucking last in league circles for league minimum snaps. The Thiiirrd is even worse than last. Delpit actually had his best game last Sunday, if you want a good chuckle, and flew up the charts. Yes, Grant Delpit actually and supposedly played well with his exuberant enthusiasm, smart, instinctive play and never say die attitude. Then there's Ronnie Dumb Dumb Harrison. Real savvy player there, and he also sucks on specials lol. 

Thank Gawd we got Denzel Iron Man Ward back. What a difference!!!

Analytics has gotten us the worst run defense in well, possibly ever. Guess what Browns C Suiters, you actually do need decent DTs as well as linebackers that aren't glorified, sucky strong safeties. 

There were Browns fans everywhere last Sunday (the whole weekend) managing to be excited for the game given the stomping of Tucky. Did it look like that defense gave a flying fuck? The offense and Brissett basically have to play perfect football and hold the football for long drives to keep the ball away from the other team. 

Ain't much going to change when Watson gets in there. For one, the season will be over due to the lack of urgency surrounding this season coming in and the players will have officially quit. They basically blew some outstanding football by Brissett to this point and about 3-4 games, I've lost count, but they continue to maintain the Browns can make a run if they get one or both of the next two LMMFAO!

I'm almost to the point where I just want to play spoiler for our division foes and beat Pittspuke's ass to go 2-0 since before Richard Simmons turned into a badass smacking around guys in airports. 

Watch what happens in Detroit on Sunday. They may actually come out and stay within striking distance or lead in the first half, but they will fall faster than Whoopi Goldberg's titties in the second half.

WOW!   Thanks for sharing the disappointing experience you received back from this CAREFREE football organization. The cluelessness of Haslam has him thinking like a helpless domestic violence victim when it comes to Office Depot-desta.  He hasn't learned the game or the business enough to do anything but listen to the WRONG people going all the way back to Andy Reid's Office Assistant that treated us to Bark Mingo in round 1 (another LSU gem for this program). Because of this Haslam continues to be overpaying guys that pretend they want to be here (knowing they can checkout at anytime they don't feel like playing "right Mr Cowney?")  When that knucklehead does put the uniform to give us a 50% effort - he lines up offsides per snap more than any other Defensive Lineman we've ever had.  That doesn't even need to be fact checked.  I don't care how many sacks he had last year - that was the 10% of his reps he gave a sufficient effort.

As for John John's-son III - the thiiird needs to be the first to go.  The business decisions to put "I before team" repeatedly (ie; the refusal to attempt to tackle a Baltimore RB at the 4 yard line that someone shared footage of a few weeks ago from a local sports show). Another John's-son (Jimmy) used to cut people like that in Dallas before he won 2 Super Bowls. The FACT that the thiiird is STILL HERE and STILL PLAYING tells me a lot about the dysfunction in our FO.  If I was the DC sentenced to that - I'b be every bit as awful as the FLOCK YOU Woods keeps giving back to the FO.  It's the gift that keeps on giving.

And this "we don't believe in paying DTs" after they signed Sheldon Richardson, who helped this team go 11-5 and win a playoff game as recently as January of 2021 has given them exactly what they deserve. Just the playoff win in Pittsburgh alone they forced 5 turnovers (4 were INTS) by pressuring a QB that will be in the HOF. The Browns are what their record says they are this year. I rarely ever see this defense (under the SAME DC) forcing multiple turnovers in 1 game. The Browns have the most dysfunctional front 7 (or 6 or whatever desperate measures our DC is resorting to in order to play gridiron chess).  We have 2 Safeties that aren't good at tackling (while making the business decisions not to get hurt while compromising fundamentals). The Browns also have a very, very, very fragile $100,000,000 corner.  I mean what could possibly go wrong?  I'm at the point where I'm joining the band wagon that Joe Woods has to go.  That said, whoever replaces him will inherit the same overrated crap without heart we're witnessing this season.  Even worse, extremely well paid guys like Garrett and Hospital Ward that are supposed to be team leaders have been lashing out/sharing comments you'd expect from a spoiled brat. Again, there's a better way to do that by going to the DC in private as Team Leaders and sharing frustration with ideas for solutions.  No better way to make a defense OUR'S instead of YOUR'S to the DC, which should ultimately recruit buy-in from the defensive teammates.  That would be a win-win for all parties involved (especially the DC).  I wouldn't doubt if even Bill Callahan is starting to doubt himself a little bit after watching Wills with an emptier chest than the Tin Man.  Hudson eventually replaced him after most of the damage was done; and he didn't look anywhere near as promising as he does at Right Tackle.  Just being honest without access to film that lets me see more than just a replay of him getting beat.  

I've asked myself, "WHO is my favorite player on this defense?"   I've never had worse choices in all the years I've followed this team. Never!  You know who it is? It's a guy with flaws who isn't even a starter when everyone is healthy.  That said, he's the same guy who picked off Roethlisberger to seal the playoff W in Pittsburgh. Believe it or not, it's Takitaki.  Again he's flawed; but if we had 10 other guys on the field with the same inner chest (many who are very well paid) - we wouldn't have ranked 26th in points allowed right before the bye week.  

There's 8 games left with a bunch of guys dreaming about playing somewhere else.  Some will say the HC or the DC has lost this team; and it's tough to argue against that. However, the biggest problem is the OWNER has lost this team by sticking with Office Depot-desta as 1 of our Legally Blind FO guys.  The game STILL requires research on FILM for the personnel you add and the weekly opponents you play.  Until this control freak goes back to MLB where his approach and philosophy works well in a business without salary caps, I can't root for what I refuse to condone.  All that's left is 2023 Preseason Football starting 2 games before I wanted it to in Detroit against Buffalo.  That ain't something to cheer about with 8 games left with a bunch of players that aren't connected to this fanbase at all.  I'm gonna golden rule/golden shower that treatment right back at that large cluster of players. I feel horrible for Nick Chubb and Joel Bitonio.  They deserve way better for their efforts.  Then again, the ONLY year this team had a winning record for Joe Thomas was his rookie year when this team went 10-6 without a playoff bid.

Edited by Flugel
typos
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is making me long for the Guardians to play again.... 😁

It baffles me that a team that had playoff aspirations could trot out a team with the absolute garbage they have at DTackle. Some of us (definitely not tia, though 😏) were worried about this since training camp started. 

Adding talented beef in the middle, along with finally getting a legit young pass rusher to pair with Myles has to be priority #1 this offseason. 

Speaking of beef, my cousin from Chicagoland got me two Lou Malnati's deep dish pizzas for my birthday last weekend. But wait - it gets better. They are their new "Italian Beef Deep Dish Pizza!". That's right, Lou Malnati's has combined forces with Portillo's (famous Chicago hot dog/sandwich shop) !

I'll post pics later. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This thread is making me long for the Guardians to play again.... 😁

It baffles me that a team that had playoff aspirations could trot out a team with the absolute garbage they have at DTackle. Some of us (definitely not tia, though 😏) were worried about this since training camp started. 

Adding talented beef in the middle, along with finally getting a legit young pass rusher to pair with Myles has to be priority #1 this offseason. 

Speaking of beef, my cousin from Chicagoland got me two Lou Malnati's deep dish pizzas for my birthday last weekend. But wait - it gets better. They are their new "Italian Beef Deep Dish Pizza!". That's right, Lou Malnati's has combined forces with Portillo's (famous Chicago hot dog/sandwich shop) !

I'll post pics later. 

Happy Belated Birthday Dutch!  Glad to hear your cousin made it a good one.  The last time you posted pictures - I was ordering pizza as soon as I could.

Adding qualified DTs also keeps bodies off our LBers.  I had high expectations for JOK and the JOKE was on me.  The other one (Walker) didn't even survive the 1st month.  Should we call OSHA for the health and safety concerns of our LBers at the work place?   

For some reason, the ONLY time this team looks like a playoff team is when they've faced Joe Burrow the last 2 seasons. That's due to end asap too - especially with the attitude of this team.  My favorite football quote from a movie in response to the Defensive Captain's comment on 1 of his teammate's attitude went something like this:  "Yeah? Attitude reflect leadership Superman!" 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Happy Belated Birthday Dutch!  Glad to hear your cousin made it a good one.  The last time you posted pictures - I was ordering pizza as soon as I could.

Adding qualified DTs also keeps bodies off our LBers.  I had high expectations for JOK and the JOKE was on me.  The other one (Walker) didn't even survive the 1st month.  Should we call OSHA for the health and safety concerns of our LBers at the work place?   

For some reason, the ONLY time this team looks like a playoff team is when they've faced Joe Burrow the last 2 seasons. That's due to end asap too - especially with the attitude of this team.  My favorite football quote from a movie in response to the Defensive Captain's comment on 1 of his teammate's attitude went something like this:  "Yeah? Attitude reflect leadership Superman!" 

 

That's the other thing that made zero sense Flugs...

The Browns collect small, fast LBs but then completely forget to get a DLine in front of them that keeps them clean. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's the other thing that made zero sense Flugs...

The Browns collect small, fast LBs but then completely forget to get a DLine in front of them that keeps them clean. 

Well They’ve been clean at times and then they don’t not make proper run fills.  So I’m with you all on DT play being awful.  But throwing the kitchen sink at it but running it all back in other spots by adding a 2023 2nd and 3rd round DT and a key free agent seemingly fixes that spot but then you need to seriously evaluate the 2nd and 3rd levels up the middle of this defense.  The problem this year it is like pulling teeth getting IDL, MIKE and Safeties doing their jobs  together. 

We haven’t had somewhat competent Mike play since Walker went down during the Steeler game- week 3 but  I think we need to do better than Walker.

And Johnson either doesn’t fit here and/or got paid and is playing like he’s on easy street.  Delpit couldn’t tackle in college, but he possessed athleticism and played downhill and could seemingly matchup in college against some great SEC WR talent.  LSU brought him off the edge too and he made some big plays TFLs.  The guy is confused - plays slow and has flashed maybe 2/3 times in 2 years.   Maybe a new coordinator and staff fixes this group? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

  Maybe a new coordinator and staff fixes this group? 

 

 

This is what I'm hoping for... Or at least puts them in better position and take better angles... But we still need speed on the perimeter...  Our LBer's are slow... Our secondary can't tackle to save its soul... And they can't stay healthy for any length of time... I want to see a more traditional type of defense that plays physical...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

Happy Belated Birthday Dutch!  Glad to hear your cousin made it a good one.  The last time you posted pictures - I was ordering pizza as soon as I could.

 

Lou Malnati's Deep Dish Italian Beef Pizza!

lou malnatis pizza.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Lou Malnati's Deep Dish Italian Beef Pizza!

lou malnatis pizza.jpeg

 

MF, I've been over here, cutting weight for 5 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving... and you're going to post some deliciousness like this all up in my eyes?   Get bent.

Also, Happy Birthday.     Mostly the 'get bent' part though.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Lou Malnati's Deep Dish Italian Beef Pizza!

lou malnatis pizza.jpeg

Those Jalapenos and the well-done style - I'd be ordering this all the freakin time.  You're making me miss the food in Western, NY which is a lot like this.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Well They’ve been clean at times and then they don’t not make proper run fills.  So I’m with you all on DT play being awful.  But throwing the kitchen sink at it but running it all back in other spots by adding a 2023 2nd and 3rd round DT and a key free agent seemingly fixes that spot but then you need to seriously evaluate the 2nd and 3rd levels up the middle of this defense.  The problem this year it is like pulling teeth getting IDL, MIKE and Safeties doing their jobs  together. 

We haven’t had somewhat competent Mike play since Walker went down during the Steeler game- week 3 but  I think we need to do better than Walker.

And Johnson either doesn’t fit here and/or got paid and is playing like he’s on easy street.  Delpit couldn’t tackle in college, but he possessed athleticism and played downhill and could seemingly matchup in college against some great SEC WR talent.  LSU brought him off the edge too and he made some big plays TFLs.  The guy is confused - plays slow and has flashed maybe 2/3 times in 2 years.   Maybe a new coordinator and staff fixes this group? 

I think if we take care of the DT position and try a new DC - it could really help the LBers and back tier.  As for Delpit, there's nothing wrong with his effort.  He's just not the brightest apple in the orchard, which rears its head at the worst of times.  He is a good blitzer but he's a fundamental disaster at tackling people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

   Maybe a new coordinator and staff fixes this group? 

 

19 hours ago, nickers said:

 I want to see a more traditional type of defense that plays physical...

 Browns twatter Gm's like Brian Flores.. Flores has a easier job title to promote from... Pittsburgh Steelers' senior defensive assistant and linebackers coach under head coach Mike Tomlin.

 

I'm more thinking, the NFL has missed the boat on not picking over this underrated staff... https://www.tennesseetitans.com/team/coaches-roster/

Titans DC Shane Bowen was raised up in Pickerington,Ohio... went to HS at Pickerington Central

 

Honestly.. The Titans are a easy underdog team that has promise to knock off any of the AFC top teams.. stay tuned

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2022 at 7:38 PM, Flugel said:

 He is a good blitzer but he's a fundamental disaster at tackling people.

Agree.

Doesn't it seem that the art of tackling in general across the whole NFL is horrible? I don't know if it's the rule changes regarding the knees, but so many plays these guys go "high tackle" & the ball carriers just bounce off for more yards. Not too many shoestring or ankle tackles anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess the silver lining I have is that - unlike Browns teams of the past - this trainwreck of a team actually has a good amount of talent on the roster. 

I'm not so optimistic that the people in charge can improve the coaching staff and weak spots on the roster so we can actually see this team reach its potential 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...