THE BROWNS BOARD

GO BLUE (again)

MLD Woody

Boo.

Truth is Ryan Day was born on 3rd (should have been there) but couldn’t make it so he stayed on first.

OSU is compromised with coaching and the roster composition but still hold a talent edge. 

The lack of adjustments are perplexing to me.  The first half Michigan gave away the 10-15 yard center of the field sending their backers on run blitzes or after CJ the plan was unsuccessful but OSU didn’t exploit it.  We go bubble screen and attempt to setup the run with a 4th string RB.  OSU fans saw this before (PSU game) once we finally adjusted we had 2-3 scores in a half quarter.   One series in particular we ran three times with said 4th string running back while ignoring a future All pro WR on the outside.  All year we saw a coach trying to be tough when he had an offense that wasn’t - this is a 40-45 pass offense with a defense that can hopefully keep good offenses under 30.  The run game is window dressing

The big issue… the Majority of OSU recruits are kids that have one foot in the NFL before the even step foot on campus.  This is maybe the case with a handful of UM recruits.  Not sour grapes look at the ratings.  One group is a team with goals in CFB one is not.  One was hungry and one got hit in the mouth and quit AT home no less.  And Ohio State does not belong in the playoff. 

Credit to Michigan…they broke tendencies with their star out.  They actually made adjustments prior to this game and during the game. The QB while he didn’t make many tough throws certainly didn’t blow the game and played well. 

10 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Boo.

Truth is Ryan Day was born on 3rd (should have been there) but couldn’t make it so he stayed on first.

OSU is compromised with coaching and the roster composition but still hold a talent edge. 

The lack of adjustments are perplexing to me.  The first half Michigan gave away the 10-15 yard center of the field sending their backers on run blitzes or after CJ the plan was unsuccessful but OSU didn’t exploit it.  We go bubble screen and attempt to setup the run with a 4th string RB.  OSU fans saw this before (PSU game) once we finally adjusted we had 2-3 scores in a half quarter.   One series in particular we ran three times with said 4th string running back while ignoring a future All pro WR on the outside.  All year we saw a coach trying to be tough when he had an offense that wasn’t - this is a 40-45 pass offense with a defense that can hopefully keep good offenses under 30.  The run game is window dressing

The big issue… the Majority of OSU recruits are kids that have one foot in the NFL before the even step foot on campus.  This is maybe the case with a handful of UM recruits.  Not sour grapes look at the ratings.  One group is a team with goals in CFB one is not.  One was hungry and one got hit in the mouth and quit AT home no less.  And Ohio State does not belong in the playoff. 

Credit to Michigan…they broke tendencies with their star out.  They actually made adjustments prior to this game and during the game. The QB while he didn’t make many tough throws certainly didn’t blow the game and played well. 

You nailed it!

I watch Ohio State trying to get away from the Charmin Soft Defense of the Cleveland Browns.  Yesterday, they couldn't have imitated the play dead after the first sign of adversity any better.  Thank God they won the coin toss so they could sneak in some good football in the 1st half.  The 1st half reminded us the caliber of competition in the Big 10 really had us looking at 2 teams that weren't battle tested (and very thankful OSU played ND in week 1).

We follow the Browns and the Buckeyes; and IMO they both have the same issues (a defense that is far more pretender than contender).  

The worst part of yesterday?  I have to wait about 3 or 4 weeks before I can call Jim Harbaugh's team Missedagain.  

12 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

So you're at a disadvantage because your players are too good...

And Michigan barely has any players interested in the NFL...

Haha, alright. Whatever makes you feel better. Day was handed the keys to a Ferrari and he's crashed it. If your coach can't motivate his players in the biggest game of the year, at home, playing for revenge... well that's just sad.

51 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Hahaha... Did you know Ryan Day is 1-2 against Michigan?

Keep going man. You can't win. This is fun. 

pepe.jpg

Ryan Day is 1-2 and there’s discussions about firing his ass.

Hairball is 2-5 and Meatchicken will probably give him a raise.

Enjoy your victory, since they are few and far between.

In the last 21 years, covering 4 coaches for tOSU all having a game at the Big House, none of the players for any of those Buckeye coaches had the nerve to plant an OSU flag at midfield after a win.   Granted, Fickell  never won there, so it isn't like they had the opportunity under him.   But between Day, Tress and Meyer, whom Woody has had... tepid... things to say about (at best) not a single player has lacked the presence of mind to be that insulting to their opponent. 

Closest thing I can think of is Santonio Holmes planting his helmet midfield at The Shoe' after upsetting UM in 04'.   Which isn't even in the same galaxy.

And it would appear there was at least one member of the UM coaching staff present who didn't think to say "Guys... nah".  

That, as long as I've been alive, has been the biggest difference between these two programs the last 30 years.   How we conduct ourselves after our loses, but most importantly, after our victories.      The UM arrogance from the 90's that emanated from their coaches and players is already in full force after just two seasons and holy fuck, is it absolutely insufferable.  

edit:  They came in better prepared, executed better and it's that simple.    Shake their hand, dust yourself off, use the material for next year and kick their ass.  Doesn't have to be any more difficult than that.

12 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

In the last 21 years, covering 4 coaches for tOSU all having a game at the Big House, none of the players for any of those Buckeye coaches had the nerve to plant an OSU flag at midfield after a win.   Granted, Fickell  never won there, so it isn't like they had the opportunity under him.   But between Day, Tress and Meyer, whom Woody has had... tepid... things to say about (at best) not a single player has lacked the presence of mind to be that insulting to their opponent. 

Closest thing I can think of is Santonio Holmes planting his helmet midfield at The Shoe' after upsetting UM in 04'.   Which isn't even in the same galaxy.

And it would appear there was at least one member of the UM coaching staff present who didn't think to say "Guys... nah".  

That, as long as I've been alive, has been the biggest difference between these two programs the last 30 years.   How we conduct ourselves after our loses, but most importantly, after our victories.      The UM arrogance from the 90's that emanated from their coaches and players is already in full force after just two seasons and holy fuck, is it absolutely insufferable.  

edit:  They came in better prepared, executed better and it's that simple.    Shake their hand, dust yourself off, use the material for next year and kick their ass.  Doesn't have to be any more difficult than that.

Sure. And Day never said he wanted to hang 100 on Michigan. And Herbie (and others) never said Michigan was purposely ducking OSU during the covid year. 

Come on man. Your post is a stretch. 

Take it as motivation and come back next year. Hopefully OSU doesn't blame the weather or sniffles or something again. 

I've lived through a huge part of my life seeing Michigan lose to OSU. The idea that OSU only showed respect that whole time is a joke

So I'll continue to enjoy the 11 Warriors losing their minds, fans calling to fire an 11-1 coach, etc. I've dealt with the other side of this for too long. 

Edit: Shit you guys ran out and ripped down our banner decades ago. You have a song about not giving a damn about the whole state of Michigan.... 

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure. And Day never said he wanted to hang 100 on Michigan. And Herbie (and others) never said Michigan was purposely ducking OSU during the covid year. 

Come on man. Your post is a stretch. 

Take it as motivation and come back next year. Hopefully OSU doesn't blame the weather or sniffles or something again. 

I've lived through a huge part of my life seeing Michigan lose to OSU. The idea that OSU only showed respect that whole time is a joke

So I'll continue to enjoy the 11 Warriors losing their minds, fans calling to fire an 11-1 coach, etc. I've dealt with the other side of this for too long. 

Harbutt DID purposely dodge OSU IN 2020. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So you're at a disadvantage because your players are too good...

And Michigan barely has any players interested in the NFL...

Haha, alright. Whatever makes you feel better. Day was handed the keys to a Ferrari and he's crashed it. If your coach can't motivate his players in the biggest game of the year, at home, playing for revenge... well that's just sad.

I’m not going to go back and forth.  UM is the better team this season.  I believe Ohio State has more talent.  Shame on our coaches.   UM played to win OSU punted twice with the game on the line inside Michigan territory.

But This post reeks of someone that hasn’t played a competitive team sport.   If you have too many guys looking out for “me” and thinking of the NIL deal they have or want to have and are making a temporary 3 year stop in CFB by large those are the guys we recruit now- the recruiting  ratings get better every year.  IMO We don’t have enough guys that do the dirty work, guys that were 2nd and 3rd fiddle on their HS teams and guys that didn’t have their egos constantly stroked by OSU, Bama, Georgia during the recruiting process.   Days tough job is to reign in all the egos and with NIL money floating in CFB is becoming more and more like the NFL and managing personalities becoming the norm.

I follow recruiting and 90s and into the 00s UM and OSU were recruiting the same players most of the time.  Over the past 10-12 years that hasn’t been the case as much.  I applaud Harbaugh for maybe taking a more systematic approach finding team guys or 3 stars that have something to prove and maybe goals at CFB level and not a team full of guys thinking about the next level before they step foot on campus. 

Good Luck Against Purdue and probably Georgia again. 

24 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m not going to go back and forth.  UM is the better team this season.  I believe Ohio State has more talent.  Shame on our coaches.   UM played to win OSU punted twice with the game on the line inside Michigan territory.

But This post reeks of someone that hasn’t played a competitive team sport.   If you have too many guys looking out for “me” and thinking of the NIL deal they have or want to have and are making a temporary 3 year stop in CFB by large those are the guys we recruit now- the recruiting  ratings get better every year.  IMO We don’t have enough guys that do the dirty work, guys that were 2nd and 3rd fiddle on their HS teams and guys that didn’t have their egos constantly stroked by OSU, Bama, Georgia during the recruiting process.   Days tough job is to reign in all the egos and with NIL money floating in CFB is becoming more and more like the NFL and managing personalities becoming the norm.

I follow recruiting and 90s and into the 00s UM and OSU were recruiting the same players most of the time.  Over the past 10-12 years that hasn’t been the case as much.  I applaud Harbaugh for maybe taking a more systematic approach finding team guys or 3 stars that have something to prove and maybe goals at CFB level and not a team full of guys thinking about the next level before they step foot on campus. 

This is why OSU needs a different head coach. IMO.
They need a leader that can get the best out of the best players. A NFL head coach is what’s needed now-a-days at OSU. They are basically a group of future NFL players playing on Saturdays

That is why Saban has had such success. He gets the best players, but they play for him. 

41 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

And your posts reeks of ignorance towards Michigan's roster and ridiculous defending of OSU

JJ McCarthy, who just beat OSU, is a five star QB with NIL deals. He puts a lot of that into charity, just like Corum. JJ seemed ready to play, and he clearly has had NFL dreams for a while. OSU was going after Corum and we won that battle. 

5 stars still play. Guys with NIL money still play. Sounds like it's OSUs culture and coaching that's the problem then. You can't excuse the loss cuz you're rosters just "too good".