THE BROWNS BOARD

"williams wall" eligable to play sunday

jrb12711

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4455616

This is really bad news for us, if they would of happened to be suspended our running game would have been a lot more open. Not saying we would of been able to gash them or anything, but this hurts us. I would go as far to say this was the biggest x factor for the browns this weekend. Thoughts?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4455616

This is really bad news for us, if they would of happened to be suspended our running game would have been a lot more open. Not saying we would of been able to gash them or anything, but this hurts us. I would go as far to say this was the biggest x factor for the browns this weekend. Thoughts?

Definitely didn't help our cause. Looks like we need to spread the field with short routes and keep Allen off our QB.

Shouldn't be all bad, maybe Big Shaun can blow up their rookie center and give us a fighting chance on our line.

I'm hoping and predicting that we see a lot of two TE sets on Sunday to help chip on Allen and also provide a short yardage release for the QB.

Also hoping we see a lot of Fraley despite his small saize because I doubt Mack is ready to handle big Kevin Williams.

It shouldn't be too large of a jump to conclulsion that this is one of the reasons we saw a more concerted effort to work on screens this pre-season than any other one.

Was thinking the same thing...we ran some draws as well.

"Three years in a row they've been No. 1 defending the run, and they do it without committing a safety to the "box." Bill Belichick schooled everyone in how to beat them in a 2006 game. He spread the field with receivers and threw on 43 of 61 downs. Tom Brady tossed four TDs in a 31-7 romp." ........from Grossi's scouting report @ the PD

Now we don't have Tom Brady, but we do have some talent at WR. I think screen passes, and four WR and 3WR + TE sets could be seen more against a team like this because they're so stout along the DL. Hitting the edges is probably more successful than the middle, but their CB's support the run well because of their Cover 2 game.

JA is a beast on the DL for them because of his speed and hustle, and obvioulsy the LB's are underrated, but I am not so sure we can't take advantage of their Safeties over the middle and down the sidelines in that cover two. Flags and crossing patterns are a decent way to take advantage of the Cover 2 zone as well.

Running is futile - you need to pick your spots. Draws out of the shotgun worked very well with James Davis, as I think he has 30 yards on 2 carries from that play alone.

What I have heard Mangini say is he will design the offense according to the defensive matchups. I guess we'll see soon enough this Sunday.

Archived