THE BROWNS BOARD

For Straight and safety razor shavers

I am an absolute fanatic about shaving. For me it is a daily ritual that I look forward to.

I am entranced by the straight razor, safety razor, and single edged razor. The closeness and friendliness to my skin is 1000x what a multiblade razor can achieve.

So, for those who shave this way, do you have a favorite soap/pre and after shave

I get Lajatica products from the MSC cruise ship Mereviglia, and you can buy direct from Italy. Unfortunately, delivery is long, service sucks, and the shit is hard to get.

The Italian brand Proraso is my second/first choice.

What say ye, old time shavers?

On 12/2/2022 at 10:43 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I am an absolute fanatic about shaving. For me it is a daily ritual that I look forward to.

I am entranced by the straight razor, safety razor, and single edged razor. The closeness and friendliness to my skin is 1000x what a multiblade razor can achieve.

So, for those who shave this way, do you have a favorite soap/pre and after shave

I get Lajatica products from the MSC cruise ship Mereviglia, and you can buy direct from Italy. Unfortunately, delivery is long, service sucks, and the shit is hard to get.

The Italian brand Proraso is my second/first choice.

What say ye, old time shavers?

Since I got rid of the beard and started taking warfarin I switched to an electric razor. A Braun 9000 series which works great.

WSS

35 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Never used one until I started taking the blood thinners and a razor would Nick me on occasion I'd bleed like a stuck fucking pig. The 9000 series is really amazing though.

WSS

One of the barbers on the cruise ship demonstrated the 9000 to me, and it is indeed the best of electrics, by far. It's just not for me.

The Harry's, Gillette etc. Multi blade junk is even worse.

I take Xarelto but am not plagued by long clot times when I nik myself. Weird, eh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

One of the barbers on the cruise ship demonstrated the 9000 to me, and it is indeed the best of electrics, by far. It's just not for me.

The Harry's, Gillette etc. Multi blade junk is even worse.

I take Xarelto but am not plagued by long clot times when I nik myself. Weird, eh?

Not really my Warfarin dosage is therapeutic not prophylactic, tried to dissolve a blood clot.

WSS

On 12/5/2022 at 7:25 AM, Westside Steve said:

Since I got rid of the beard and started taking warfarin I switched to an electric razor. A Braun 9000 series which works great.

WSS

My dad used the blade but later switched to the old Norelco double header.

I used to do the blade route but have a light beard and don't have to shave every day ...... actually kind of nice ..... I have switched to a Norelco triple header, works great.    But I occasionally kind of miss the  ol' suds & blade routine  and that's what it is a daily routine like a good shower or anything else. 

The other electric benefit the  cordless  convenience.    I like that.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:44 PM, Westside Steve said:

Never used one until I started taking the blood thinners and a razor would Nick me on occasion I'd bleed like a stuck fucking pig. The 9000 series is really amazing though.

WSS

I'm on Clopidigrel... Generic for Plavix... sometimes I nick myself but a stiptic pen usually does the trick..

1 minute ago, syd said:

hey here is a pair of scissors go run around the house

Id rather come after you with a chain saw... Much more effective...

13 minutes ago, nickers said:

Id rather come after you with a chain saw... Much more effective...

well at least he didnt say a dildo (cause dude i wonder about you and I am not that kind of guy) so please keep your gay tendencies away from me I bet you could find someone of you liking on the polo board

15 minutes ago, syd said:

well at least he didnt say a dildo (cause dude i wonder about you and I am not that kind of guy) so please keep your gay tendencies away from me I bet you could find someone of you liking on the polo board

I hate to disappoint you but I'm not gay... I'm super straight...

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Fuck, well, I guess we won't be talking any more.

Awww sweet pookie!

• Haha 1

Switched from using overpriced disposable razors a few years ago. Picked up an old style metal Gillette safety razor and haven't looked back since. 

Instead of spending a ton of money on disposable razors, I just spend around $40 once a year to pick up enough Feather razorblades to last me through the year. Titanium coated blades made in Japan; feels like shaving with a samurai sword.