THE BROWNS BOARD

damn you tube got the sunday ticket

syd

Once you get appropriately pissed at your service provider for acting like a monopolist and raising prices while decreasing the quality of your service, you may be ready for:

This link is the collection of game streams that used to be on Reddit.. PM me and I'll show you how to both install an ad blocker and close the ads so you can watch the games.

It may not be the same experience you're used to, but for $150/mo, I'll close a few ads.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
SUMMARY NOTICE OF PENDING CLASS ACTION

If you purchased NFL Sunday Ticket, a class action
lawsuit may affect your rights.

This Notice is being provided by order of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of
California. It is not a solicitation from a lawyer. You are not being sued.

Para una notificación en español, visite www.NFLSundayTicketLawsuit.com
NOTICE OF PENDING CLASS ACTION
A class action lawsuit is pending in the United States District Court for the Central District of California that alleges that the NFL and the 32 NFL teams have suppressed competition for the sale of professional football game telecasts in violation of the Sherman Act. The name of the case is In re National Football League’s “Sunday Ticket” Antitrust Litigation, Case No. 2:15-ml-02668-PSG (JEMx).

This lawsuit involves NFL Sunday Ticket, an out-of-market sports viewing package that provides NFL regular-season games unavailable on local television affiliates. Football fans who are not NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers can view only locally available games each Sunday afternoon, but Sunday Ticket subscribers can view both locally available games and out-of-market games. Plaintiffs claim that absent the allegedly anticompetitive agreements at issue, the telecasts available on Sunday Ticket would be available through other means, which would result in more access to telecasts of NFL games at lower prices. The Court has appointed the law offices of Susman Godfrey L.L.P., Hausfeld LLP, and Langer Grogan and Diver PC as class counsel.

No money or benefits are available now because the lawsuit is not resolved. There is no guarantee that money or benefits ever will be available. If they are, you will be notified about how to ask for a share of any recovery. Unless you exclude yourself or your business from the lawsuit, you or your business will be bound by the outcome of the case and you will not be able to file a lawsuit or be part of any lawsuit against Defendants concerning or relating to the claims and allegations that were or could have been raised in this lawsuit.
LITIGATION CLASS DEFINITION
The Court has certified damages classes and injunctive classes for residential and commercial DIRECTV subscribers that purchased NFL Sunday Ticket at any time between June 17, 2011 and February 7, 2023.

For more detail about the class definitions, and exceptions to class membership, please visit www.NFLSundayTicketLawsuit.com.
PRODUCTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Pursuant to the Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act of 2010, 47 U.S.C. § 338, we are also notifying you and other current and former DIRECTV subscribers that DIRECTV has been ordered by the United States District Court for the Central District of California in the case discussed in this notice and captioned In re National Football League’s Sunday Ticket Antitrust Litigation, No. 2:15-ml-02668-PSG-JEM, to produce certain information from DIRECTV’s records to the Court-appointed class counsel (the lawyers representing Plaintiffs), that contain personally identifiable information. The information—which will be kept “Highly Confidential” under the protective order in the Sunday Ticket litigation, will not be shared publicly, and will be used only to further notify class members about the litigation and effectuate any settlement or judgment—includes the subscribers’ names, addresses, account numbers, dates of service, telephone numbers, and email addresses connected to the account. DIRECTV has not yet provided this information to the Court-appointed class counsel, and to date has provided only contact information to the Notice Administrator sufficient to effectuate this Notice. But DIRECTV will provide this information to Court-appointed class counsel on October 15, 2023.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
If you are a member of the Residential Damages Class or Commercial Damages Class:
Exclude Yourself: You may write to the Notice Administrator, JND Legal Administration, by October 8, 2023 to exclude yourself. If you ask to be excluded from this lawsuit and money is later awarded, you will not be allowed to request a payment. But you (or your business) will keep your right to file your own lawsuit against the Defendants for damages concerning or relating to the claims and factual allegations that were or could have been raised in this action.

Do Nothing: If you do nothing, you or your business will be bound by the outcome of the case, whether a judgment is rendered for or against Defendants. Unless you exclude yourself or your business, you will not be able to file a lawsuit or be part of any other lawsuit against Defendants concerning or relating to the claims and factual allegations that were or could have been raised in this lawsuit.

If you are a member of the Residential Injunctive Class or Commercial Injunctive Class:
You or your business will be bound by the outcome of the litigation. You do not have the ability to opt out of the Injunctive Classes.
DETAILED NOTICE
Important information about this litigation is available in the Detailed Notice at www.NFLSundayTicketLawsuit.com or by request from the Notice Administrator. You can contact the Notice Administrator by mail at: In re: National Football League’s “Sunday Ticket” Antitrust Litigation, c/o JND Legal Administration, P.O. Box 91316, Seattle, WA 98111, email at info@NFLSundayTicketLawsuit.com or phone at 866-848-0814.

The deadlines contained in this Notice may be amended by Court Order, so please check www.NFLSundayTicketLawsuit.com for any updates.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MDDawg said:

The YouTube Sunday ticket experience is much better than DirectTv’s streaming. Much easier to switch from one device to another, I’d often miss the beginning of games due to work, now they’re automatically DVR’d. 

Glad to see.  Hope a few more give reviews.  I have season tickets and will go to 6 games.  For the others i will probably get the Ticket this week. If the rate prorates down, I'll wait a few more.  I will get the Monday night game and am going to the Titans game.  I'd even get that one locally.

I am at the point I would rather stay home, cook a pot of something and watch from my easy chair rather than head to a bar to watch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Glad to see.  Hope a few more give reviews.  I have season tickets and will go to 6 games.  For the others i will probably get the Ticket this week. If the rate prorates down, I'll wait a few more.  I will get the Monday night game and am going to the Titans game.  I'd even get that one locally.

I am at the point I would rather stay home, cook a pot of something and watch from my easy chair rather than head to a bar to watch.

100% better, for sure. What's really cool is YoutubeTV let's you multicast games as well. Most importantly, there was no significant lag or delay. Sunday Ticket was awful about having significant issues in delays or downright failures in playing the games. 

If you don't know, you can get just Sunday Ticket as well. You're right- event at the current cost it breaks down to less than $20 per week. My TV is way better than any of the ones at the bars and beers are cheaper too.

On 12/30/2022 at 3:12 PM, Vagitron said:

There are more than a few “illegal streams” that consistently work. I’d love for their to be a one team option like mentioned in some articles since this announcement. I think Sunday ticket is a massive rip otherwise. I had it for years. It should be the student cost for everyone. 

Yeah, Sunday ticket is a rip off at list price, and the NFL makes sure the top bidder can't price it as a loss leader either.  :(  I have to wonder how long DirecTV can survive without Sunday ticket- they're bleeding tens of thousands of subscribers every week (400,000 at last count for the quarter).   Getting into an outright war with Nexstar over local station fees may be the death blow. I can't get NBC here in Dayton until it's resolved. Fortunately, my OTA antenna works well enough that I can pull in Sunday Night Football, and the wife can watch her America's Got Talent. I'm really tempted to call DirecTv retention that you need to give me better than a $10 buck rebate if you want to keep me as a customer. FWIW, I spent several days at my nephew's house, and was able to audition HULU- and it left me less than satisfied with how it works.  :(  

On 9/2/2023 at 11:58 AM, syd said:
SUMMARY NOTICE OF PENDING CLASS ACTION

If you purchased NFL Sunday Ticket, a class action
lawsuit may affect your rights.

This Notice is being provided by order of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of
California. It is not a solicitation from a lawyer. You are not being sued.

Para una notificación en español, visite www.NFLSundayTicketLawsuit.com
NOTICE OF PENDING CLASS ACTION
A class action lawsuit is pending in the United States District Court for the Central District of California that alleges that the NFL and the 32 NFL teams have suppressed competition for the sale of professional football game telecasts in violation of the Sherman Act. The name of the case is In re National Football League’s “Sunday Ticket” Antitrust Litigation, Case No. 2:15-ml-02668-PSG (JEMx).

This lawsuit involves NFL Sunday Ticket, an out-of-market sports viewing package that provides NFL regular-season games unavailable on local television affiliates. Football fans who are not NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers can view only locally available games each Sunday afternoon, but Sunday Ticket subscribers can view both locally available games and out-of-market games. Plaintiffs claim that absent the allegedly anticompetitive agreements at issue, the telecasts available on Sunday Ticket would be available through other means, which would result in more access to telecasts of NFL games at lower prices. The Court has appointed the law offices of Susman Godfrey L.L.P., Hausfeld LLP, and Langer Grogan and Diver PC as class counsel.

No money or benefits are available now because the lawsuit is not resolved. There is no guarantee that money or benefits ever will be available. If they are, you will be notified about how to ask for a share of any recovery. Unless you exclude yourself or your business from the lawsuit, you or your business will be bound by the outcome of the case and you will not be able to file a lawsuit or be part of any lawsuit against Defendants concerning or relating to the claims and allegations that were or could have been raised in this lawsuit.
LITIGATION CLASS DEFINITION
The Court has certified damages classes and injunctive classes for residential and commercial DIRECTV subscribers that purchased NFL Sunday Ticket at any time between June 17, 2011 and February 7, 2023.

For more detail about the class definitions, and exceptions to class membership, please visit www.NFLSundayTicketLawsuit.com.
PRODUCTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Pursuant to the Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act of 2010, 47 U.S.C. § 338, we are also notifying you and other current and former DIRECTV subscribers that DIRECTV has been ordered by the United States District Court for the Central District of California in the case discussed in this notice and captioned In re National Football League’s Sunday Ticket Antitrust Litigation, No. 2:15-ml-02668-PSG-JEM, to produce certain information from DIRECTV’s records to the Court-appointed class counsel (the lawyers representing Plaintiffs), that contain personally identifiable information. The information—which will be kept “Highly Confidential” under the protective order in the Sunday Ticket litigation, will not be shared publicly, and will be used only to further notify class members about the litigation and effectuate any settlement or judgment—includes the subscribers’ names, addresses, account numbers, dates of service, telephone numbers, and email addresses connected to the account. DIRECTV has not yet provided this information to the Court-appointed class counsel, and to date has provided only contact information to the Notice Administrator sufficient to effectuate this Notice. But DIRECTV will provide this information to Court-appointed class counsel on October 15, 2023.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
If you are a member of the Residential Damages Class or Commercial Damages Class:
Exclude Yourself: You may write to the Notice Administrator, JND Legal Administration, by October 8, 2023 to exclude yourself. If you ask to be excluded from this lawsuit and money is later awarded, you will not be allowed to request a payment. But you (or your business) will keep your right to file your own lawsuit against the Defendants for damages concerning or relating to the claims and factual allegations that were or could have been raised in this action.

Do Nothing: If you do nothing, you or your business will be bound by the outcome of the case, whether a judgment is rendered for or against Defendants. Unless you exclude yourself or your business, you will not be able to file a lawsuit or be part of any other lawsuit against Defendants concerning or relating to the claims and factual allegations that were or could have been raised in this lawsuit.

If you are a member of the Residential Injunctive Class or Commercial Injunctive Class:
You or your business will be bound by the outcome of the litigation. You do not have the ability to opt out of the Injunctive Classes.
DETAILED NOTICE
Important information about this litigation is available in the Detailed Notice at www.NFLSundayTicketLawsuit.com or by request from the Notice Administrator. You can contact the Notice Administrator by mail at: In re: National Football League’s “Sunday Ticket” Antitrust Litigation, c/o JND Legal Administration, P.O. Box 91316, Seattle, WA 98111, email at info@NFLSundayTicketLawsuit.com or phone at 866-848-0814.

The deadlines contained in this Notice may be amended by Court Order, so please check www.NFLSundayTicketLawsuit.com for any updates.

BFT.... there's no reason in the world why Sunday Ticket has to be an exclusive to the highest bidder. The NFL is shooting themselves in the foot. You can easily make more money by having it available to multiple providers.  

5 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

100% better, for sure. What's really cool is YoutubeTV let's you multicast games as well. Most importantly, there was no significant lag or delay. Sunday Ticket was awful about having significant issues in delays or downright failures in playing the games. 

If you don't know, you can get just Sunday Ticket as well. You're right- event at the current cost it breaks down to less than $20 per week. My TV is way better than any of the ones at the bars and beers are cheaper too.

The guy's house I go over to watch Browns games signed up for YouTube Sunday Ticket. I do have to say it's pretty neat. On his 75" big screen you can put four games on simultaneously. Browns game in one corner, then three others. When the commercial break is over, you just go Browns full screen. FWIW, we did get a couple frozen screens where we had to go away from YouTube, and then come back to the game. 

FWIW, I'm not shelling out the $300 bucks this year for Sunday Ticket. Every year (being in Bungle Land) I check for game conflicts- or non conflicts. this season, there's only two games where the Bungles will get preference. MNF, SNF, and TNF- no conflicts there. Bye weeks ditto.  

Nuts to spend that kind of money to get a couple of games, especially when I can just head over to my friends place to catch those games.  .   

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

The guy's house I go over to watch Browns games signed up for YouTube Sunday Ticket. I do have to say it's pretty neat. On his 75" big screen you can put four games on simultaneously. Browns game in one corner, then three others. When the commercial break is over, you just go Browns full screen. FWIW, we did get a couple frozen screens where we had to go away from YouTube, and then come back to the game. 

FWIW, I'm not shelling out the $300 bucks this year for Sunday Ticket. Every year (being in Bungle Land) I check for game conflicts- or non conflicts. this season, there's only two games where the Bungles will get preference. MNF, SNF, and TNF- no conflicts there. Bye weeks ditto.  

Nuts to spend that kind of money to get a couple of games, especially when I can just head over to my friends place to catch those games.  .   

Yeah, I ended up paying for the YouTube Sunday Ticket in July.  Had a glitch getting logged in on Sunday (long story) so I finally gave up and went to a bar very nearby in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Anyway, watching the Browns start off with a win put me in a good enough mood to get back on the phone right after the game.  This time I spoke to someone that knew exactly how to resolve the issue and I watched some of the later games on it.  

FWIW, when I've watched games with Browns Backers at a local bar in the past - those meals, beverages and tips 4 times a month for 4 months can really add up.  You can very easily spend $100 per month when you get right down to it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

FWIW, when I've watched games with Browns Backers at a local bar in the past - those meals, beverages and tips 4 times a month for 4 months can really add up.  You can very easily spend $100 per month when you get right down to it.

Especially with our Browns. My hydration levels dramatically increase when their on TV😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Yeah, I ended up paying for the YouTube Sunday Ticket in July.  Had a glitch getting logged in on Sunday (long story) so I finally gave up and went to a bar very nearby in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Anyway, watching the Browns start off with a win put me in a good enough mood to get back on the phone right after the game.  This time I spoke to someone that knew exactly how to resolve the issue and I watched some of the later games on it.  

Here in South Florida, even with game day deals at the bars there's no way I'm walking out with my wife for less than $50, and honestly very likely in the $60-$70. I don't knock 'em back either, but that's how the cost of doing business. With two young kids as well, it's great that this new version has a lot more flexibility. If I need to switch to the tablet or phone you can without any issues. 

Just an FYI as well, you can have up to 6 devices in the same home logged in and two devices logged in separate locations. Made it perfect to split the cost with my Dad if you know someone to go half.

4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Here in South Florida, even with game day deals at the bars there's no way I'm walking out with my wife for less than $50, and honestly very likely in the $60-$70. I don't knock 'em back either, but that's how the cost of doing business. With two young kids as well, it's great that this new version has a lot more flexibility. If I need to switch to the tablet or phone you can without any issues. 

Just an FYI as well, you can have up to 6 devices in the same home logged in and two devices logged in separate locations. Made it perfect to split the cost with my Dad if you know someone to go half.

Thanks JRB! That's very helpful.  I'm in South FL too.  Small world.

23 hours ago, Flugel said:

Probably more like $200+ going out.  A cheeseburger,fries, and 3-4 beers is going to cost more than $20.  I admit that I am a good tipper, some may not feel this way, but after sitting there 3-4 hours I can't leave the server a $5 tip.  I generally leave at least $15.  They are having to come over and check on you for 3-4 hours.

Be glad. At least you guys have a way to watch. International viewers were forcefully transferred from Game Pass on the NFL site which worked great, to DAZN, which is a complete SHITSHOW. 

There is literally not a single game or content whatsoever made available to me, after taking payment. Customer service has escalated internally (whatever the heck that means), because they have no idea why. 

So last Sunday I got """enjoy""" our first win while reading the play by play on the NFL site, with no indication of a resolution by next Monday...

danny-devito-fuck-you.gif  

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Probably more like $200+ going out.  A cheeseburger,fries, and 3-4 beers is going to cost more than $20.  I admit that I am a good tipper, some may not feel this way, but after sitting there 3-4 hours I can't leave the server a $5 tip.  I generally leave at least $15.  They are having to come over and check on you for 3-4 hours.

Thanks! That $200+ per month is probably more like it.   I tip like you do because most of their salary comes from tips.  I also do it for the reasons you brought up.  In order to keep the bar interested in hosting the Browns Backers - they need to make money so I'm usually well fed.  

9 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

So last Sunday I got """enjoy""" our first win while reading the play by play on the NFL site, with no indication of a resolution by next Monday...

sending you a private message

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

Thanks! That $200+ per month is probably more like it.   I tip like you do because most of their salary comes from tips.  I also do it for the reasons you brought up.  In order to keep the bar interested in hosting the Browns Backers - they need to make money so I'm usually well fed.  

It's cheaper than a single $200 game day ticket. Honestly, it's not going to be much longer (on my retirement income) before I turn my Season tickets over to my 3 nephews. 

I'm fortunate I don't have to hit Sports Bars when I'm not going to the Stadium. Which is getting less and less desirable as the years go by. My co season ticket holder about never goes to games anymore- and he only lives 15 miles from First Energy, not 220 as I do. BTW, The cost of admission to my pal's house is a bottle of wine and a pizza.  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

It's cheaper than a single $200 game day ticket. Honestly, it's not going to be much longer (on my retirement income) before I turn my Season tickets over to my 3 nephews. 

I'm fortunate I don't have to hit Sports Bars when I'm not going to the Stadium. Which is getting less and less desirable as the years go by. My co season ticket holder about never goes to games anymore- and he only lives 15 miles from First Energy, not 220 as I do. BTW, The cost of admission to my pal's house is a bottle of wine and a pizza.  

It happens.  It isn't cheap holding my club seats.  Especially when you start tagging on 3 nights in hotels as I do . This last game it was 4 nights.  We didn't feel like driving all the way back(625 miles) on Monday.  

Time takes it's toll.

• Upvote 1

[quote]The cost of admission to my pal's house is a bottle of wine and a pizza.  [/quote]

Dang Larry, I started to think about this.  You must be spending that $200 a month unless you are going over there with a cheap ass wine and a Red Barron Pizza.

Just busting your chops...lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

You can't beat that last part.  Yeah, the cost of the Sunday Ticket sounds worse than it really is when you start doing cost and convenience comparisons.   Staying home, I don't have to spend $ on bar & grill food, beverages and tips.  I also don't have to waste any gas getting there.  Not only that, I don't have to get there 45-60 minutes early to get a good seat. That's a 4 hour commitment plus the travel to and from. Not only that, if I want to drink beer - I don't have to worry about Florida Five-O or some Next Generation Barney Fife pulling me over.

As the conversation got going with Ballpeen's and JRB's input - all that can easily be about $200 a month during a 4 month season. That's way more than the Sunday Ticket & Red Zone costs me this year. Last year's alternative was to try to stream it weekly which often led to missing big plays and needing to refresh the feed.  It really sucked to be honest.

The big reality during inflation today - you have to carefully choose what you're willing to overpay for outside of the essentials.  Many of us are refusing to bury our longtime family traditions of watching the Browns on Sunday, which makes that an essential too.  

On 9/15/2023 at 6:01 AM, ballpeen said:

[quote]The cost of admission to my pal's house is a bottle of wine and a pizza.  [/quote]

Dang Larry, I started to think about this.  You must be spending that $200 a month unless you are going over there with a cheap ass wine and a Red Barron Pizza.

Just busting your chops...lol

Yeah, no cheap wines allowed.... We also have a Friday happy hour on a rotating basis either at a restaurant that will let us bring in wine, or at someone's house. Bob was the host yesterday. I know for health reasons you gave up that fermented grape juice... But the featured wines brought by attendees were a 1989 Chateau Leoville Barton, and a 2004 Pavilion Rouge from Chateau Margaux.   Darn, even those second labels of top chateaux have escalated out of my retirement budget.  :(  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 6:13 AM, Flugel said:

youtube t.v rules after i got the channels configured and alot cheaper than directv

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 4:10 PM, syd said:

i think  it sucks cause i havnt paid for it in years cause come august i allways threatened to cancel and BOOM free football seems those days are gone

Here in Memphis it is a real quagfuckmire. We have a vigorous Backers group, but sadly I don't know where we meet to watch games these days. Fly-by-night Steelers/Cowboys fans always start fights, arguments, piss off the staff being rude and not tipping and literally add a component of life threat to the games.

Memphis is the FBI #1 dangerous city in the US to begin with, so going to a sports tavern is no longer something I will do.

I get to see the Browns on select games, and that's it. I have Sirius on my phone and usually listen with the dogs and a cigar out back.

God, I miss the days of my Dad yelling up at the roof at my Mom, to turn to the left, adjust her aluminum foil hat and hold the rabbit ears up high so we could get a clear picture on tv.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

God, I miss the days of my Dad yelling up at the roof at my Mom, to turn to the left, adjust her aluminum foil hat and hold the rabbit ears up high so we could get a clear picture on tv.

We just went across the street to the Salters' house with the rest of the neighborhood kids once a week to watch I Love Lucy on the only TV on the block. It got the only channel at the time with rabbit ears.🐰

• Like 1

I like those.

They only pop on  the local ad slots.  The national buys still show up.  With 2 teams, which local ads should they show, and those ads don't pay enough to get national exposure.  I don't want to see some local Baltimore ad selling gutter guards.

Going with the Zen is better than showing an old Indian head or lighthouse test pattern.  Some of you older folks know what I am talking about.

For you younger folks, TV stations signed off at 1AM or so.  If you turned on the TV, all you saw was a test pattern or  just static fuzz.  They would usually sign back in at 6AM...some sort of farm report was usually on the air.  Corn is up.  Pork Bellies down

45 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I like those.

They only pop on  the local ad slots.  The national buys still show up.  With 2 teams, which local ads should they show, and those ads don't pay enough to get national exposure.  I don't want to see some local Baltimore ad selling gutter guards.

Going with the Zen is better than showing an old Indian head or lighthouse test pattern.  Some of you older folks know what I am talking about.

For you younger folks, TV stations signed off at 1AM or so.  If you turned on the TV, all you saw was a test pattern or  just static fuzz.  They would usually sign back in at 6AM...some sort of farm report was usually on the air.  Corn is up.  Pork Bellies down

I used to watch the 488 RFDTV on our cable TV when my wife was on 7-3 weekends  knew all of them about 10 years ago.   Fun TV back then.  All the farm and polka music stuff.