THE BROWNS BOARD

QB (EITHER) in trouble without the run!!

gmp

So it looks like Mr Quinn......well go get em"

However, as this drama finally comes to a close, and Mangini, really took this toooo far...they are both set up and throw guy's......one shorter -one longer...

In any event, they are both in trouble if this offense can't run the ball...ala ..last year.......That will take so much off the Qb and get this situation off to a good start......It pains me to see Jamal Lewis tip toe his 250 lb body for 2 yards......on 2 plays...setting up the dreaded 3rd and long and the jailbreak is on....and the QB gets killed...or picked...

A big part of the success will obviously be to rely on the run game to move the football......

If they can do that...the QB (whoever) should have a very nice season ...well at least better then last..

However, as this drama finally comes to a close, and Mangini, really took this toooo far...they are both set up and throw guy's......one shorter -one longer...

In any event, they are both in trouble if this offense can't run the ball...ala ..last year.......That will take so much off the Qb and get this situation off to a good start......It pains me to see Jamal Lewis tip toe his 250 lb body for 2 yards......on 2 plays...setting up the dreaded 3rd and long and the jailbreak is on....and the QB gets killed...or picked...

A big part of the success will obviously be to rely on the run game to move the football......

If they can do that...the QB (whoever) should have a very nice season ...well at least better then last..

If we are going to have trouble running the ball the vikings will expose it in abundance i think we will run the ball just good enough to appear competitive....;)

EM and BD have said they will rely on matchups. If the D can be run on, they will run. If the D can be passed on, they will pass. Don't be surprised if we pass a lot on Sunday. But yes, it matters not who the QB is this season if we cannot:

RUN THE BALL (sets up the pass)

STOP THE RUN (sets up the pass rush)

Other teams can switch this dynamic, but we are not one of those teams right now. Hopefully we can learn to take advantage of matchups. But for now, we cannot force a square peg onto a round hole (running against the Vikes.)

Cleveland run the ball on the Vikings?

Those guys do not play safety, and they certainly do not help your ST's. We know you're good against the run and great running the ball. There are ways to beat the Vikings. You weren't 10-6 in a weak division because you were unbeatable, Taintbar.

Lets see how well they do against 4WR sets.

In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue.

And taintbar, you still trying to talk smack?

It's like watching a Retard try pickup lines on a model, damn your trying your best and kinda cute, but in the end she's going home with the stud....

So in this scenario you are the model that is going home with the stud? Why are you calling him cute? Is this you coming out of the closet or has that ship sailed long ago?

Damn I guess we don't have to do the smack talking, you can just do it for us.

And I guess home schooling teaches us how to spell "you're". Try again

Oh boy, more mongoloid Retards are coming out of the woodwork, or did we ban you and "you're" coming back under a different name. I understand you want to hang with the cool kids, but I hate to break it to ya, but you're apart of a non-existent fan base. You'll never see Viking fans listed when the media talks about the best fans in the league. But by all means keep ankle biting lil' fella. Ya never know kiddo, if you hang around here long enough you might get the hang of this "smack talk" thing you've heard so much about but fail miserably at executing....

Yea, you’re fan base is kinda adorable. I mean you guys have won a whopping 6 division titles? Last one ‘89? I’m glad you have found something to hold onto besides that stud’s c*ck you were talking about earlier. But hey, whatever makes you happy, no matter how pathetic and hopeless, is not for me to judge. Now if we even want somewhat of a challenge, we have Detroit to look forward to twice a year, k? I am so jealous that I haven’t found this forum earlier where all the “cool” kids hang out. Man, you’re like the captain of this ship aren’t you? Hope you don’t get picked last next time you go out to play dodge ball at recess, Skippy.

Yea, you’re fan base is kinda adorable. I mean you guys have won a whopping 6 division titles?

It sure is buddy, even the Steelers commend us for that - unlike the one in Minnesotta where one struggles to sell tickets despite having a decent team. So bad is it that getting the ex-QB of your arch rivals and ong time nemesis GreenBay has sparked up ticket sales. Seems like people are more keen on Favre than the team - could it be that you do not consider yourself a worthy opponent to Green Bay ? :lol:

Guest Masters
Yea, you’re fan base is kinda adorable. I mean you guys have won a whopping 6 division titles? Last one ‘89?

When was the last time MIN actually won anything?

If you ain't first, you're last.

p.s. CLE has won 13 division championships, 11 conference championships, and 4 NFL championships.

How the f*ck can you guys look at yourselves in the mirror?

A good buddy of mine is a Vikings fan (he's from Minnesota...why else would he be a Vikings fan?) and he's sick to death about having to root for Favre. I have to assume these inmates posting here are just taking their anger over having to be rooting for Favre out on us.

What's adorable is these Minny fans are getting all uppity for taking on a washed up QB from their division rival

How the f*ck can you guys look at yourselves in the mirror?

You all need to quit lying to yourselves. Anyone of you that say you wouldn’t take BR deserve to be shot. “Oh no, please! Don’t give me a better quarterback than my team has had in.... FOREVER?”

As hiwaygal corrected me earlier that there are a bunch of pansies in here, I wont make the mistake again.

I guarantee all of you would give your left vagina lip for Big Gay Ben to be your qb.

I don’t get you guys, Favre is better than BOTH of our qb’s. Not to mention if we do happen to have a good season, we can rub it in the Packers face for years to come. Does your jealousy ever wear off?

Oh yea and Viking fans are over here putting all of your panties in bunches, how many Brown turd fans are over there?

I think Mangini made the right choice of QBs but should have done it weeks ago to prepare for the season. After watching you guys last year and this preseason, I'm not convinced that you can win many games. The defense is awful. You have a good offensive line, good WRs, but the RBs and the QB are a question mark. Good luck.

you are spot on about the RB situation but I think our Defense has improved under Rob Ryan. We are realistic about our target but will be happy to over achieve.

A good buddy of mine is a Vikings fan (he's from Minnesota...why else would he be a Vikings fan?) and he's sick to death about having to root for Favre. I have to assume these inmates posting here are just taking their anger over having to be rooting for Favre out on us.

I had hard time pulling for JL - until he blew up cincy for 2 hundo back in '07 & that 60 plus TD- and caused me to leap out my chair spilling a nice, cold Fatweiser in the process.

Archived