THE BROWNS BOARD

Health care reform in a nutshell

heckofajobbrownie

They'll pass something. I don't know if it's going to have that exact same public option or something more politically palatable, like a trigger or co-ops.

Well no kidding.

Something will pass.

Personally I doubt it will be anything near what's been promised and I'll be surprised if it makes a positive difference.

We'll see.

WSS

Covering the uninsured would be a significant improvement in the lives of millions of Americans. It'd be one of the most important pieces of legislation in the last 100 years.

Re-writing the law to eliminate health insurance abuses would also improve the lives of millions of Americans.

Once again, you're just stuck in your nihilist box, where everything is pointless.

It's not. This is hugely important to you and everyone you know. Much like Van Jones.

Covering the uninsured would be a significant improvement in the lives of millions of Americans. It'd be one of the most important pieces of legislation in the last 100 years.

Re-writing the law to eliminate health insurance abuses would also improve the lives of millions of Americans.

Once again, you're just stuck in your nihilist box, where everything is pointless.

It's not. This is hugely important to you and everyone you know. Much like Van Jones.

Could be.

How about Congress test drives it for a year or 18 months. They figuratively (and quite literally in many demographics) represent the American people. All ages, all varying degrees of health, etc.. Let's see how well they manage for 12-18 months. If it swims, great - if it sinks, back to the drawing board.

I've treated people in this country who are dependent on the government for healthcare. They are in such poor health, that it actually makes a silly piece of paper (my resume) look good. Think about that for a moment.

I've also treated people in other countries where there is government provided & managed healthcare for all, with the option to purchase more if you can afford it. It creates an aristocracy (not that there isn't one already), that just deepens the divide between the haves and have nots. There are also two types of hospitals. One "clinic" in a village that services neighboring villages where the citizens go sit all day and don't get seen. By anyone. The other hospital, you'd want to eat off the OR floor. Guess which patients we treated? It wasn't the ones that have the money to get the additional private coverage as well.

For $100 measly dollars, when I travel, I'm covered up to $1 mil for treatment. Guess which hospital I get to go to if I need to?

I know these are extreme examples. But they do exist. And when have we, as the American public, not exploited or ruined a good thing?

And lets be very honest when we talk about the possibility of Congress "going after" those dastardly insurance companies and their abuses.. Who do you think underwrites Congress' policies? Is Congress going to crack down on them, like they did the Banks? Or GM? What a laugher.

Not at all Heck.

Those things would be very good.

I say they aren't gonna happen.

That's all.

I'd almost believe Obama is purposely jinxing it so he can have the issue and claim victory when a show bill gets passed.

I could be wrong.

It may change everything for the better.

If you think so, great.

We shall see.

WSS

Uh if you say so Heck.

Did I attack your little pal or are you just ranting?

WSS

Archived