THE BROWNS BOARD

Brady Quinn wins the QB competition

OconRecon

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I knew Quinn would start:

I'm starting him in place of Eli Manning, and starting James Davis as one of my rb's,

so if I can beat Rich this week in fantasy football, I can tease him about it often.

Otherwise, I'm toast. GGG

Sorry 'peen...that really wasn't a dig at Lums...more at the trolls who were here awhile ago.

It wasn't aimed at you....just a general comment to those it was..

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Ballpeen, I've always liked you as a poster for the most part even though in the last few months you've turned into a soft core version of Tom V. and rich, so with that I say.

Shut the f*ck up

Seriously, we've taken his shit for 2 years, all his snide comments and all the good threads he's ruined. No sorry, he's going to take every ounce of shit myself and my comrades have to dish out. And when WE decide it's enough, then AND ONLY THEN will we stop....

Why don't you shut the xxxx up you little punk.

Hey, y'all, let's come together here. We have a brand new starting QB (a guy we've been waiting for 2+ seasons to see if he's got it or not), the 2009 NFL season starts tomorrow night, we've successfully e-pissed in the faces of lame Viking fans and Lumbergh is pretty much out the door (well, his heart certainly won't be in it any longer, that's for damn sure).

Sounds pretty darn good to me.

Ahhh classic old man retort "You litttle punk, get off my lawn!!!!"

crotchety-old-man.jpg

Slow your roll grandpa, don't blow a gasket....

I am not that old man...I like you too....but there is a way to win and a way to lose....you have heard the term sore loser or poor sport...well...the same goes for the winners.

Show some class. Your class isn't dependent on the class shown to you.

Hey, y'all, let's come together here. We have a brand new starting QB (a guy we've been waiting for 2+ seasons to see if he's got it or not), the 2009 NFL season starts tomorrow night, we've successfully e-pissed in the faces of lame Viking fans and Lumbergh is pretty much out the door (well, his heart certainly won't be in it any longer, that's for damn sure).

Sounds pretty darn good to me.

We are together here mz the pussy...as the oldest brother I kicked the crap out of my younger brothers all the time when they got out of line.

If someone else touched them, I kicked the crap out of them.

Same sort of deal here....

I am not that old man...I like you too....but there is a way to win and a way to lose....you have heard the term sore loser or poor sport...well...the same goes for the winners.

Show some class. Your class isn't dependent on the class shown to you.

The funny thing, ballpeen, is that not once have I heard this flavor of advice from you directed at Luvbergh (or any DA homo, for that matter) for any of the NINETYLEVENTEEN BILLION times he childishly taunted shep (or any other "BQ homo") about how "BQ's holding a clipboard," "1,053 NFL staffs have picked DA over BQ," etc., etc........you know what I'm referring to.....you've read it.......

but somehow it never prompted the self-righteous response above.......NEVER.

Hmmmm.....I wonder why?

DA fag.

Well then you haven't read the board enough...you can go back and research if you want. I am not, but i have told Lums on several occasions when i felt he had a point...which he did, and when i thought he was barking up the wrong tree.

What you know you have read is my telling you to ignore the guy...as I pretty much did as i don't engage in much smack talk.

He liked DA....so what.

The difference between you and me is I didn't allow his comments to become my hemorrhoid.

As i have said on many occasions...I am going to cheer BQ on Sunday.

Would you and a few other have cheered DA on Sunday???

No....I don't think Lums was a true Browns fan..that is why I didn't give him crap. He was like the kid down the street. I wasn't going to waste my time trying to teach him lessons.

Now for real fans....brothers if you will, to play off a previous post, sometimes the lesson is a smack across the back of the head when they don't know how to act.

Act like a knowledgeable fan...and that isn't trashing people who root for players you don't like or teams you don't like.

Serious stuff here.

Whoa. Timugen just went Obama on some ass in here!

(Damn friggin' great speech. Thought he was gonna go after that one douche with the big mouth.)

Always just a little late with your comments.

Well then you haven't read the board enough...you can go back and research if you want. I am not, but i have told Lums on several occasions when i felt he had a point...which he did, and when i thought he was barking up the wrong tree.

Then go find it for me old wise one, because I've never fcuking seen it, and I've read this board more than enough.

A really good find on your part would be one that was in the last few months (you know, after that point in time where you seem to have completely lost your friggin' mind.)

Sorry man.....not going to do your work for you. If you choose not to take my word for it, I don't really care.

As i have said, I haven't responded to Lums on many occasions..

He is your hemorrhoid, not mine.

Insiders say (!) that Quinn and Anderson were indeed told over the weekend by someone other than Mangini, which explains Anderson's mood on Monday. Mangini then talked to each guy at length yesterday.

The staff went into this as the purest of quarterback derbies, willing to start either guy. They would have preferred that one clearly pulled away, which didn't happen, but Quinn won it on the field first and foremost, performing better in "the totality of snaps" and certainly in the scrimmage and preseason games.

Quinn's vaunted work ethic was a very important deciding factor. The staff frankly got the sense that Quinn would work harder in practice, in the film room AND in the weight room to give himself and his team every conceivable edge.

Shep I agree with you whole heartedly on this post.. I also see one other thing that quinn brings.. Better feet. He moves better in the pocket and can get out and RUN if the defense screws up and leaves their lanes. Better feet generally equates to being better able to improvise and make something out of nothing.. That can be huge in a a game,,, even if it's just that one scramble for 6 yards and a first down to keep a drive going... Anderson can run when pressed..but quinn seems more nimble.

We knew this all along. DA would have had to outplay Quinn a ton to get the start.

What I'm hearing is that Mangie thinks the hardcore competition made both players better, which is the same with the rest of the team. Now the question is how much the lack of continuity will hurt early on. To be fair, the receiving corps and oline was unsettled too, so maybe the competition was for the best. I do think DA looked like he is getting better regardless of his low rating in limited reps.

What about Ratliff or Bartel though? That was kind of bogus.

I also expect Hadnot to start over Poke Chop as ASAP.

What about Ratliff or Bartel though? That was kind of bogus.

That's the decision that really disturbs me.

Ratliff doesn't even belong on an NFL roster at this point. I could understand a QB-starved team stashing him on the PS.... but keeping him while cutting Bartel, who is clearly more "ready" at this point, just screams of Mangini being a stubborn asshole... to the detriment of the team.

And it wouldn't surprise me if a player or two saw it that way as well, and they just think "blah, blah, Blow it out your ass" whenever Mangini tries to give some motivational "do it for the team" bullshit to them.

How it's possible for anybody to think that a guy like Shep doesn't know anything about football I have no idea.

The guy posts here ABOUT FOOTBALL year round. How the hell could he not know anything?

Get over the kid drama, the season is upon us.

I don't shit talk in the sense of acting like I'm tough... I just argue.

Sure, from a place of total ignorance. Per usual.

Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we, Mr. Bounty Hunter? "Kobe sucks," "Kobe was carried by his teammates," "Kobe can't win anything without Shaq." Those sound like the words of someone so basketball ignorant that he gets his modship of a basketball forum stripped. It was either for said ignorance, or maybe just because of your winning personality/people skills.

Speaking of who is still a registered user, nice job being a man sticking to your word.

I was wondering when this was coming.

Lums hasn't been out of control since, has he? Did you see the outpouring of plain old hatred for that fool in that thread I started? Nothing brings folks together like focusing upon a common enemy. We've been talking QB in many threads with minimal distraction pretty much ever since. The Quinn "announcement" went by with a slight, pathetic whimper from him...the dude has been systematically neutered.

Methinks it may have worked.

I guess I'll go ahead and show you what it's like to have the balls (and life outside of the internet) to leave if I'm the outcast.

Ah, the old "I have a life outside of the internet" argument. Kinda lame, right? You're pretty much saying "I'm cool and you're a loser!!! So it doesn't matter if I'm wrong here because I have a life and you don't!!!" Did I get the gist of your argument? So go ahead and PM me your social calendar, your resume and your bank statements if you care to measure cocks. If not, blow me.

And for your last thought, is that your farewell speech? Because, friend, if you weren't sure, you ARE the outcast.

What about Ratliff or Bartel though? That was kind of bogus

The ratliff decision is the one tainting choice mangini made and was totally bogus bartel had far more discipline and made good what little time he recieved i honestly dont care for ratty he is like DA when he was in jr highschool..I suspect ratty is a relative of mangini's hehehehe.;)

Archived