THE BROWNS BOARD

We're Doomed

dencyguy

Tony f-ing Kornheiser is now questioning Manigini's Corpse's "ploy."

Does it get much lower?

Why the hell does anyone pay that man to be on TV.

Seriously....

Damn am I sick of this shit. If we stink it up nearly as bad as predicted, I'm going on Prozac.

As a long time Jets fan, I would like to warn you of the ultra conservative, non-creative, boring football I was forced to watch for the past few seasons.

And what's going to bug you the MOST is when there's a bad play for the Browns, and all Mangina does is stare off into space and chew gum.

the guy has NO EMOTION

I'll defend Kornheiser a bit here. I enjoy PTI a lot; he just sucked on Monday Night Football because he tried to turn it in to, well, PTI.

Dennis

I like PTI too, but when Kornheiser jumps on a bandwagon, you know that wagon is very nearly ready to leave the station. That was my point...

As a long time Jets fan, I would like to warn you of the ultra conservative, non-creative, boring football I was forced to watch for the past few seasons.

And what's going to bug you the MOST is when there's a bad play for the Browns, and all Mangina does is stare off into space and chew gum.

the guy has NO EMOTION

You do realize who the Browns last head coach was, right? Say what you will about Mangini, but his football knowledge and preparation seperates him from RAC. If you thought Mangini was bad, experience Crennel for a couple of seasons.

Sorry no matter how much you didn't like him, he is lightyears better than RAC's best wet dreams.

Mangini has already shown more emotion in the pre-season games than Romeo ever did...unless he was looking at a burger or something.

I really wish you guys the best of luck this season. I'm rooting for you to kick Favre's ass week 1.

Mangina is still a douche in eyes of the Jets fan, but one mans trash is another man's treasure

You do realize who the Browns last head coach was, right? Say what you will about Mangini, but his football knowledge and preparation seperates him from RAC. If you thought Mangini was bad, experience Crennel for a couple of seasons.

I heard Crennel was a major disaster...my biggest fear would be, many disciples of belichick that branched off and took jobs somewhere else has sucked ass.

Crennel, Mangini, Weiss, McDaniels (the cutler and marshall fiasco is enough for me)

Your insight is appreciated...but you know, I'm guessing there are a number of Jets fans who didn't hate Mangini. No disrespect to you, man, but we'll just have to figure this one out for ourselves! ;)

lets hope he can learn from his mistakes here in ny...altho his personality is equivalent to a doorknob and his pressers are as fun as watchin paint dry...but hey, noone's perfect ;)

lets hope he can learn from his mistakes here in ny...altho his personality is equivalent to a doorknob and his pressers are as fun as watchin paint dry...but hey, noone's perfect ;)

We had a certain coach that used to be that way back in the mid-90's..

Then he got a chance with another team and I think he has done pretty well for himself.

That being said, it takes a lot to tolerate Parcells / Belichick disciples whether Crennell, Mangini, etc.

I'm hanging my hopes on him not losing control of his team. That and injuries have been the Browns achilles heel(s) since Crennel arrived.

on the bright side, you can always say that Quinnie only had 2 days of practice like you say for the Bronc's game.

It can't be denied that he will only have a coupld of days with the first team. But when the browns lose this game it will not be because of Brady Quinn, it will be because of the fact that as a team the browns have many problems. 1st and foremost is the defense. But I've read enough from you to know that you will blame one person becasue your Oregon boy is not in there.

on the bright side, you can always say that Quinnie only had 2 days of practice like you say for the Bronc's game.

Right! Whew! Prozac idea on hold then.

Thanks Lum. :)

I just wish Mangini would come out and say "F-it. Quinn is the QB and the first play is to Jamal behind Thomas. Try and stop it. On 1!".

It can't be denied that he will only have a coupld of days with the first team. But when the browns lose this game it will not be because of Brady Quinn, it will be because of the fact that as a team the browns have many problems. 1st and foremost is the defense. But I've read enough from you to know that you will blame one person becasue your Oregon boy is not in there.

Why does everyone think that these midwest panzies are going to win i dont see it and our defense is better than you think next weeks nfl news is going to be buzzing about 2 upsets first the titans will beat the stoolers and the browns will beat the viqueens..

Why does everyone think that these midwest panzies are going to win i dont see it and our defense is better than you think next weeks nfl news is going to be buzzing about 2 upsets first the titans will beat the stoolers and the browns will beat the viqueens..

Now this is not intended as smack. You might not like it though. I think you guys will be lucky to win 4 games with the defense I saw in the preseason. Maybe that will change when you get your starting NT in the game, but I'll have to see that to believe it.

What about the fact that we showed the most vanila defenses I have ever seen in the pre-season?

I actually think Minn will give us some trouble this week. But this defense will improve as the season goes on.

We'll win 6 games for sure. 9 tops.

I'd actually really like to see that. But all teams put out a vanilla defense in the preseason. Still, what I saw from you guys on defense (I did not see the third game) was horrid. It had little to do with vanilla and everything to do with players getting beat.

Ok let's go through this then

Who did we lose in the off season from the same defense that helped this team win 4 games last season? Andre Davis? He makes that big of a difference?

next do you know any of the players we picked up? any names at all?

next do you believe Mangini can be a better coach than Crennel?

Is our schedule easier or harder than last year?

if you answer all those questions honestly. I am not sure how you can be certain we won't win more games than last year.

Again i am not one of those fans who is predicting 12 wins and the playoffs. I think 6-8 is more likely. and 9 at the most.

I know the browns team very well.

I don't even understand what you are trying to imply about losing Davis. Is that supposed to make a bad defense better?

Those guys you picked up will take a year or two be be productive. Rob Ryan better do something better than I saw in the preseason. He better do something better than he did in Oakland for the past three years too. His run defense there was horrible. Just like what I saw this preseason. You guys are still trying to run a 3-4 but it will be interesting to see what Ryan does with the 4-6 defense.

Shaun Rogers and your inside linebacker D'Qwell Jackson are big names but will they get it done? Hard to say after Rogers sat out the entire preseason. It takes time to get up to game speed.

LB Eric Barton, Kenyon Coleman, S Abram Elam, LB David Bowens, CB Rod Hood, CB Corey Ivy? That will be a work in progress. Hank Poteat? LOL What player is going to make that big a difference? I did not see it at all this preseason and already have said I feel sorry for you guys because your offense might actually be ok.

Mangini better than Romeo? Well duh! It does not take much to be better than him. Mangini has his upside and from what players say, his downside as a coach. Time will tell but there is no way to look at him being there but a major improvement.

So maybe you will win more games than last year. I just did not see an improved defense from last year. If what you showed was really the defense minus Rogers, I think you will be lucky to win more than 4 games. I just don't think your offense can make up for the defensive weakness on the run.

I agree about your offense being better but you don't exactly have an easy schedule. And if the talent is better on defense than last season, I did not see it so far.

vs MINNESOTA VIKINGS

@ Denver Broncos

@ Baltimore Ravens

vs CINCINNATI BENGALS

@ Buffalo Bills

@ Pittsburgh Steelers

vs GREEN BAY PACKERS

@ Chicago Bears

vs BALTIMORE RAVENS

@ Detroit Lions

@ Cincinnati Bengals

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS

@ Kansas City Chiefs

vs OAKLAND RAIDERS

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

You could win the Denver game, the Bills game maybe, the lions, the raiders.

I think the rest are losses with the possibility of you beating the ravens or the bungles once.

What games do you think you win?

the guy has NO EMOTION

I bet you werent whining like that when the Jets were on a roll before favre put it in the clunker

Mangini's football knowledge separates him from RAC????????????

Romeo is one of the most respected football minds in the NFL... He failed at the head coaching position but so did LeBeau when he was in Cincy but the last time I checked LeBeau went on to win 2 super bowls for 2 different head coaches...

To accuse Romeo of having poor football knowledge is idiotic to say the least.......

Peace

T.Dawg

the guy has NO EMOTION

Gee, sounded to me like he had a ton of emotion when I was in his locker-room. He's a calm sideline coach. His philosophy is that calm minds make calm decisions. Your "unimaginative" play calling comes from the fact that they had to take out half of the presnap stuff for Hayseed Favre last year.

When Favre threw the pick in Oakland with under two minutes? No way the Jets were getting the ball back. Mangini managed his time and his defense to get the ball back for a final drive to tie and send it to OT.

Against Belicheat in prime time....he forced Belicheat to burn two first half time outs by OUTCOACHING him and that wound up being a factor.

You see it differently and that's your prerogative. Go enjoy Rex and move ON dude.....

Archived