THE BROWNS BOARD

Viking's CB Winfield just interviewed on STO...

Koa

In the midst of Mary Kay branding Quinn as our starter, Bruce Drennan just asked Antoine Winfield via phone interview, "You guys were obviously prepping for Quinn anyway right?!"

Well, the answer was somewhat amusing to me.

Winfield admitted the Vikings have been spending practice time prepping for both just to be safe and now that Quinn's status has been released the focus will shift towards him the next two days.

Even if that gave us an irrelevant amount of competitive advantage, it seems that our coach accomplished what was intended by withholding information. Kudos Mangini

In the midst of Mary Kay branding Quinn as our starter, Bruce Drennan just asked Antoine Winfield via phone interview, "You guys were obviously prepping for Quinn anyway right?!"

Well, the answer was somewhat amusing to me.

Winfield admitted the Viking's have been spending practice time prepping for both just to be safe and now that Quinn's status has been released the focus will shift towards him the next two days.

Even if that gave us an irrelevant amount of competitive advantage, it seems that our coach accomplished what was intended by withholding information. Kudos Mangini

Good luck with that. lmao

All the Browns need to do is to win the game, and Mangini's move will look genius.

But::no matter who the Browns QB was going to be, that QB wasn't going to play defense and try to tackle Adrian Peterson. You saw how Tennessee walked all over the Browns D with their running game. If the Browns lose it will be primarily attributable to their failing to stop the Vikings running game, nothing to do with the QBs.

All the Browns need to do is to win the game, and Mangini's move will look genius.

But::no matter who the Browns QB was going to be, that QB wasn't going to play defense and try to tackle Adrian Peterson. You saw how Tennessee walked all over the Browns D with their running game. If the Browns lose it will be primarily attributable to their failing to stop the Vikings running game, nothing to do with the QBs.

Regarding TEN wallking all over the Browns D with their running game, I have to assume you are talking about last season. Because in the preseason game a few weeks ago, TEN's passing game is what walked all over the Browns, not the running game.

But you are completely right. The game Sunday is going to be decided by CLE ability (or lack there of) to stop the run.

Regarding TEN wallking all over the Browns D with their running game, I have to assume you are talking about last season. Because in the preseason game a few weeks ago, TEN's passing game is what walked all over the Browns, not the running game.

But you are completely right. The game Sunday is going to be decided by CLE ability (or lack there of) to stop the run.

Actually I think you could say it about both games. Which game was it that they gave up over 100 yards to rookie Terrel Sutton in like a single half?

Hopefully with Shaun Rogers back in the middle, and these JetBrowns at LB the run defense will be far improved. With the best runner in the NFL coming to town this week the proof will be in the puddin'

Actually I think you could say it about both games. Which game was it that they gave up over 100 yards to rookie Terrel Sutton in like a single half?

Hopefully with Shaun Rogers back in the middle, and these JetBrowns at LB the run defense will be far improved. With the best runner in the NFL coming to town this week the proof will be in the puddin'

The GB game was Sutton (that was in 3rd stringer time). But CLE 1st team wasnt' stopping the run either.

In the TEN preseason game, CLE didn't even give up 100 yards total on the ground. But it was preseason after all.

This week is the real test, as you noted. Can't get much better of a bench mark game for CLE's run D this year.

The GB game was Sutton (that was in 3rd stringer time). But CLE 1st team wasnt' stopping the run either.

In the TEN preseason game, CLE didn't even give up 100 yards total on the ground. But it was preseason after all.

This week is the real test, as you noted. Can't get much better of a bench mark game for CLE's run D this year.

OK, I knew they got run over in one of their games. Sutton is from Hoban isn't he? or is it Buchtel. One of the Akron schools. Of course Beanie Wells is from Garfield. There could be some good Akron area rookie running backs in the league this year.

This post does not even make any sense....you fail on so many levels. Is it steeler's week yet? These vikings trolls suck ass

OH? You think the intellect level of the discourse will vastly improve when Steeler trolls get on here? What star system does your planet revolve around?

OH? You think the intellect level of the discourse will vastly improve when Steeler trolls get on here? What star system does your planet revolve around?

No no no....they will still be unintelligent, but at least their posts are relevant to the topic and sometimes make me chuckle...these vikings trolls are just boring.

Archived