THE BROWNS BOARD

~  AND  ~   🏈   only  204 days  and now 92 ? 57 ? 32 ? 19 ? YES really ! And still counting...  🏈   ....​​​​​​​🔥

syd

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Donny Iris is ok, I was just making fun of him because he's from Pittsburgh, and MS is from Cleveland. 

well it's been a drinking day and have been going down the youtube rabbit hole of noam chomsky and charles bukowski

Go Browns

9 hours ago, syd said:

189 day's

on this date youngstown native Ray Boom Boom Mancini was born

Oh yes the forever famous  Ray " Boom-Boom " Mancini one of the best of many good Championship fighters to come out of Youngstown. 

He's still doing a lot of commercials and other fighting and other promotions in this area.  I worked with boom book's trainer's brother Terry in a mill I was at in the early 1980s, cool guy.  Some great years followed by many others in that run.  When I was back at YSU 1979-1985 we go to class then head down to Inner Circle Pizza for a few pitchers and pizza ......  and watch the fights.   Great times !

Always one or more of them on a boxing channel, HBO, ESPN, SHOWTIME and PPV.

• Like 1

It's 16 days before I have to finally decide if I want to send off $4500 to the Browns to renew my season tickets.  It's finally reached the point where I am weighing if the money spent is worth the enjoyment I receive.

As a kid who grew up in Bay Village, a western suburb, I do gain enjoyment of going up, and the gameday experience is good. I do gain enjoyment from saying I am a season ticket holder.    But I could just get tickets aftermarket for $300 a pop  X 2 and still go to 5 games for less money.  

I also have to consider I am getting older and the trip up and back isn't as easy as it once was.  It's a 585 mile drive each way.  I also have to consider that for every dollar spent on the tickets, I spend that again on gas, hotels, meals, etc.  Shoot, even more.  Hotels 3 nights a trip.  A dent hotel might run $110 a night if you are lucky.  Add in tax call it $150 a night.  Add in all the other, probably near $1000 a game X 7-8 games.

20 hours ago, ballpeen said:

It's 16 days before I have to finally decide if I want to send off $4500 to the Browns to renew my season tickets.  It's finally reached the point where I am weighing if the money spent is worth the enjoyment I receive.

As a kid who grew up in Bay Village, a western suburb, I do gain enjoyment of going up, and the gameday experience is good. I do gain enjoyment from saying I am a season ticket holder.    But I could just get tickets aftermarket for $300 a pop  X 2 and still go to 5 games for less money.  

I also have to consider I am getting older and the trip up and back isn't as easy as it once was.  It's a 585 mile drive each way.  I also have to consider that for every dollar spent on the tickets, I spend that again on gas, hotels, meals, etc.  Shoot, even more.  Hotels 3 nights a trip.  A dent hotel might run $110 a night if you are lucky.  Add in tax call it $150 a night.  Add in all the other, probably near $1000 a game X 7-8 games.

with what you are spending couldn't you  just get a apartment in Cleveland if you dumped the season tickets ?  and then you could just rent the place out after the season is over 

23 hours ago, ballpeen said:

A serious thing to consider every single year.  

For $4,500 you could get a nice TV,  stereo, new computer, and maybe a few more toys to use for all  52  weeks, year after year. 

Food for thought.    🌭🌭     :huh:

8 hours ago, syd said:

with what you are spending couldn't you  just get a apartment in Cleveland if you dumped the season tickets ?  and then you could just rent the place out after the season is over 

I have thought about that.  Keeping the tickets but eliminating the hotels would be the plan.

My wife and i sold our house in Chattanooga 1.5 years ago.  prices were high and we were ready to be apartment dewllers after owning homes the last 40+ years, so we now live in an apartment here.  There are hassles with owing that we no longer have.  We are just the 2 of us now so we don't need the 3800 sq ft house on the lake anymore.  Apartment living is perfect.  We have also rented an apartment in Venice, Florida as a get away.  I couldn't talk her in to doing it in Cleveland.  

Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice, so we need to a place to stay down there since we go about every 4-5 weeks.  She needs some help, so this gives us the place to stay.  I don't want to deal with apartments from Cleveland, Ohio down to Venice and a point in between.  We are doing just fine, but that doesn't fit the budget  without  digging in to things we don't want to dig in to or digging in to the things we plan to use faster than we plan to use them.

I'll probably just keep the tickets.  I like being a season ticket holder.  I also fear that as soon as i dump them, the team will take off.  That would piss me off.  If they flop this year, that will be the signal.  I may just go up to fewer games.  Maybe try to sell a few games. 

I have tried that in the past, but have always priced them in line with what other people in the section were pricing them.  Screw that.  I'll piss people off, but i will stick them up for face value plus $10(to cover the transaction fee)

14 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I have thought about that.  Keeping the tickets but eliminating the hotels would be the plan.

My wife and i sold our house in Chattanooga 1.5 years ago.  prices were high and we were ready to be apartment dewllers after owning homes the last 40+ years, so we now live in an apartment here.  There are hassles with owing that we no longer have.  We are just the 2 of us now so we don't need the 3800 sq ft house on the lake anymore.  Apartment living is perfect.  We have also rented an apartment in Venice, Florida as a get away.  I couldn't talk her in to doing it in Cleveland.  

Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice, so we need to a place to stay down there since we go about every 4-5 weeks.  She needs some help, so this gives us the place to stay.  I don't want to deal with apartments from Cleveland, Ohio down to Venice and a point in between.  We are doing just fine, but that doesn't fit the budget  without  digging in to things we don't want to dig in to or digging in to the things we plan to use faster than we plan to use them.

I'll probably just keep the tickets.  I like being a season ticket holder.  I also fear that as soon as i dump them, the team will take off.  That would piss me off.  If they flop this year, that will be the signal.  I may just go up to fewer games.  Maybe try to sell a few games. 

I have tried that in the past, but have always priced them in line with what other people in the section were pricing them.  Screw that.  I'll piss people off, but i will stick them up for face value plus $10(to cover the transaction fee)

we have talked about renting a place in Cleveland for the season but i have been gone so long i have no idea where(a safe place) or how much it would cost

15 hours ago, ballpeen said:

All the kinds of things that we retired people try to balance it can be fun ..... balancing your life styles and living requirements   -and-  everything else that goes along with that.   That includes leisure time activities like following our BROWNS  which can be a challenge at times.   :lol:

At 72 and 66 we're pretty well set up in our 3 BR  "forever"  home at least for the next 10+ or so years.  I don't know exactly what the below 50 or 40 or whatever are going to do ..... a real challenge for the financial planning for them.  Good luck. 

Edited by mjp28
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

At 72 and 66 we're pretty well set up in our 3 BR  "forever"  home at least for the next 10+ or so years.  I don't know exactly what the below 50 or 40 or whatever are going to do ..... a real challenge for the financial planning for them.  Good luck. 

Heroin.

We're going to sell heroin. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Heroin.

We're going to sell heroin. 

Nice to have a good financial plan all well thought out.     :)

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2023 at 4:49 PM, mjp28 said:

All the kinds of things that we retired people try to balance it can be fun ..... balancing your life styles and living requirements   -and-  everything else that goes along with that.   That includes leisure time activities like following our BROWNS  which can be a challenge at times.   :lol:

ill be 59 in july ha i thought i was gonna be 61 (maybe i do need a calculator) but the good news is i got 2 years younger and at the end of the year I retire and if i have questions ill look ya up