THE BROWNS BOARD

💕 ▪︎ GUARDIANS 2023 ★ FIRST HALF ★ 4/1/23 to 7/13/23 ♥︎ ■ NOW unlocked .... to look back.

mjp28

Game 15 -  1st inning  WAS (4-10) gets up  3-0 just like yesterday   -but-  but CLE (8-6) answers back  3-1.  Hmmmm.   :)

▪︎ Bottom 9th -  CLE (9-6) 6  WAS (4-11) 4, and Clase in for the save.   And ballgame !   It was another great comeback game.  

★ Game 16  -   Sunday April  16,    first pitch at 1:05 pm EDST.   ▪︎ Starting pitchers  Shane Beiber   versus. Corbin.    :D

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>        ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>

★  GAME 15 SUMMARY.  

CLE

WSH

H  
E
CLE    6
WAS  4

Game 16 - Game 3 of 3,  CLE going for the series sweep.  What a game..... so far.  21,939 there,  21,909 yesterday. 

CLE 6   WAS 5,  Bottom 8.  Was was up 2 bottom 2,  CLE took the lead in the 3rd and was up CLE 6-3,  WAS got a 2R HR/ now a contested call ...NO ???   Crap.  Blocked plate ?     6-6  still bottom 8th.  Stepping in to pitch.

CLE 6    WAS 6  to the top of the 9th.   :o  

Well you saw what happened  ▪︎ WAS 7   CLE 6  final,  close three games. 

◆  Next up three in Detroit   see you there .     GO GUARDIANS  !        :D

A tarp covers the field at Comerica Park as fans wait for the start of the baseball game between the Detroit Tigers and the San Francisco Giants, Sunday, April 16, 2023, in Detroit.

A tarp covers the field at Comerica Park as fans wait for the start of the baseball game between the Detroit Tigers and the San Francisco Giants, Sunday, April 16, 2023, in Detroit. (Carlos Osorio, The Associated Press 2023)

DETROIT – The Detroit Tigers game vs. the Cleveland Guardians on Monday has been postponed due to weather, and a doubleheader is scheduled for Tuesday.  

▪︎ After four days of summer-like weather in Southeast Michigan, two straight Tigers games have been wiped out by stormy conditions. Sunday’s game was delayed for about five hours before being officially called off, but Monday’s decision was made much earlier.

◆  Detroit and Cleveland are scheduled to play a straight doubleheader Tuesday, with the

▪︎ First game starting at 1:10 p.m. and the. ▪︎ Second starting 45 minutes after the first ends.

▪︎ Hunter Gaddis and Matthew Boyd were the projected starting pitchers for Monday’s game, with :

▪︎ Peyton Battenfield and Eduardo Rodriguez on tap for Game 2. Boyd’s start has now been pushed back two days in a row, as he was originally set to face the San Francisco Giants on Sunday.

Detroit is on a three-game winning streak after starting the season 2-9. They earned two straight walk-off wins over the Giants on Friday and Saturday.

◆  Cleveland 9-7, just one game behind the Minnesota Twins in the AL Central.

Holy smokes !  The Guardians (now 9-9) lost a doubleheader to Detroit  4-3  and  1-0.  The getaway game is Wednesday at 1:10 pm EDST.      :o

Some interesting games [ all 3 games ] coming up at home verses MIA and COL.  leading to the BIG away series verses  BOS   -and-    NYY.

Catch you [ ** FRIDAY  APRIL 21  ]     GO GUARDIANS  !

Screenshot_2023-04-18_215714.jpg

Game 19 - CLE (9-9) at DET ( - )  

Top 9  CLE 3   DET 2,  ★  What a finish in progress.... Bottom 6 CLE 3-0....,  Bottom 7 CLE 3-1 .... Bottom 8  CLE 3-2.

Bottom 9  CLE 3  DET  2.    Yes another one run game in progress.   ---> Clase in. Base hit. Another hit.  Fly out.  WHEW POP OUT !   And .... pop out to LF !      CLE NOW (10-9)   What an incredible 1-2 series for the Guardians. 

[ THURS OFF  ]  And then back to a (3) game series against Miami followed by a (3) game series against Colorado.    ★ SEE YOU  [ * FRIDAY APRIL 21  ]              :D             GO  (10-9) GUARDIANS  !

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>        <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎     And in the   [ Doubleheader Saturday  ]  not too good.

Game 1  -  MIA 3   CLE 2   -and-  Game 2 -  MIA 6  CLE 1.     The Sled-barrians only scored  ( 3 ) total runs in  ( 16 )  innings of major league baseball  - OUCH !!  

Better luck in the Game 3  series clincher.        GO like hell GUARDIANS  (10-11)  ...... and score some more  runs would be helpful too.    :huh: 

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>         <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Top 8  -  CLE 6   MIA 4,  all of a sudden a scoring fest in Cleveland.   And MIA has only one more (guaranteed)  at bat.

CLE 6   MIA 4  final.  The Guardians are now an (11-11) team.   

★  See you tomorrow Monday April 24  for (3) games vs Colorado  at 6, 6 and 1.  And have a great afternoon  everybody.      :D

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ 2023 GUARDIANS game by game highlights 4/1 to today ! ★ Your input is welcome ! ★

Game 1 -  COL 6   CLE 0,  Cleveland (11-12), 2nd to MIN (13-11)  back in their low or NO  scoring funk,  even in the weak ALC.  Maybe the  weakest  in MLB  remember too everything is relevant depending on the other teams and divisions. 

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>        <~▪︎~▪︎~~~▪︎

Game 2 -  Tuesday versus COL  (7-17) in the   tough  NLW,  at  6 pm.   Good spot to start winning two.    GO GUARDIANS  !

Game  3 -  Wednesday the  1 pm  "get-away" day game.

◆◇◆◇       ▪︎  AL Standings  as of noon April 25  ▪︎  

51 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Indians in a mini slump.  Need to get rid of that stupid Guardians name.

I've tried but after a lifetime of the natural and non-offensive  (to me) Cleveland Indians I just can't get get that Guardians name to stick ...... at all.  

• Upvote 1

Game 2 -  Tuesday versus COL  (7-17) in the   tough  NLW,  at  6 pm.   Good spot to start winning two.    GO GUARDIANS  !   And only  45° gametime  !     UH-OH !  COL 1-0,  a leadoff HR.   

COL 5   CLE 1  final.  Well the   "GUARDIANS "   laid another stink bomb at the    "PROGRESSIVE "    tonight,  no box necessary. 

it was COL 1-0, the next time that I looked up  COL 4-0,  well   COL 5,  you know the rest.  COL  "stinks" folks, not the NYY, HOU.

" NEWS FLASH "   The Guardians are   (3-8)   at  PROGRESSIVE   in 2023.   Here's an idea,  change the field name.   :lol:

..........   OK rant over for 2023 ..........        (post big baseball)  check.

Terry Francona  knows exactly what to do,  win in Game 3 at 1:10 first pitch.   That is all.

Terry Francona  knows exactly what to do,  win in Game 3 at 1:10 first pitch.   That is all.

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>          <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Game 3 of 3  -  CLE  4 - 1   Final.    Well  CLE  (12-13)  settles down to pull put a needed win at home verses lowly COL.

OFF THUR  before going to  (3)  each against BOS  -and-  those damn NYY.    Cleveland  (12-13,  4-8 home)  will start  Beiber,  Plesac and Quantrill versus BOS.

And then the youngsters  Battenfield,  Bibee  and back to Beiber versus the Yankees in the Finale before the next THUR MAY 4 OFF.

♥︎   And Terry just knows,  he just does.      See you Friday in Beantown.        Have a good afternoon everyone.            :D

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ 2023 GUARDIANS game by game highlights 4/1 up to today. ★ Your input is welcome. ★

Game 1  -  Friday  at BOS  7:10 pm.   Starting pitchers  Shane Beiber  versus Pivetta.   CLE 5   BOS 2  Final.  Beiber sharp !

Game 2  -  Saturday CLE (13-13) at BOS (13-14)  4:10 pm..... in much different divisions !

Game  3  -  Sunday  at BOS  1:35 pm.

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>        <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~•

Screenshot_2023-04-28_234518.jpg

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>        <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Game 2  -  Saturday CLE (13-13) at BOS (13-14)  4:10 pm..... in much different divisions !

BOS 5   CLE 1,  top 5.  One HR for each team.  Guardians needs runs ..... again. 

CLE 7   BOS 6, Bottom 10...... crap 7-7.     BOS 8-7  bottom 10,  final.    ▪︎ See you Sunday at  1:35 pm EDST !   :o

~ Have a good evening . ~

...... Now on to my garden salad with  Briana's Buttermilk Ranch dressing  &  my wife's delicious homemade  ricotta pasta and a meat sauce.    Catch you later.   It's so nice to eat well.

On my last MD visit my A1C dropped to 5.6  -great !    My basic numbers are good even my weight is less than when I was 178 in 12th grade.   If only these knee/hip infection numbers would get more in line ..... oh well.   Time to BON APPÉTIT  !   :D

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>        <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Game  3  -  Sunday  at BOS  1:35 pm.   Starting pitchers  Allen  versus  Sale,  The rubber match before going to  NYY (3).   

GO GUARDIANS !   .....  ◆  Well  BOS takes the 3 game series 2-1  with a   7-1  Game 3 finish.   The Guardians scattered 4 hits Rosario gets the  1 RBI.   ..... ◆  The team is on their way to NY  to play the next (3) versus the Yankees all at 7:05  pm.     :D

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>         <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Screenshot_2023-04-30_161455.jpg

Game 1  -  can you believe this one ?   CLE 3   NYY 2,  final.   

8 minutes ago, Axe said:

The problem is, the AL central is shit....

One team slightly north of .500 as I type this

No I got a notification of a report to the administrator like somebody posted spam or dirty pictures or some shit. I don't know what it was about and still don't.

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Hey Mike where are you?

WSS

Steve,  big surprise they admitted me to the hospital EARLY on WEDNESDAY 5/3 and I don't know for exactly how long.  UTI infection stuff.

And my 5/8 through 5/10 trip might get postponed......again.  I just got online today in the St E system.    

Oh well but I still should know something by Fri  ..... I hope .   mjp.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Axe said:

The problem is, the AL central is shit....

One team slightly north of .500 as I type this

The ALC  is the weakest division in all of MLB, period.   Amazing that the Guardians were 5-2 on their initial road trip out West. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Steve,  big surprise they admitted me to the hospital EARLY on WEDNESDAY 5/3 and I don't know for exactly how long.  UTI infection stuff.

And my 5/8 through 5/10 trip might get postponed......again.  I just got online today in the St E system.    

Wow! Keep us informed my friend!

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

stay strong my friend

On 5/4/2023 at 7:39 PM, syd said:

stay strong my friend

Well I might get home Saturday,  will know Saturday. 

Meanwhile  MIN 2-0 bottom 7,  Guardians need runs  what else is new ?   Tonight's game on Apple TV+.

And the upcoming games  :

Screenshot_2023-05-05_203855.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 8:43 PM, mjp28 said:

Well I might get ho me Saturday,  will know Saturday.  ........ NOPE,   STUCK HERE UNTIL SUNDAY AT LEAST  ..........   CONTINUED  .......

Meanwhile  MIN 2-0 o bottom 7,  Guardians need runs  what else is new ?   Tonight's game on Apple TV+.

And the upcoming games 

.......  Well unfortunately my ID doctor  (Infectious Disease  doctor)   was waiting for  ONE   more indicator that just wasn't ready  SO I got stuck in the hospital for  ONE  more day.   Hopefully it will be there Sunday and I can leave then.   Geezzz.   The gram  NEGATIVE or POSITIVE  so he will know exactly what antibiotic to send me home with. 

The life of a  " bug doctor ".

Meanwhile 3-3 tied mid 7th.   OH.  SWAN HR.  CLE 4-3 !

Screenshot_2023-05-05_203855.jpg

I should be discharged Saturday afternoon   -and-   hopefully not be back in the hospital at all next week .......... hopefully.   NOPE !  still here and  watching  ......

Game 2 of 3  -   MIN (19-14)  at  CLE (14-18)  first pitch   6:10 pm.    Starting pitchers  Gray  verses  Allen.        PLAY BALL !       

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>           <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Meanwhile 3-3 tied mid 7th.   OH.  QWAN HR  #1.   CLE 4-3 !

CLE  (15-18)  4      MIN  (19-15)   3     FINAL  !    WHEW  !       Needed that one. 

◆  Rubber game tomorrow  at   1:40  pm,   see you then !      GO GUARDIANS.     Enjoy your Saturday evening.      :D   

......   ★★★ .....  AND WHAT A GAME  IT WAS    !  !     ALMOST  A  NO  HITTER.    Quantrill was smokin'.

FINAL

0  <--  9 ZEROS  ... you never know what you might see on any given day/or/ night. 

X

R
H
E.      AND THE BOX TOO !
0|<-- Guardians 2R 8H

R
H
E
0<--  ONLY 1 HIT !

L:   Ryan.  5 - 1|2.45 ERA.   Clase. SAVE.  12MLB.TVWrapBoxStory

Game  1  -  * DET (15-18)  at  CLE (16-18 ).  First pitch  6:10 pm,  Starting pitchers  -  Lotenzen  versus  Bibee ..... the Guardians'   "Killer Bees "    :lol:

Game   2  - DET (16-19*)  at  * CLE (* W 17-19).   First pitch  6:10 pm,  Starting  pitchers  -  Wentz   versus   Beiber (W)

Game  3  -  DET (xx-xx)  at  CLE  (16-18).   First pitch   1:10 pm.  Starting pitchers  -  Rodriguez   verses  *Battenfield 

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>             <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎.

Game  1 of 3  fighting for the top spots in the close  ALC tonight at 6:10 pm.  Now   1. MIN  2. DET 3.CLE  4.CSX  5. KC   -and-     PLAY  BALL  !     

Top 3rd  -  DET 3   CLE 1.   Now bottom 3..... -and- ......    * DET  6   CLE  2    Final.   Detroit is ahead of Cleveland again in 2023.

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>           <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Game  2 of 3.    CLE 2   DET 0   FINAL !!   Another great game by Bieber tonight,  9 Ks through 7 and BP shutout. 

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Game  3 of 3   DET  at  CLE,  1:10 PM ET.  BSDET, BSGL, MLBN.  Rodriguez, Ed     vs  .Battenfield.  See you then ..... after my 1  doctor's appointment, beginon radio game.    Should be home before  3 pm.   🙂

Game  3 of 3   DET  at  CLE,  1:10 PM ET.  BSDET, BSGL, MLBN.  Rodriguez, Ed     vs  .Battenfield.  See you then ..... after my 1  doctor's appointment, beginon radio game.    Should be home before  3 pm.   🙂          ~  Doctor's appointment   CANCELED  !  ~            PLAY  BALL  !            Woo-hoo  !    

SO .....      DET 2   CLE 0 in the 1st inning.       

DET 5   CLE  -0-  mid 3,   geeezzzus h Christmas already.    A couple great games then  -thud-.  

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎.         ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

★★★ This game is being broadcast on the   ▪︎ AFN ▪︎  Armed Forces Network across the land and sea. ★★★  Quite an honor. 

....... and the Guardians leave the bases loaded, end 4.   Still  DET 5-0.      😞      

Oh well.  Moving along.  

DET still up 5-0 top 9,  Eli Morgan pitching versus the Tigers.   BOTTOM 9 NOW.

~  Upcoming  Guardians  Schedule  ~    OFF THURSDAY  5/11  and  then  MONDAY  5/15  -  before  (3) at CSX  and  (3)  at  NYM

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>     Meanwhile  up next the (17-20)  Guardians  start  this  Friday with  .....

Game 1  - LAA (20-18)  at  CLE ( 17-20)  Friday first pitch   7:10 pm.    Starting pitchers  ◆ Anderson   versus  Allen 

Game 2  - LAA (20-20)  at  CLE  (17-20)  Saturday first pitch  6:10 pm.  Starting pitchers ◆ Detmers. versus  Quantrill 

Game 3  -  LAA (20-20)  at. CLE (18-20)  Sunday  first pitch  11:35 AM -  on peacock tv  ◆  pitchers  Sandoval  vs. Bibee

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>          <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

images (10).jpeg

Game 1  - Fri 5/12  - LAA (20-18)  at  CLE ( 17-20)  Friday first pitch   7:10 pm.    Starting pitchers for  LAA Anderson   versus for CLE  Allen.

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎     🏈     <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

3-3  top 6,  close game.  Guardians got off the hook LAA bases loaded hit in DP in 5th.

3-3  bottom 8,  still close waiting for a big play. 

LAA  5    CLE  4  the Guardians lost this one in the 9th inning,   Clase got the BS and loss.

Game 2  - LAA (21-18 .538)  at  CLE  (17-21 .447)  Saturday first pitch  6:10 pm.  Pitchers ◆ Detmers versus  Quantrill..... Time to get one back !

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎     🏈     ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎▪︎

CLE 7   LAA 6  bottom 8,  Naylor a 3R HR ...... then 8-6 on a single HR.     WOW.

CLE  8   LAA  6   FINAL !   OH YES  what a great 8th & 9th innings.  See you tomorrow, ★  on peacock tv  at   11:35  am .   Good evening everyone.  :D

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>    :mellow:    <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Game 3  -  a  11:35 am. Peacock TV game.  A  "Hammy radio game "  for me today. 

CLE 1   LAA 0 with only  -2-  hits through 7 innings.   Bibee  has been fantastic !          Now  1-1   mid 8.      :o    

CLE 4    LAA 3,   FINAL,   BALLGAME  !      Yeah baby,  Josh Naylor comes through again with his 3rd  straight   3R HR  IN THE 8th inning.  Amazing. 

What an amazing series  CLE 2-1,  couldn't been 3-0 ..... but I'll take it.    And 23,375 saw it.    Whew  !!    OFF MONDAY  then off to Chicago. 

..... Enjoy your Sunday afternoon and evening.                And  ♥︎  Happy Mother's Day !  ♥︎