http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4459220

Sources: Marshall, Broncos talking

Comment Email Print Share

By Adam Schefter

ESPN

Archive

Marshall

Marshall

Despite their stormy relationship, the Denver Broncos are now exploring the possibility of giving a contract extension to wide receiver Brandon Marshall, two league sources ESPN on Wednesday.

The potential new deal would put Marshall's salary more in line with some of the game's other highly paid receivers.

Due to the fact he has been unable to get a long-term deal, Marshall has been clinging to the hopes that Denver would deal him. But now, in a new approach, the deal Denver might make is not for Marshall, but rather with Marshall.

The fact that they are even talking is an encouraging sign, sources said, and there is some optimism that a deal could be struck that could keep Marshall in Denver long term.

If the Broncos go through with this and give him a new contract then they are the dumbest franchise in the history of sports. To give in to this moron would be detrimental to the franchise and another huge hit on Josh McDaniels. I hope to God they don't give in to him because if they do, I will lose what little respect I still have for them.

If the Broncos go through with this and give him a new contract then they are the dumbest franchise in the history of sports. To give in to this moron would be detrimental to the franchise and another huge hit on Josh McDaniels. I hope to God they don't give in to him because if they do, I will lose what little respect I still have for them.

I don't know, Marshall's BS was all gamesmanship in order to get a new extended deal. It has now worked out and they will all hug and be happy because they are getting paid millions. I think, and hope, that the Broncos will be sucko this year....it would do that bunch good, but this was all just a game.

And now Richard Seymour who has been traded from New England to Oakland is pretty much playing the same game. He can cry about being forlorn about leaving New England and/or about going to a "rebuilding" franchise like the Raiders, but, rest assured, bottom line, it is all about him doing what he thinks he can get away with to come out with more cash.

Lets hope they do it

Archived