THE BROWNS BOARD

'PROMISE?' Biden says he's not coming back home to America, 'staying' in Ireland

Vambo

On 4/14/2023 at 9:49 AM, Vambo said:

I've been watching a fair amount of his  "reports from Ireland "  and am 98.6% to 99.98% sure he's just kidding on this. 

And I wouldn't bet on the 1.4% to 0.02% either.     He does like to occasionally kid and like to tell jokes. 

He's also being well received  in Ireland on this trip.   PERSONALLY ID BET he would like to stay there and not have to return and deal with all of the steadily increasing problems here ..... again MY OPTION ONLY.   :lol:

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

PERSONALLY ID BET he would like to stay there and not have to return and deal with all of the steadily increasing problems here ..... again MY OPTION ONLY.   :lol:

Problems he caused.. And I'm guessing you meant opinion, not option.

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I've been watching a fair amount of his  "reports from Ireland "  and am 98.6% to 99.98% sure he's just kidding on this. 

And I wouldn't bet on the 1.4% to 0.02% either.     He does like to occasionally kid and like to tell jokes. 

He's also being well received  in Ireland on this trip.   PERSONALLY ID BET he would like to stay there and not have to return and deal with all of the steadily increasing problems here ..... again MY OPTION ONLY.   :lol:

Well yeah, him being mostly of Irish ancestry, a Catholic, and a demonrat is all it takes. To borrow the words from Biden himself that's a "big fuckin deal."

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Axe said:

Problems he caused.. And I'm guessing you meant opinion, not option.

Yes, thanks for the correction .... and .... another spellcheck correction which does happen.  Also I really don't often go back and check my work ...  especially late night stuff.    Hey it happens. 

My spelling and grammar have always been good  -but-  you can get lazy with these nice writing "tools".  And I've been out of grad school for 48 years you can get rusty.    *(and I made one spellcheck in this sentence and had to go back and correct it .... what a hassel.  Happens occasionally with capitalisation, verb tense and punctuation too. It's like having an English teacher watching you. )

Edited by mjp28

6 hours ago, FY56 said:

Well yeah, him being mostly of Irish ancestry, a Catholic, and a demonrat is all it takes. To borrow the words from Biden himself that's a "big fuckin deal."

No doubt about that on the President Joe O'Biden tour, biggest one since the President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and even President Barack Hussein O'bama Tours (they even loved Obama when he was here).  I remember a few times when Obama saying that his parents didn't do him any favors with that name .... especially the Hussein middle name.   Isn't the political life fun.    :lol:

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

hassle. LOL. sorry......

Showing results for hassle meaning
Search instead for hassel meaning.  

Yeah I guess I'm being spelling lazy today.      :huh:

....... edit .....  And  like I've always said you better circle these days because when I decide to get my wordsmith game going you will not beat me, that I'm sure about.        I think.        :lol:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes, thanks for the correction .... and .... another spellcheck correction which does happen.  Also I really don't often go back and check my work ...  especially late night stuff.    Hey it happens. 

My spelling and grammar have always been good  -but-  you can get lazy with these nice writing "tools".  And I've been out of grad school for 48 years you can get rusty.    *(and I made one spellcheck in this sentence and had to go back and correct it .... what a hassel.  Happens occasionally with capitalisation, verb tense and punctuation too. It's like having an English teacher watching you. )

In the United States, there is a preference for "capitalizing" over "capitalising" (99 to 1).

26 minutes ago, FY56 said:

In the United States, there is a preference for "capitalizing" over "capitalising" (99 to 1).

I actually debated on  z  or s  and ended up just picking one of them.   And where did you get the 99 to 1 stat ?  British or non ?  Finance or literature ?  All of those many tests ?  Normally I would use a ...z ...   here.   Kind of a take the shot kid, and I did, I picked one and took it !

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I actually debated on  z  or s  and ended up just picking one of them.   And where did you get the 99 to 1 stat ?  British or non ?  Finance or literature ?  All of those many tests ?  Normally I would use a ...z ...   here.   Kind of a take the shot kid, and I did, I picked one and took it !

"Capitalising" stuck out when I read your post. Despite the fact the word gets the red underline in spellcheck, I went and Googled "capitalizing or capitalising" anyway and got this:

Capitalizing and capitalising are both English terms. Capitalizing is predominantly used in 🇺🇸 American (US) English ( en-US ) while capitalising is predominantly used in 🇬🇧 British English (used in UK/AU/NZ) ( en-GB ). In the United States, there is a preference for "capitalizing" over "capitalising" (99 to 1).

6 hours ago, FY56 said:

"Capitalising" stuck out when I read your post. Despite the fact the word gets the red underline in spellcheck, I went and Googled "capitalizing or capitalising" anyway and got this:

Capitalizing and capitalising are both English terms. Capitalizing is predominantly used in 🇺🇸 American (US) English ( en-US ) while capitalising is predominantly used in 🇬🇧 British English (used in UK/AU/NZ) ( en-GB ). In the United States, there is a preference for "capitalizing" over "capitalising" (99 to 1).

OK believe it or not I saw one example with a (98.02 to 1.98 ratio).  And of course all of those tests that noone really remembers,  you just try to remember the most common case when you need to use it at 12:41 in the morning.   mjp.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

OK believe it or not I saw one example with a (98.02 to 1.98 ratio).  And of course all of those tests that noone really remembers,  you just try to remember the most common case when you need to use it at 12:41 in the morning.   mjp.

I actually did LOL with that one. When will you post something without errors? LOL 

Noone is not a word.  It's "no one"!

Thats another example of why English is screwed up,..."anyone" and "someone" are fine, but " noone"  is illegal! LOL