THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Team Captains

Guest Masters

Six players have been voted captain for the Browns. They are T Joe Thomas, RB Jamal Lewis (offense), LBs D'Qwell Jackson and Eric Barton (defense) and KR Josh Cribbs and PK Phil Dawson (special teams).

Looks like DA lost his other job too (sorry, couldn't resist)

The QB is basically a captain by default.

Lewis and JT are good choices. If Edwards was a pro, by now he'd be a captain.

My only concern: is this the type of rah rah Jamal stuff that is going to make him a Dildofer about accepting his demotion?

My only concern: is this the type of rah rah Jamal stuff that is going to make him a Dildofer about accepting his demotion?

I'd like to believe not. As opposed to Dilfer, Jamal is saying all the right things, and actually sounds excited about help a guy like Davis learn and grow. Of course Lewis got that same experience in BALT behind Priest Holmes. On top of that, everyone that has been around the team is saying the same of Jamal.

I'd like to believe not. As opposed to Dilfer, Jamal is saying all the right things, and actually sounds excited about help a guy like Davis learn and grow. Of course Lewis got that same experience in BALT behind Priest Holmes. On top of that, everyone that has been around the team is saying the same of Jamal.

We'll see Mik. I think he'll be a pro about it but trust me he won't be happy.

The key thing is it's going to be either Davis or Harrison or both taking over, and they're his boys.

We'll see Mik. I think he'll be a pro about it but trust me he won't be happy.

The key thing is it's going to be either Davis or Harrison or both taking over, and they're his boys.

I'd hope he wouldn't be happy about it. If he was, then he shouldn't be playing the game anymore. But yeah, I think he is going to be a complete pro about it.

I think Jamal knows his career is winding down and their isn't much of a market for a 30 year old RB, no matter what he did this year.

I get the whole captain thing, I understand what a C on your jersey means and why people would wanna be designated a captain. But please, nobody on this team is a captain yet. I havent seen anyone step up and get in Edwards face when hes all pissy about not getting the ball and stuff like that. Maybe Quinn will be the true captain of this team, but for now this means nothing to me. Go out and win games, and somebody steps up and actually leads this franchise, we shouldnt talk about captains. For this team, PROVE IT

I think Davis and Lewis being from the same High School might help Lewis in mentoring his replacement. Whether Davis replacing him this year or not is irrelevant, from all that I've read I think Jamal is taking the mentoring part of it seriously. On a side note Fraley lost is 'C' as well; more of an antidote than anything but I remember he was a vocal supporter of DA last year even after the move to BQ (spoke about it many times with Snyder on their Monday night show).

I get the whole captain thing, I understand what a C on your jersey means and why people would wanna be designated a captain. But please, nobody on this team is a captain yet. I havent seen anyone step up and get in Edwards face when hes all pissy about not getting the ball and stuff like that. Maybe Quinn will be the true captain of this team, but for now this means nothing to me. Go out and win games, and somebody steps up and actually leads this franchise, we shouldnt talk about captains. For this team, PROVE IT

What are you talking about.

I havent seen anyone step up and get in Edwards face when hes all pissy about not getting the ball and stuff like that.

And you never will. That is something that should only occur behind closed doors.

Gee and I notice the "washed up running back" that was gonna get cut was voted also.

He is washed up....tippytoe two yard needed to be cut. But it goes to show how bad our rb situation is when he's our captain... :unsure:

Hope he proves me 1000% wrong.... ;)

Six players have been voted captain for the Browns. They are T Joe Thomas, RB Jamal Lewis (offense), LBs D'Qwell Jackson and Eric Barton (defense) and KR Josh Cribbs and PK Phil Dawson (special teams).

Looks like DA lost his other job too (sorry, couldn't resist)

I'm just glad DA did not get voted as captain.. could you imagine???? the loser of the qb battle getting voted the captain.. This is also a team wide vote of confidence for Jamal.. Certainly they also see he still has it. If he were a weak link...they would not have voted for him.

Phil Dawson....does this guy just continue to garner respect or what? Every year this guy has the C on his resume. Good team guy and the best K we've had.

I think Jamal does the professional thing all the time. I expect him to be a captain - his offseason speaks for itself.

DQ and Barton I figured - these guys are bonding.

Good to see Joe Thomas as the quiet leader his mates respect. Says A LOT for this guy and this team.

All in all, I hope they're all buying into the TEAM concept, because these guys all bought in, IMO.

And my sleeper of the season - Cribbs. Look out for this guy @ WR. People laugh that he is the #2 WR. In a contract dispute his players voted him C. Yeah, that works for me if I am his agent. Good on you Josh. I want you're here your entire career!

Archived