THE BROWNS BOARD

Guardians acquire 6' 5" left-hander Steve Hajjar to complete Will Benson trade

mjp28

1. Guardians

Guardians acquire left-hander Steve Hajjar from Reds to complete Will Benson trade

• Published: Mar. 25, 2023, 10:25 p.m.
Cleveland Guardians vs. Baltimore Orioles, August 30, 2022 Former Guardians' No. 1 pick Will Benson.

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- The Guardians have acquired left-hander Steve Hajjar to complete the Will Benson trade.

The 6-5 Hajjar will report to minor league camp. He was a second round pick of the Twins in the 2021 draft out of the University of Michigan.

Recommended Guardians stories

The Reds acuired Hajjar in August of 2022 in the Tyler Mahle deal. He went 2-3 with a 3.61 ERA in 15 starts in the Twins and Reds minor league systems last year. He struck out 83 and walked 32 in 52 1/3 innings, while making three trips to the injured list because of a sore left shoulder.  --> CONTINUED-->  on Cleveland.com  or from paulhoynes

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Poor Will Benson, had a great spring training to make the big-team roster, goes 1-20 with 12 strikeouts with Reds, demoted back to the minors.

At 6' 5" I was wondering if he could hit and maybe play some outfield ?   Just wondering  I guess a big lanky LHP might be gold ..... someday.

• mjp28 unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...
On 4/17/2023 at 6:26 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Poor Will Benson, had a great spring training to make the big-team roster, goes 1-20 with 12 strikeouts with Reds, demoted back to the minors.

As a lifelong Reds fan, I appreciate the other Ohio team shipping us Benson. Dude looks to be a solid player for us the next couple of years

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

As a lifelong Reds fan, I appreciate the other Ohio team shipping us Benson. Dude looks to be a solid player for us the next couple of years

I haven't been keeping up with him, but the last time I looked him up he was still having a very nice year!

Sigh... he would have been a nice replacement for Straw.