THE BROWNS BOARD

Future Stars - Name One

For Texas A&M remember the name Taurean York, early enrollee and true freshman ILB I saw in the spring game looks like the 2nd coming of Dat Nguyen who was similar size at 6' 220. Smart (already named to football all-academic team in 1st semester), read plays instantly, quick and fast to the point of attack and blows up the player with sure tackling. Also so fast that he covered the slot and sometimes WR step for step on several plays.

So who do you name for other teams like OSU?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

That's a fairly solid Top 3 next draft..https://thedraftnetwork.com/nfl-draft-2024-rankings-too-early/  good mix of Aggie's too..

Most of our best will be sophs and true freshmen this year. I suspect the 2025 draft will have a lot of those sophs. Too good not to go pro.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 6:51 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Most of our best will be sophs and true freshmen this year. I suspect the 2025 draft will have a lot of those sophs. Too good not to go pro.

While we're on the subject of projecting from College Station, it looks like Mr MeAggies is an early favorite to be the 12th Man of the Year.  Stay tuned...

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

While we're on the subject of projecting from College Station, it looks like Mr MeAggies is an early favorite to be the 12th Man of the Year.  Stay tuned...

I dunno. My son in law ran into an Aggie last night in a restaurant near Dallas with a A&M Class of '69 baseball cap on. Introduced himself and asked if the man by any chance knew me. Turns out this was a very good friend that I went through Infantry School with and who went on to command a platoon and then company in the 75th Rangers in Vietnam. I know him well enough to have gotten his wife's recipe for buttermilk pie which I still use today. I ran into him in Nha Thrang when he first got into country and my only advice as a then 4 month vet was to keep his head down when shit was flyin'. Apparently he did. So I nominate him as 12th man of the year since he has lived in College Station from the time we both returned in 1971. Hope to go to a game with him this year. One of those unsung heroes. 👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My freshman LB Taurean York was named 247 Sports National True Freshman of the week for his play in their 200 total yd 3 points on a 53 yard FG shutdown of Auburn (Aub TD was defensive fumble return). He was sure tacking sideline to sideline and living in the backfield. Arky this coming week without our starting QB will be much more difficult. Defense will be on the field a lot more.