THE BROWNS BOARD

Keys to a Browns win

lambdo

we know DQ and Rogers will be gamers, who else is gunna step up?

Make Favre Beat us

Easier said then done vs. AP but I would rather load the box, take away Shiancoe underneathe and make Favre beat us over the top.

Francies vs Harvin

Interesting matchup in the slot, we'll see how our camp/preseason gem fares when it counts.

Smith and Coleman vs. Vikings Tackles

Will be very interesting battle on the edges, we've got to contain AP there, because open daylight and he's gone.

Quinn it to win it

We are not going to win any ground attack awards vs the Vikings, not with the Williams tanks and EJ Henderson. Exposing their LB's in pass coverage, and hopefully we can expose the size mismatch in Winfield vs. Edwards.

Specials

I think we have a huge advantage here, and we will need make something out of it.

Anyone else?

Make Favre Beat us

Easier said then done vs. AP but I would rather load the box, take away Shiancoe underneathe and make Favre beat us over the top.

{A}Agreed totally..

Francies vs Harvin

Interesting matchup in the slot, we'll see how our camp/preseason gem fares when it counts.

{A}If we see francies on the field we may already be in trouble..

Smith and Coleman vs. Vikings Tackles

Will be very interesting battle on the edges, we've got to contain AP there, because open daylight and he's gone.

{A}We are going to get raped on the ends if our LBs dont offer up heroic support...

Quinn it to win it

We are not going to win any ground attack awards vs the Vikings, not with the Williams tanks and EJ Henderson. Exposing their LB's in pass coverage, and hopefully we can expose the size mismatch in Winfield vs. Edwards.

{A}After wasting time in the first quarter with captain twinkle toes failing to do anything on the ground hopefully they will bring in davis who may be able to slide through the tiny cracks in the williams wall and or harrison to scoot the outside...

Specials

I think we have a huge advantage here, and we will need make something out of it.

{A)Its the only true advantage we have...

The browns can win this game if everything comes together the vikings do bleed and can be defeated....;)

curse me if you all will but i feel that our only chance of winning this game is for Quinn to go deep at some point in the game. We can win a few quarters playing the slant since our run is going to get stuffed but at some point the pressure will come and we need to throw deep and that will be the difference maker.

curse me if you all will but i feel that our only chance of winning this game is for Quinn to go deep at some point in the game. We can win a few quarters playing the slant since our run is going to get stuffed but at some point the pressure will come and we need to throw deep and that will be the difference maker.

there will be deep balls. if they are on target caught and ran in that will be the difference maker. saying going deep is the key to winning is the same as saying running up the middle at some point is the key. they will both happen.

The Vikings are roughly the same team as last year (or the last two years)... plus a 45 year old Favre. I think they might be a little media bloated, frankly. They haven't been a dominant team thus far.

Specifically, they're a bad pass defense, based on yards OR passer rating. They can be passed on. I think a team with a Pro Bowl left tackle has an even better chance of passing well on them, frankly.

The other side of the ball is a bit of a mystery since we were so vanilla and without Shaun Rogers. I agree that our specials are way more special.

It's a winnable game. That's why we're only 4-ish point underdogs.

dINK AND DUNK ALL DAY LONG

They will load the line until they see us beating it.

Screen after screen, stretch the feild out and let let a young gun with energy tire the opponent. Quinn will rush for 30 yards min. Braylon is a mere decoy with a few timely catches. Thats how they win it. They will need to outscore minn's offense also cause i just don't see our D being there yet, preseason showed us nothing though?

As I said during the QB competition, DA needs the run to set up the pass...but BQ has the ability to SET UP the run with the pass....and he is excellent at the short routes and screens.

I think the Browns are going to come out with a tone of quick hitters....slants over the middle and screens to the edges to soften up the defense...then do some power runs up the middle after the defense has spread out a bit.

This is going to be sustained, slow, methodical drives that will burn time.

As for Minnesota...I think Favre is actually now a TERRIBLE fit for them. He is still prone to turnovers...but doesn't seem to play with the fervency that he used to. In other words...I think he is going to lack the huge play while still giving us the ball at least 2x via turnover.

AP is a beast...and he will get his...but the Browns showed the bend but don't break ability vs the Tennessee starters. And that was WITHOUT the linchpin of our defense, Shaun Rogers.

I think the Browns will be showing multiple fronts (including the 4-6) and will be set up to stop the run and dare Favre to go up top...where our ballhawking DB's can go for it.

The real key to me...is can they take away more than they give up.

dINK AND DUNK ALL DAY LONG...

Agree. It's how New England beat them in '06. It's how the Steelers did it last night against a tough run D.

It's all on Quinn's shoulders, IMHO.

In fact, and maybe I shouldn't say it out loud, this may be a perfect situation for Quinn to do well as it plays to his strengths.

Archived