THE BROWNS BOARD

Andrew Berry WTF????

I saw an article in which he was interviewed about the draft and he said "we are more likely to trade down than we are to trade up. We take a long term approach tonthe draft".

WTF does that even mean?

I sure as hell am no draft genius as I would have drafted Mitch Trubisky and Paxton Lynch, and I really don't know how to rate this fucker other than on the surface his trades, picks and dick moves make me think he was a step down from Dorsey.

Either way, wtf does trading up or down have to do with long term drafting philosophy?

I just think this guy is a fucktard.

• Haha 1

I saw an article in which he was interviewed about the draft and he said "we are more likely to trade down than we are to trade up. We take a long term approach tonthe draft".

WTF does that even mean?

I sure as hell am no draft genius as I would have drafted Mitch Trubisky and Paxton Lynch, and I really don't know how to rate this fucker other than on the surface his trades, picks and dick moves make me think he was a step down from Dorsey.

Either way, wtf does trading up or down have to do with long term drafting philosophy?

I just think this guy is a fucktard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

we might trade up ? we may stay put ? or we trade back for picks next year which is the idea i like best

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

We may trade down to get 2024 picks.  Next year we've got a 2nd, 3rd, two 5th's, a 6th, two 7th's.   We may shoot for another 3rd and a 4th or something.

push those rookie contracts back cause we are gonna need em

Two 7th round picks in 2024.  What can ya do with them?  You can only do two things, throw one in as the 'bag of chips' part of a trade....or you pick a player who, within a half hour, would've probably become an Undrafted Free Agent.  

2 minutes ago, syd said:

keep on trading back gotta pay the piper at some time 

...either that or you encounter a singularity.  :)   (don't mind me, I'm watching a youtube on loop quantum gravity at the moment)  

I knew this guy was a clown his first stint here... He's done nothing to change my feelings about him  one iota.... Garbage!...

8 minutes ago, nickers said:

I knew this guy was a clown his first stint here... He's done nothing to change my feelings about him  one iota.... Garbage!...

He is Phil Swlewage #2 in my useless opinion.

Let's be honest, his future hinges on Watson. If that winds up being shit, it is unlikely that anything hebdoes in the draft will save him. As goes Watson, so goes Berry.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Let's be honest, his future hinges on Watson. If that winds up being shit, it is unlikely that anything hebdoes in the draft will save him. As goes Watson, so goes Berry.

1 minute ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

his future hinges on Watson. If that winds up being shit,

and if it doesnt ?

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's smokescreen season. I believe nothing coming out of any NFL FO.

Oh yes ...... let the games begin.   "We're quite happy with the direction of our team and satisfied with our current picks .... even though we might " .....

I would love to hear about the  real  phone calls made in after hours by the various FOs around the NFL. 

the only believable statement of Berry's draft presser..that started with.. "I'll open it up to questions, that most know, I will barely answer" ;) ;)

"The Browns may only have a draft board with 124 names on it".. seems to fit the range of this draft class & FO guardrails..(don't get me started:P

still think, the Elijah Moore trade will be worth the Rd.2 boards value... content to seeing the board starting mid-60's..

I'm leaning Berry gets Jimmy Schwartz a defensive piece to open... DT/DE/LB/S 

Go Browns ! 

• Upvote 1

I assume Andrew Berry.

We'll see what happens.  My thinking is if we trade down, it will be more along the lines of trading for picks next year.  That would fit the "long term" portion of the idea.

I don't think we have much to make trade up's unless we include a decent player.

In one thread I mentioned Chubb, more as an example of the type of player we might need to trade.  Thinking more, Newsome was linked to wanting to be traded. Maybe he is a player we would trade?  I am not going to get in to draft value charts, but Newsome and a 3rd might get us something like a late 1st/early 2nd this year and maybe a  3rd/4th next year.

We'll see what happens.  My thinking is if we trade down, it will be more along the lines of trading for picks next year.  That would fit the "long term" portion of the idea.

I don't think we have much to make trade up's unless we include a decent player.

In one thread I mentioned Chubb, more as an example of the type of player we might need to trade.  Thinking more, Newsome was linked to wanting to be traded. Maybe he is a player we would trade?  I am not going to get in to draft value charts, but Newsome and a 3rd might get us something like a late 1st/early 2nd this year and maybe a  3rd/4th next year.

8 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

No doubt about that.  He is the guy who convinced the owner to spend a $quarter billion on the deal.  If it doesn't work because that investment isn't paying dividends, you can make a good bet that Jimmy Haslam is going to pinch Berry's head off.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

No doubt about that.  He is the guy who convinced the owner to spend a $quarter billion on the deal.  If it doesn't work because that investment isn't paying dividends, you can make a good bet that Jimmy Haslam is going to pinch Berry's head off.

My thoughts exactly, but I also wonder how much of DePodesta’s neck would be on the chopping block.

4 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

My thoughts exactly, but I also wonder how much of DePodesta’s neck would be on the chopping block.

Probably none.  He didn't make the decision.

14 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm not a fan of trading picks at all. You have a draft board, draft the guys you want that are there at the time.

Normally I tend to agree.  

This year with the number of picks we have, the number of  potential open roster spots, and minus a 1st and 2nd rounder(Moore can be viewed as the 2nd rounder) I wouldn't be averse to a trade up if a player we like is at a gettable spot, nor would i mind a trade back to gain another pick next year.

• Upvote 1

Guessing the Lions have done ok since... 

Dorsey was hired by the Detroit Lions as a senior personnel executive on January 27, 2021.[15]

Basketball got, 3 points scores more than 2 points from Lynics reports..

images.jpg.221a41bcb2c553744a283b60bda6f3d7.jpg    download.jpg.4524e6d1b676fa83ceef63125651a118.jpg   download.jpg.13917476a33699117cb77fb5a705a22d.jpg

edit... merge topics please

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Normally I tend to agree.  

This year with the number of picks we have, the number of  potential open roster spots, and minus a 1st and 2nd rounder(Moore can be viewed as the 2nd rounder) I wouldn't be averse to a trade up if a player we like is at a gettable spot, nor would i mind a trade back to gain another pick next year.

It just seems we botch the draft more than most, so I'm "draft scared."

It's set up to help the "lesser thans" but we trade away the help. 

I realize the Browns aren't alone in missing on picks, but take the shot & pick your guy.

it could be that berry will trade down for more picks next year, then next year he can trade the entire draft for a #1 pick....

refer to caption and...Ricky Williams....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Newsome and a 3rd might get us something like a late 1st/early 2nd this year and maybe a  3rd/4th next year.

I don't wanna trade Newsome (or Chubb).  They're known, good players.  Let's not trade guys like that for a guy who's never played in the NFL.  But that's just me.

10 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

My thoughts about Depodesta are that he is what I call in business a cockroach. He stays well hidden. However, if Watson crashes, Depo will be  exposed as part of the bust and Haslam will step on him.

The problem with the Browns and Haslam is that there is no core system in place to meld everyone into. Instead, Haslam keeps randomly picking new systems and hoping for success.

We call itnthrowing shit against the wall and hoping it sticks.

• Upvote 2