THE BROWNS BOARD

​ ​​​​​"The"   🏈    2023 NFL Draft: Thursday Day 1 Thread. 🏈    ​

Dutch Oven

I'm so ready to get past all the rumors .... 😇

"how did the media get W. Levis, A. Richardson and H. Hooker to join in a 2 headed QB race, into 1st round options" ? Have they seen the next class of QB options? any patience team buyers? Good luck with that...

Top RB Bijan Robinson of Texas.. matched a combine 40 time, of Browns 5th round pick Jerome Ford by running a 4.46.. Bijan was 5 lbs. heavier... Some teams going to be fine, drafting a multi purpose back like Jahmyr Gibbs running 4.36 later in draft

Lots of 1st year GM's mixed with coaches that need to take this draft for what it really is...Lite in starters, but good roster depth could be had ..

Best in any team sport... rookie players, projected to next level NFL as a pro... It is not a easy profession as the media mocks make it out to be..  excited to see how the paid 32 team suits sort this Draft day/weekend out ! 

As a token, of the wife knowing it's my draft weekend off & 60th Birthday Friday! I woke up to this on the counter & coffee ready...

il_340x270.3568222347_py47.webp.ee4c84c797e57d7f4e8c16d833358987.webp  # LFG BROWNS ! (that's my honey 💞) Thanks babe !

• Haha 1

I just see a lot of disaster today (Draft wise).  QBs reminiscent of the 2011 draft where Locker, Gabbert and Ponder were picked Top 12.  We picked Phil Taylor that year while many of you would be thrilled with commitment to the DLine this year we will save ourselves from a Phil Taylor type disaster and we are staying out of the first round all together.  If for some reason we pick tonight I’ll have no words watching Nick Chubb go to Training Camp somewhere else. 

Anyway I really like Paris Johnson Jr.  I think and hope he stays out of our division. 

(Aside from Sam Darnold) I’ve admittedly been wildly inaccurate predicting QB success…but for the life of me I can’t see how Levis becomes a good NFL QB.  

My first round underrated pick Zay Flowers BC.  I’d put some coin on him being offensive rookie of year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I'm so ready to get past all the rumors .... 😇

"how did the media get W. Levis, A. Richardson and H. Hooker to join in a 2 headed QB race, into 1st round options" ? Have they seen the next class of QB options? any patience team buyers? Good luck with that...

Top RB Bijan Robinson of Texas.. matched a combine 40 time, of Browns 5th round pick Jerome Ford by running a 4.46.. Bijan was 5 lbs. heavier... Some teams going to be fine, drafting a multi purpose back like Jahmyr Gibbs running 4.36 later in draft

Lots of 1st year GM's mixed with coaches that need to take this draft for what it really is...Lite in starters, but good roster depth could be had ..

Best in any team sport... rookie players, projected to next level NFL as a pro... It is not a easy profession as the media mocks make it out to be..  excited to see how the paid 32 team suits sort this Draft day/weekend out ! 

As a token, of the wife knowing it's my draft weekend off & 60th Birthday Friday! I woke up to this on the counter & coffee ready...

il_340x270.3568222347_py47.webp.ee4c84c797e57d7f4e8c16d833358987.webp  # LFG BROWNS ! (that's my honey 💞) Thanks babe !

From one 59 year old teenager to another (at least for another day) Happy Birthday this Friday Gumbs!   

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Had a dream the Ravens took an OT. 

But I guess it would help entice Lamar to stay around. 

Someone had to come 1st... did his mom check with you 1st in dream? ;)

QB Lamar Jackson signs 260 $million$ 5 year contract with Ravens...

no longer here..

12 NFL players who could be traded on NFL Draft day 2023

1. Trey Lance, QB, San Francisco 49ers

2. Dalvin Cook, RB, Minnesota Vikings

3. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Arizona Cardinals

4. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers (Editor's note, a reported deal was finalized to send Rodgers to the Jets after publishing)

5. Jonah Williams, OL, Cincinnati Bengals **

6. Cedrick Wilson, WR, Miami Dolphins

7. Derrick Henry, RB, Tennessee Titans

8. Austin Ekeler, RB, Los Angeles Chargers

9. Devin White, LB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

10. Budda Baker, CB, Arizona Cardinals

11. Ed Oliver, DT, Buffalo Bills **

12. Montez Sweat, DE, Washington Commanders **

What's one more Browns draft rumor..

Around the league, there is strong belief that GM Andrew Berry will select at both 74 and 98. Trading up, out (for 2024 pick(s)) or for a veteran is expected with at least one selection, if not both. “Shocked if he sticks” with both of those picks. As was relayed prior to the start of free agency, Berry has been making a lot of calls and being aggressive and creative in his discussions with other teams. (Note: Almost no chance the Browns can get back into the first round so this is more so for tomorrow unless it is a trade for a veteran **.) - Jared Mueller 4-27

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Carolina is "uniquely positioned to support a young QB".

Minus that bottom 3 offensive line....   

The dumb shit you have to say as a broadcast commentator for the sake of filling time is mind blowing.  

Good thing the QB they most likely will take is a very sturdy QB built like a Greek God.... 😁

• Haha 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ​ ​​​​​"The"   🏈    2023 NFL Draft: Thursday Day 1 Thread. 🏈    ​
10 minutes ago, Axe said:

QBs 1 and 2..

WOW!! Houston trading up to 3 !! 😲

No boredom tonight  !

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Thanks for the balls, mjp 😏

No problem.    Would you believe that I'm still eating supper  ?   :lol: