THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorian T-R

Orion

Seems like he can sling it...with a quick delivery.

Reminds me of a little Lamar Jackson.

Passing

• * indicates bowl stats included
    Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career UCLA         860 1359 63.3 10710 7.9 8.0 88 36 145.6
2018 UCLA Pac-12 FR QB 9 112 194 57.7 1311 6.8 6.6 7 4 122.3
2019 UCLA Pac-12 SO QB 11 216 362 59.7 2701 7.5 7.1 21 12 134.9
2020 UCLA Pac-12 JR QB 5 90 138 65.2 1120 8.1 8.6 12 4 156.3
2021 UCLA Pac-12 SR QB 11 176 283 62.2 2409 8.5 9.0 21 6 153.9
*2022 UCLA Pac-12 SR QB 13 266 382 69.6 3169 8.3 8.5 27 10 157.4

• Orion changed the title to Dorian T-R
17 minutes ago, nickers said:

Fuck that midget... his accuracy is shit...

C'mon....he's coming off a 70% season.  

He's gonna be stuck trying to throw passes over that 6'8, 374 lb offensive tackle mountain we just drafted in practice.  He's gonna look like a midget next to him.  :)

-  I bought a set of Seymore Duncan Saturday Night Special humbuckers to replace the Burstbucker Pro's in my Les Paul.  Can't wait to hear 'em - 

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

C'mon....he's coming off a 70% season.  

He's gonna be stuck trying to throw passes over that 6'8, 374 lb offensive tackle mountain we just drafted in practice.  He's gonna look like a midget next to him.  :)

-  I bought a set of Seymore Duncan Saturday Night Special humbuckers to replace the Burstbucker Pro's in my Les Paul.  Can't wait to hear 'em - 

I don't care what he is... he's another garbage QB we don't need... I haven't looked at the specs on those... I was mulling over the SD Custom,Custom pickups.. yes they are called Custom,Custom.. Don't know why.. But they are based off the pickup EVH was designing with Seymour Duncan at one time... I don't know if they had a falling out or what not.. But Eddie was probably drunk and said "Fuck off"lol.. Eddie broke off from EB/Music Man because I hear tell he had an affair with Sterling Balls wife lol.. Sterling of course is the son of Ernie Ball.

29 minutes ago, nickers said:

I haven't looked at the specs on those.

Alnico 4.  A little hotter and fatter in the bridge and a little clearer and less muddy (  'wooly' they call it ) in the neck.  I find the burstbucker pro too muddy in the neck.

I think this draft pick shows that they're looking for a backup for Watson.  Which means they're not 100% satisfied with the current QB room.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Orion said:

Alnico 4.  A little hotter and fatter in the bridge and a little clearer and less muddy (  'wooly' they call it ) in the neck.  I find the burstbucker pro too muddy in the neck.

I think this draft pick shows that they're looking for a backup for Watson.  Which means they're not 100% satisfied with the current QB room.  

I like a little mud but not too extreme.. I always scoop the mids and roll back the ultra high end.. it kills my ears...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

How tall is Baker? 

Baker's a midget.   Dorian isn't a midget....but he looks short ih the highlights to me.   ( I'd swear that when I looked at these same stats yesterday, right after he was picked, it said he was 6'1.  -  I still have the tabs open on each of our draft selections )   Obviously, I'm impressed with last year's completion pct.   I like my QB's taller than him....but as long as he doesn't miss guys high over the middle all the time, I'm good with him.

DORIAN THOMPSON-ROBINSON
UCLA   QB   HOMETOWN CLASS  Las Vegas, NV   Senior
HEIGHT  6’ 2’’  WEIGHT  203 lbs   ARM  30 5/8’’   HAND  9 7/8’’
Prospect Grade  5.69   Candidate For Bottom Of Roster Or Practice Squad

2023 Draft Results    DRAFTED BY   CLEVELAND   BROWNS    Round 5 ‧ Pick 5

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

Baker's a midget.   Dorian isn't a midget....but he looks short ih the highlights to me.   ( I'd swear that when I looked at these same stats yesterday, right after he was picked, it said he was 6'1.  -  I still have the tabs open on each of our draft selections )   Obviously, I'm impressed with last year's completion pct.   I like my QB's taller than him....but as long as he doesn't miss guys high over the middle all the time, I'm good with him.

DORIAN THOMPSON-ROBINSON
UCLA   QB   HOMETOWN CLASS  Las Vegas, NV   Senior
HEIGHT  6’ 2’’  WEIGHT  203 lbs   ARM  30 5/8’’   HAND  9 7/8’’
Prospect Grade  5.69   Candidate For Bottom Of Roster Or Practice Squad

2023 Draft Results    DRAFTED BY   CLEVELAND   BROWNS    Round 5 ‧ Pick 5

One guy is 6' 1" and change is supposed to be a practice squad/#3 QB.

The other probably wasnt quite 6'1" and was the #1 overall pick and supposed to be the franchise QB for a decade+. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In simple terms, the Browns can't really afford a quality backup QB. This guy is probably better than Mond & Dobbs, we will see. 

I think the Browns had a pretty good draft. Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

In simple terms, the Browns can't really afford a quality backup QB. This guy is probably better than Mond & Dobbs, we will see. 

I think the Browns had a pretty good draft. Time will tell.

Close.

The Browns will not be able to afford an expensive quality veteran backup QB. I can't imagine many teams with a high-priced QB can.

And this makes me curious to who are some of the most expensive backup QBs right now. 

7 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Mond may be a marginally better passer, but DTR can run the same offense as DW and is one of the generally consensus late-round projections to eventually start from this draft. It's not a terrible pick

i agree he was a good pick he has a very high ceiling and already has chemistry with Watson

oh here is a fun fact himself and cedric tillman played ball in vegas on the same team

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, syd said:

i agree he was a good pick he has a very high ceiling and already has chemistry with Watson

oh here is a fun fact himself and cedric tillman played ball in vegas on the same team

They played HS ball together... This is telling me the Browns have concerns about Watson and are realizing just maybe they bit off more than they wanted and got sold a bill of goods on a washed up QB who garnered all of his great stats in Garbage time on a 4-12 Texans team....

10 minutes ago, nickers said:

They played HS ball together... This is telling me the Browns have concerns about Watson and are realizing just maybe they bit off more than they wanted and got sold a bill of goods on a washed up QB who garnered all of his great stats in Garbage time on a 4-12 Texans team....

wow I mean Damn, Fuck  what kind of drug's do you take ?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, nickers said:

or they worry that he that he'll start bringing in strangers/"massotherapists"  again, like braylon edwars and pot - repeated suspensions......

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

or they worry that he that he'll start bringing in strangers/"massotherapists"  again, like braylon edwars and pot - repeated suspensions......

dude ya i just called you dude robinson has known watson for years this is all about chemistry in the QB room

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 8:36 AM, nickers said:

Still a midget..

Midget isn't a PC term.  You need to show a little empathy.   I think the correct term is Munchkin.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Midget isn't a PC term.  You need to show a little empathy.   I think the correct term is Munchkin.  

Midget... same thing...

On 4/30/2023 at 5:00 PM, nickers said:

This would be a great McDonalds Happy Meal Commercial starring the customer who hasn't forgotten about getting ripped off on a couple Dollar Menu items. 

• Upvote 1

Originally posted on FanNation Browns Digest
By Brandon Little  |  Last updated 5/19/23

Not many rookies can say one of the best quarterbacks to play the game gave them a warm welcome to the NFL. Cleveland Browns rookie QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson can, as New York Jets Qb Aaron Rodgers made a video for him to welcome him to the NFL.

In the video, Rodgers welcomes the Browns’ rookie to the NFL and talks about his excitement to watch him eventually play.

“DTR, what’s up man? Congratulations and welcome to the league, buddy,” said Rodgers. “(I’m) Excited to have you in Cleveland so I can watch you develop, watch you play, watch you prove a lot of people wrong who passed on you many times.

Rodgers knows a thing or two about people not liking him around the league, as well as fans. The future Hall of Fame recipient warned Thompson-Robinson of just that ahead.

“Now you just get a fresh new batch of haters and deniers. I’m excited to watch you in your career. Loved watching you play at UCLA, loved watching you beat up on USC. I’m excited to meet you.

Rodgers, who played at California, certainly isn’t a fan of USC. As another PAC-12 quarterback, he shared his dislike for the Trojans with the former Bruin.

While Thompson-Robinson may not see the field anytime soon, Rodgers made it clear he’s excited to watch him develop for when he does get that chance.

This has to be a nice confidence boost for the Browns’ rookie, with the message coming from one of the best to play the same position he does.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2023 at 4:24 PM, calfoxwc said:

That you gumby? Left my secret decoder ring at my daughter's house.💍😁

18 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Every time I get in my wife's car I tell the grandkids the damn pygmies have been driving it again. Have to adjust the seat and mirrors all around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2