THE BROWNS BOARD

Raiders sign Paul Hubbard to practice squad

Guest mz.

Finally, the proof of his suckitude we needed...

The Oakland Raiders have signed former University of Wisconsin wide receiver Paul Hubbard to the practice squad.

The Raiders tried out Hubbard today as well as former Arkansas defensive back Jamar Love.

Hubbard was drafted in the sixth round last year by the Cleveland Browns and spent time on their practice squad.

He's a big, physical wideout at 6-foot-2, 225 pounds.

via here.

Finally, the proof of his suckitude we needed...

via here.

Mother Hubbard was every bit as useless as Travis Wilson. Dude has stonehands when they put the pads on and add the tackling component. It's not like he every lit it up against Big 10 defenses to give us a foredshadow of anything wonderful around the corner.

- Tom F.

Mother Hubbard was every bit as useless as Travis Wilson. Dude has stonehands when they put the pads on and add the tackling component. It's not like he every lit it up against Big 10 defenses to give us a foredshadow of anything wonderful around the corner.

- Tom F.

People argued that a player can be taught to catch the ball coming into the NFL. Yeah they can (sort of) but not on a team like ours, where we need every chance we could get in the draft,

With all the things a WR needs to learn in the NFL - route running, blitz checkdowns, multiple routes, audibles, complicated defenses, getting off jams on the line, finding holes in zone blitz, and all the other myriad things I am missing - I don't think our position at the time was conducive to gambling on a speedster with stone hands. In fact, I hated the pick and still have no idea why they chose him. The Raiders took Bey so go figure they like the speed of Hubbard.

Good luck to him, though. All I heard about him was that he worked hard and took to coaching. The NFL is about chances, and if anything he deserves it on hard work alone. Good on him for landing on an NFL roster.

Even tho hubbard didn't pan out he was a decent pick. He had big time potetial but he didn't fit in with the new regimes plans. 6th rounders hardly pan out. When we drafted him I said he is either gonna be a big play guy or a nobody. Sadly he didn't work out but he wasn't a bad pick

Archived