THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini booboo ?

BrownIndian

BEREA, Ohio (AP)—Browns coach Eric Mangini said he has not been contacted by the NFL in its investigation about a possible injury-report cover up while he was with the New York Jets.

On Thursday, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum admitted the team should have disclosed Brett Favre’s(notes) torn biceps tendon on mandatory weekly injury reports over the final third of last season. Mangini, who was fired by New York in December, said he has always followed league rules “in the strictest fashion” when filling out the report.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league is in the preliminary stages of its investigation regarding how the Jets handled Favre’s injury. The Jets and Mangini could face possible discipline if they are found to have violated league rules.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqUs...p&type=lgns

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns coach Eric Mangini said he has not been contacted by the NFL in its investigation about a possible injury-report cover up while he was with the New York Jets.

On Thursday, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum admitted the team should have disclosed Brett Favre's torn biceps tendon on mandatory weekly injury reports over the final third of last season. Mangini, who was fired by New York in December, said he has always followed league rules "in the strictest fashion" when filling out the report.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league is in the preliminary stages of its investigation regarding how the Jets handled Favre's injury. The Jets and Mangini could face possible discipline if they are found to have violated league rules.

"Mangini was no angel in that whole deal, but I'm sure Favre would've thrown a hissy fit if Mangini told him to sit down."

I think you can add Tannenbaum too, since he is the one who admitted to holding back on the reports... As far as H1N4 is concerned, I think

it is obvious that he was intending to start every game for the streak, even if they pulled him out to sit. WHY is it coming out now? gamesmanship?

Man, WHERE is HIS accountability in his own health and team well being THEN in 2008? :angry:

Because of what he said this week:

Favre throws Jets under the bus

Now hold on. Players in the locker room called him out for being selfish, said the coaching staff should have sat him for not performing. There were multiple accusations of Favre being selfish and putting his own playing time above the goals of the team. If I were him, I'd probably want to let everyone know that wasn't the case.

Yeah I am pissed my coach has to deal with this the next however many weeks, but Favre was called out specifically by his own team for selfishness relating to this issue. Not like he pulled this out of thin air.

"Absolutely. I was receptive to (sitting) last year," Favre said. "When we finally did an MRI and found out I had a torn biceps last year, I felt like, with about four or five games left, that even though I was making some pretty good throws and some decent plays, I felt like I was doing the team more harm because I was missing on some throws."

Missing on some throws? He was awful, with nine interceptions in the last five games.

"I talked with Brian Schottenhemier, talked to Mike Tannenbaum, and my quarterback coach who now is the coordinator for Cleveland, and addressed that with him that I thought maybe I was doing more harm than good.

"They knew I had a torn biceps, which we backed off in practice. I took cortisone shots a couple times to try to relieve the pain. I started pressing. I was real receptive to (sitting). We felt like, after talking with each one of them, that it was best to just -- we'd come this far -- to just finish it out. I had no qualms about having Kellen (Clemens) play, and that probably hasn't even been addressed before because I didn't think it would need to be addressed at the end of the season, but I just didn't feel confident because of this injury. So sure, I don't want to go through that and neither do the Vikings.''

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009...l#ixzz0QqiL7eIY

Thomas Jones was calling him out for not sitting. I am sure Favre could have said nothing, but the fear in Minn is he'll not make it the entire season, and he was asked if he thought he'd sit if he aggravated the torn cuff. 19 years in the league I think he deserves the right to clear the air about his not being selfish.

Now hold on. Players in the locker room called him out for being selfish, said the coaching staff should have sat him for not performing. There were multiple accusations of Favre being selfish and putting his own playing time above the goals of the team. If I were him, I'd probably want to let everyone know that wasn't the case.

Yeah I am pissed my coach has to deal with this the next however many weeks, but Favre was called out specifically by his own team for selfishness relating to this issue. Not like he pulled this out of thin air.

Thomas Jones was calling him out for not sitting. I am sure Favre could have said nothing, but the fear in Minn is he'll not make it the entire season, and he was asked if he thought he'd sit if he aggravated the torn cuff. 19 years in the league I think he deserves the right to clear the air about his not being selfish.

You're assuming that Favre is telling the truth. I wouldn't be so sure about that.

You're assuming that Favre is telling the truth. I wouldn't be so sure about that.

19 years in the league,, never an accusation about this guys character. He has been tore up in the court of public opinion because of his waffling on the retirement issue, but how does that extend to his honesty on this issue? This guy is nothing but a competitor who so far has been given nothing but compliments from 95% of the people who played or coached with him. I don't think he'd be so obvious with a lie and attract attention to himself.

Did anyone come out and say he is lying?

Archived