THE BROWNS BOARD

Observations for Friday 9/11

The Gipper

Here are my weekly Friday observations:

1. I do not make game predictions so I don't have a clue about the outcome of Sunday's game. I will only say that I think that Brady Quinn being on the same field as Brett Favre will be an additional inspiration for him to perform well....and he will do so.

2. Tribe gripe of the week: UNCLE! I give up.

3. Food of the week: Stuffed peppers.

4. Author of the week: Dan Brown. His first book since The DaVinci Code, The Lost Symbol is being released Tuesday. Could it be anywhere near as provocative as his last book? Doubtful.

5. Why do I have this bad feeling in my gut that Ohio State is going to play a tough tight game against USC but fall short in the end...just like last year's Fiesta Bowl against Texas?

6. This has been a below average summer for good movies in my opinion. The only decent ones I have enjoyed were Inglorius Basterds, District 9, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Star Trek, and Angels and Demons, somewhat. Several others were big disappointments.

7. OK, what you are all waiting for: Hot Babe of the week. Remember, I often will put some mature women here, but still hot. This one is kind of in between. She's been around awhile, but still fairly young:

JERI RYAN. She used to be on Star Trek Voyager as 7 of 9. She is now on the TV show "Leverage".

1. I do not make game predictions so I don't have a clue about the outcome of Sunday's game. I will only say that I think that Brady Quinn being on the same field as Brett Favre will be an additional inspiration for him to perform well....and he will do so.

4. Author of the week: Dan Brown. His first book since The DaVinci Code, The Lost Symbol is being released Tuesday. Could it be anywhere near as provocative as his last book? Doubtful.

5. Why do I have this bad feeling in my gut that Ohio State is going to play a tough tight game against USC but fall short in the end...just like last year's Fiesta Bowl against Texas?

6. This has been a below average summer for good movies in my opinion. The only decent ones I have enjoyed were Inglorius Basterds, District 9, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Star Trek, and Angels and Demons, somewhat. Several others were big disappointments.

7. OK, what you are all waiting for: Hot Babe of the week. Remember, I often will put some mature women here, but still hot. This one is kind of in between. She's been around awhile, but still fairly young:

JERI RYAN. She used to be on Star Trek Voyager as 7 of 9. She is now on the TV show "Leverage".

Can we get a shout out to all the brave men and women who lost their lives on this day 8 years ago, as well as the troops who continue to fight everyday to keep us safe?

WE'RE GONNA WIN!!!

ummmm....that's not football, right? ;)

Oooh! Yum! I might have to add peppers to my shopping list now.

Agreed, but I do like his style of historical fiction. And thanks for the heads up!

ummm...that's not NFL football, right? ;)

We enjoyed Angels and Demons (but it could have been better). Still waiting to see Harry Potter...but we do have free movie tickets laying around somewhere and our anniversary is coming up.

And for Nigel...to our heros:

316629130aeqXDA_fs.jpg

Can we get a shout out to all the brave men and women who lost their lives on this day 8 years ago, as well as the troops who continue to fight everyday to keep us safe?

We can. Here it is:

01.jpg

the new Freedom Tower built on the site of the World Trade Center. To be completed in 2013, standing 1776 feet tall with a National Memorial to the tragedy on site.

Great photo...

And you're right.

Never forget.

On a beautiful Friday, I am able to go golfing and spend the day with friends. We take for granted our luxuries and freedom we have. Today enjoy it just a little bit more and remember the the ones who sacrificed their lives. And say a little prayer for the men and women who are in harms way to protect our freedoms.

Archived