THE BROWNS BOARD

4 Former Cleveland Browns players who might be done in the NFL

Brownsfan92

1 hour ago, Brownsfan92 said:

Four former Browns players...

Hubbard and Joseph weren't too shocking.

Jarvis had an amazing week 1 last season but injuries and age slowed him down.

Kareem is the most interesting. 

I think people forget that Kareem Hunt was the rushing champion in a potent Kansas City offense. I took me a while to wrap my head around we had Nick Chubb AND Kareem Hunt in the backfield. I looks like Hunt may have lost a step but I think it's more that he wants to be the featured back somewhere. As long as we have Chubb, that's not gonna happen here.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Neo said:

I think people forget that Kareem Hunt was the rushing champion in a potent Kansas City offense. I took me a while to wrap my head around we had Nick Chubb AND Kareem Hunt in the backfield. I looks like Hunt may have lost a step but I think it's more that he wants to be the featured back somewhere. As long as we have Chubb, that's not gonna happen here.

I'd say right about now that Hunt has lost those ideas and will be willing to take any deal some team is willing to offer.  You can have all the thoughts you want about a starting gig, but by June he is willing to be back-up to the back-up.  No other job is going to pay him $700,00 a year, or whatever it is.

The guy was a great back, for about 3-4 years but his running style doesn't lead to a long career.

11 hours ago, ballpeen said:

The guy was a great back, for about 3-4 years but his running style doesn't lead to a long career.

Toledo grad..  I still don't get what Berry's thinking here at this time? true.. fair to give Hunt a peek at his market $$... BUT !

a) Hunt won't turn age 28 until August.

b.) Hunt is Fords best competition in pads, without just handing the keys over to Ford on this roster. (Maybe the truth/determined, ls that Hunt don't want to be a RB3 here? and I'd be fine with that if Ford works out)

c.) Hunt's 4 year AFCN crash dummy style in blue-collar Cleveland fits.. He's better insurance, than watching Felton put the ball on the ground with less contact.. I still say Hunt is faster than Felton/others, in a 10 yard split with the ball in his hands

I'd prefer to still see Hunt in a orange helmet.. NFC if not !

Good Luck, Kareem Hunt !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Toledo grad..  I still don't get what Berry's thinking here at this time? true.. fair to give Hunt a peek at his market $$... BUT !

b.) Hunt is Fords best competition in pads, without just handing the keys over to Ford on this roster. (Maybe the truth/determined, ls that Hunt don't want to be a RB3 here? and I'd be fine with that if Ford works out)

c.) Hunt's 4 year AFCN crash dummy style in blue-collar Cleveland fits.. He's better insurance, than watching Felton put the ball on the ground with less contact.. I still say Hunt is faster than Felton/others, in a 10 yard split with the ball in his hands

Good Luck, Kareem Hunt !

I'm all for keeping Hunt for a price they both can agree on... I love his mad running style.. it compliments Chubb well..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, syd said:

anyone remember antonio callaway ? well seem's he got arrested in florida

4th round pick playing his way OUT of the NFL !   Idiot.  Pot, drivers license suspension and more.

He posted 43 receptions for 586 yards and five touchdowns during his rookie season with the Browns. Callaway was later suspended 10 games for violating the league's substance abuse policy and was subsequently waived by the Browns.

Callaway hasn't appeared in an NFL game since a brief stint with the Miami Dolphins in 2020.

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Good Luck, Kareem Hunt !

Choice b seems good.  It seems like Hunt and Elliott can give somebody (possibly us) what Calvin Hill once contributed here and mostly as a receiver out of the backfield in his early 30s.  In 78 - 25 rec 334 yds 6 TDs, in 79 - 38 rec 381 yds 2 TDs, in 80 - 37 rec 383 yds 6 TDs in 81 it all dropped off.  Not bad contributions at all for a guy who many thought was Over-the-Hill.   He could still do something like this even if Jerome Ford was lighting it up.    If for some reason Ford gets hurt or he isn't what the Browns thought he could be - now we have a RB with something to prove at a reasonable salary.  

Knowing that guys like Greg Pruitt and Kevin Mack wore #34 - Jerome Ford has a chance to keep that number proud and timeless.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

4th round pick playing his way OUT of the NFL !   Idiot.  Pot, drivers license suspension and more.

I never could understand that. As a child, you pretend to be your favorite athlete on the playground, workout everyday, practice honing your skills so that one day you can live the dream. Then you end your career over pot, or D.U.S., or flashing a gun on social media. Or the number of dumbass things some of these players do. Once you make it, your life is set. I don't get it😑🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I never could understand that. As a child, you pretend to be your favorite athlete on the playground, workout everyday, practice honing your skills so that one day you can live the dream. ● Then you end your career over pot, or D.U.S., or flashing a gun on social media. ● Or the number of dumbass things some of these players do. Once you make it, your life is set. I don't get it😑🤷‍♂️

● Good points.   One thing that I look at with these  "problem children" is the $MONEY$,  how much,  how soon and their backgrounds poor kids, high school and college backgrounds  hmmmm Antiono went to FLA.   FLA, the "U" and others sometimes have extra problems.   ALSO signing bonuses  $675,626 for Antiono ..... good getting into trouble money for a fourth-round  pick !    Must be nice to buy a nice fast car and easy Marijuana cash.

Hopefully they listen to good investment people and not their "buddies " and get their golden egg smashed  ...... too bad .... for them.

Estimated Career Earnings

YEAR TEAM AWARDS ★ SALARY ● SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUCTURE BONUS OPTION BONUS INCENTIVE ★EARNINGS
2018 Player Cash Earnings   ★ ★$480,000 ● $675,626 - - - - - ★$1,155,626
2019     $201,176 - - - - - $30,710 $231,886
2020 MIA   $264,708 - - - - - $37,197 $301,905
2022 DALLAS   $92,000 - - - - - - ★$92,000
4 seasons   $1,037,884 $675,626 - - - - $67,907 $1,781,417
2023     ★$1,010,000 - - - - - - ★$1,010,000
2024     ★$1,125,000 - - - - - - ★$1,125,000
    ★$3,172,884 ● $675,626 - - - - $67,907 ★★★$3,916,417

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Neo said:

I never could understand that. As a child, you pretend to be your favorite athlete on the playground, workout everyday, practice honing your skills so that one day you can live the dream. Then you end your career over pot, or D.U.S., or flashing a gun on social media. Or the number of dumbass things some of these players do. Once you make it, your life is set. I don't get it😑🤷‍♂️

It makes perfect sense…Some of these guys never escape the troubled background they grow up in and the troublemaking circle that was around them is present into their 20s and 30s.  In fact they are target now.  Also, some of them have grown up with nothing and lived on public assistance and having money in their pocket 200K-300K for the first time presents greater trouble making opportunities.  Let’s not forget  It isnt hard to make dumb @ss choices in your 20s 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, syd said:

anyone remember antonio callaway ? well seem's he got arrested in florida

What was his thing while he was with us?  Credit Card fraud?  I forget, but was one of our 3 thug WR set at the time.

52 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

It makes perfect sense…Some of these guys never escape the troubled background they grow up in and the troublemaking circle that was around them is present into their 20s and 30s.  In fact they are target now.  Also, some of them have grown up with nothing and lived on public assistance and having money in their pocket 200K-300K for the first time presents greater trouble making opportunities.  Let’s not forget  It isnt hard to make dumb @ss choices in your 20s 

It sure does.  There was a kid in Rochester, NY that was an All State QB and All State Basketball player as a soph. for Charlotte High School that was a State Champion in Football.  The school had to drop sports and music programs; and the same kid became a gang member and got arrested his junior year.  When you erase hope - you invite trouble.  It really is that simple unfortunately...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Neo said:

7o9wp6.gif.fc4d37ae5c1148ce2191e72cba6ad9e2.gif

Josh Gordon in 2013 was the best Cleveland Browns player I have seen in my roughly 40 years of watching the team.

I've never seen a Browns player play at that level for that one year. He was a man among boys. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Orion said:

What was his thing while he was with us?  Credit Card fraud?  I forget, but was one of our 3 thug WR set at the time.

ya he pulled some kind of bullshit while in collage. I just remember him getting pulled over with the kind in his car

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Josh Gordon in 2013 was the best Cleveland Browns player I have seen in my roughly 40 years of watching the team.

I've never seen a Browns player play at that level for that one year. He was a man among boys. 

All he had to do was show up and do the things he is capable of doing and the Browns would have thrown a pile of money at him. So it really is like the Joker lighting that pile of money on fire. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2023 at 11:25 AM, Neo said:

All he had to do was show up and do the things he is capable of doing and the Browns would have thrown a pile of money at him. So it really is like the Joker lighting that pile of money on fire. 

I still have a picture of Josh drinking in an Atlanta bar... It's well obvious what he really cared about.. And it wasn't Football...

5 hours ago, nickers said:

I still have a picture of Josh drinking in an Atlanta bar... It's well obvious what he really cared about.. And it wasn't Football...

so you took a picture of some dude drinking a beer ? did you even ask him if that was cool ?

3 hours ago, syd said:

so you took a picture of some dude drinking a beer ? did you even ask him if that was cool ?

No it was one someone posted dork dribble

6 minutes ago, syd said:

one} how in the hell would i know that

two} why do you even still bother to have that picture

Because I think it's incredibly hilarious yet sad he chose booze over football.. Kind of like you did...

25 minutes ago, nickers said:

Because I think it's incredibly hilarious yet sad he chose booze over football.. Kind of like you did...

actually it was weed and what is hilarious is that you have kept a picture of a grown man all these year's 

1 hour ago, syd said:

actually it was weed and what is hilarious is that you have kept a picture of a grown man all these year's 

Well it wasn't intentionally kept.. It just wound up on an old back up disk in a book packed away somewhere lol

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

This full list of unsigned former Browns is quite something

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/browns-jadeveon-clowney-kareem-hunt-unsigned-2023/

Yeesh.

Sometimes our brown and orange glasses can really taint how good someone actually is...

Kareem is probably asking way too much.

John Johnson, that one hurts.  I had such high hopes for him.

Troy Hill, at least we have his awesome training camp fight.

Well if Hunt is still on the Market.. I'd still like to have him... I'll remind you of a runner that Bill Parcells had who really wasn't fast.. His name was OJ Anderson and Bill rode that dude like mule for 3 yards and a first down on the way to a couple of SB's... So... While Hunt might be aging.. I do believe there's a role for him...

EDIT: We of course aren't built like that team... On offense were going to a bit more finesse I suppose... It's just how the league is.. At least with Chubb and our D.. We still have that Blood n Guts element to our team...

On 7/5/2023 at 6:14 AM, Brownsfan92 said:

Yeesh.

Sometimes our brown and orange glasses can really taint how good someone actually is...

Spot on!

18 hours ago, nickers said:

Well if Hunt is still on the Market.. I'd still like to have him... I'll remind you of a runner that Bill Parcells had who really wasn't fast.. His name was OJ Anderson and Bill rode that dude like mule for 3 yards and a first down on the way to a couple of SB's... So... While Hunt might be aging.. I do believe there's a role for him...

EDIT: We of course aren't built like that team... On offense were going to a bit more finesse I suppose... It's just how the league is.. At least with Chubb and our D.. We still have that Blood n Guts element to our team...

Highly unlikely. From the leaks I have read in the media, consensus is that he has lost a step, or more. It seems age and injuries have caught up with him. Classic tale of the running back. If we could have had the 'tazmanian devil' from a couple of years ago back, absolutely no discussion.   

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Spot on!

Highly unlikely. From the leaks I have read in the media, consensus is that he has lost a step, or more. It seems age and injuries have caught up with him. Classic tale of the running back. If we could have had the 'tazmanian devil' from a couple of years ago back, absolutely no discussion.   

Well my main point was he doesn't have to be blazing fast to be productive.. Not disagreeing with ya.. But in all likely hood.. Yeah the Browns have moved on...

2 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Spot on!

Assuming we are naming the price to bring Hunt back…bringing Hunt back comes at the expense of losing Felton?  I think we stockpiled some shifty explosive guys where the intrigue of keeping Felton is over.  If/when a Back goes down Hunt is a better insurance policy to carry the ball than Felton is…why not bring him back? 

• Like 1