THE BROWNS BOARD

Look here. Ravens fan.

Ravens XXXV

I'm a Ravens fan and I just registered for the Browns' board. I'm not here to rub the Modell move in your faces. I just like football and enjoy the views of other AFC North fans. I was a History major in college, so I always have had the inclination to research a topic and learn as much as I can. You guys have a rich history and I have known about Otto Graham and the championships of the past since I can remember.

"If Johnny Unitas is an Indianapolis Colt, then Jim Brown is a Baltimore Raven."

I read this somewhere on one of the internets. My grandfather worked for the Colts. I was about to turn four when Irsay got drunk and decided to call the Mayflower trucks so he could move the team to the land of high school basketball and race cars. I was in high school when Modell made the move. I couldn't believe what I was hearing/seeing when I turned on the TV and heard about the move.

I KIND OF consider the ravens the same organization as the "old Cleveland Browns". If somebody is wearing a Jim Brown jersey in the U.S., there is at least some clue to even the dumbest sorority blond as to who he is. I wore a Johnny Unitas jersey on campus when I was an undergrad and I was asked, "lolool omg Is that Peyton Manning's backup????//" Yeah. On the surface, I think time has allowed the Browns and Ravens to develop their own identities, especially with those born in the 1990s.

Want some substance? Well, do any of you think Ozzie Newsome would have been the same GM if the Modells would have stayed in Cleveland? I think so, and I think you guys would have SB win(s) to go along with the success you had in the past.

I'm a Ravens fan and I just registered for the Browns' board. I'm not here to rub the Modell move in your faces. I just like football and enjoy the views of other AFC North fans. I was a History major in college, so I always have had the inclination to research a topic and learn as much as I can. You guys have a rich history and I have known about Otto Graham and the championships of the past since I can remember.

Not sure what sort of feedback you're looking for here as you only made a declaratory statement, but I'll assume you're just looking for our takes on the AFC North and probably in particular the Ratbirds, so here goes.

I think Cam's gonna open up the offense this year for Flacco and, regrettably, I think he's gonna light it up. Flacco's like a carbon copy of DA, but with accuracy and a brain.....he's gonna be a good one. He's made some throws in the past few weeks that are just amazing, and I expect to see more of that throughout the season.

I expect the Ratbirds to win the division and for Flacco to be one of the top QB's in the league if they keep "opening up the playbook" for him like they have in the preseason games.

Just my 2 cents.

The Ravens will never be associated with the Browns in my eyes. You're Purple and Black, we're Brown and Orange. End of discussion. Plus we have the history.

But what does get under my skin is the Ravens, in the SB era, have more playoff victories in 13+ seasons than the Browns in 35+. That pisses me off, and the fact that our HOF TE is your successful GM pisses me off more. I want to play like the Ravens play, but we've sort of gotten ourselves off course.

The fans are used to a certain expectation of play from our football team, we haven't gotten that, and we're pissed about it. So I warn you now, tread lighlty here - we're not in the best of moods collectively. :D

Archived