THE BROWNS BOARD

Injury Report is NOT Pretty

YtownBrownsBacker

The injury report keeps growing and it's valuable players.

Lewis only healthy RB. Peerman downgraded to doubtful, Harrison and Davis are questionable. Harrison didn't do much in camp and didn't participate much this week.

Rogers is questionable. I guess his foot injury is for real. But, they said he practiced almost full go later in the week.

Bowens is questionable and Hall is probable.

Wright is questionable and Poteat might be the starter at corner. For those who wanted to see Francies, that might just happen because Poteat was going to be the nickle back covering the slot receiver.

Everybody else should be full go. don't like the fact that Rogers isn't 100% against the best running attack in the NFL. Also don't like a guy like Poteat at corner because that means they will play a more conserative zone coverage that Favre should eat apart. Don't like Bowens limping around because he is the center piece of a lot of our off the wall schemes.

And, I especially don't like the face that we have Lewis as our feature back and limited options on 3rd down. Lewis doesn't scare anybody coming out of the backfield on 3rd down. They can cover him with a LB.

Hopefully Mangini is screwing with the Vikings and some of these guys will be full go.

The injury report keeps growing and it's valuable players.

Lewis only healthy RB. Peerman downgraded to doubtful, Harrison and Davis are questionable. Harrison didn't do much in camp and didn't participate much this week.

Rogers is questionable. I guess his foot injury is for real. But, they said he practiced almost full go later in the week.

Bowens is questionable and Hall is probable.

Wright is questionable and Poteat might be the starter at corner. For those who wanted to see Francies, that might just happen because Poteat was going to be the nickle back covering the slot receiver.

Everybody else should be full go. don't like the fact that Rogers isn't 100% against the best running attack in the NFL. Also don't like a guy like Poteat at corner because that means they will play a more conserative zone coverage that Favre should eat apart. Don't like Bowens limping around because he is the center piece of a lot of our off the wall schemes.

And, I especially don't like the face that we have Lewis as our feature back and limited options on 3rd down. Lewis doesn't scare anybody coming out of the backfield on 3rd down. They can cover him with a LB.

Hopefully Mangini is screwing with the Vikings and some of these guys will be full go.

Well Hank Poteat was ay least Labeled by Mel K. as "the POOR Mans Deion Sanders" ... but your right scary way to start a season.

Are you kidding me????? This is the best opening day injury report in YEARS.. We usually have 6 guys in IR by now.. WOW.. We only have a handful of guys who may not play.. questionable and doubtful.. that's incredible if you ask me..These guys will actually get on the field this year.

Are you kidding me????? This is the best opening day injury report in YEARS.. We usually have 6 guys in IR by now.. WOW.. We only have a handful of guys who may not play.. questionable and doubtful.. that's incredible if you ask me..These guys will actually get on the field this year.

Hes right. We are usually already playing for next season at opening kickoff.

I agree its not as bad as most considering how rough a camp it was but if wright and rogers are out or go out early we could have a problem with farve having the time to pick on poteat i like rubin but he isnt a great passrusher yet and poteat shouldnt have made the team imho..hopefully if this happens they will put francies in...

Farve couldnt resist testing the rookie especially if we are containing AP fairly well and i believe francies would make the vikes pay big for picking on him...;)

At least mangini doesnt have rookie phobia if he deems it the best move he will do it...;)

...Wright is questionable ...

Here's a Tweet from E-Wright this morning:

ithinkurwright

Good morning... Time to boot up

-about 2 hours ago from web

...Hopefully Mangini is screwing with the Vikings and some of these guys will be full go.

I'm betting he is. Other than Davis, there are no new injuries and the practices indicate guys are leaning towards healthier (Rogers and Harrison went some live, etc.), not worse.

Archived