THE BROWNS BOARD

Bidenomics’ critics are being proven wrong. Just a reality check for nut jobs.

cccjwh

I know you nut jobs must have missed it, but "It's The Economy Stupid". Lots of good news. You guys keep praying for a recession.

Bidenomics’ critics are being proven wrong. Happy days are here again | Fortune

The U.S. economy is now pulling off what all these experts said was impossible: strong growth and record employment amidst plummeting inflation. And just as importantly, thanks to Bidenomics, the fruits of economic prosperity are inclusive and broad-based, amidst a renaissance in American manufacturing, investment, and productivity.  

Consider some of the headline economic statistics released the last few days, on top of the GDP release. At 3%, inflation is now at its lowest since the pandemic, down from its peak of nearly 10% of last year. Commodity prices have plummeted by at least 50% across the board, ranging from energy, food, agriculture, and metals. Some such as lumber are down a stunning 95% in a year. Even gasoline prices, which have ticked up slightly in the last few weeks, are now lower than pre-Ukraine conflict levels.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate of 3.7% is at a 54-year low, and the unemployment rate has stayed below 4% for the longest stretch in the last 50 years despite the Fed raising interest rates from 0 to 5.5% in a year. The last time this nation saw such good employment news, LBJ was the President and Bonanza was the top show on TV. In almost every major sector, real wages are now growing faster than pre-pandemic with record workforce participation, amidst millions of new and returning workers–partially thanks to the workforce training, education, and childcare policies that are core pillars of Bidenomics.

Bidenomics spurred stronger GDP growth: Morgan Stanley (cnbc.com)

WASHINGTON — Morgan Stanley
 is crediting President Joe Biden’s economic policies with driving an unexpected surge in the U.S. economy that is so significant that the bank was forced to make a “sizable upward revision” to its estimates for U.S. gross domestic product.

Biden’s Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act is “driving a boom in large-scale infrastructure,” wrote Ellen Zentner, chief U.S. economist for Morgan Stanley, in a research note released Thursday. In addition to infrastructure, “manufacturing construction has shown broad strength,” she wrote.

Where did it all go right for Biden? Facts blunt Republican attack lines | Joe Biden | The Guardian

• Haha 2

cnbc ? lol. a quote by "meidas touch" lol?

baloney. You missed these. 

16 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Sorry I'm going by the numbers.  😉

Many of Cals links also include numbers.

Never has my old lady bitched so much about grocery store prices. Thats all the evidence I need. I don't need your numbers.

Hell, I was shocked at a quote for $19,000 to install a new driveway. Turns out the cost of cement had quadrupled within the last 3 years. I don't need your stinkin numbers. You don't have to show me your stinkin numbers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

Never has my old lady bitched so much about grocery store prices. Thats all the evidence I need. I don't need your numbers.

Hell, I was shocked at a quote for $19,000 to install a new driveway. Turns out the cost of cement had quadrupled within the last 3 years. I don't need your stinkin numbers. You don't have to show me your stinkin numbers.

"I don't need your stinkin facts or statistics or experts or book learnin! It's snowing where I live so mmgw is a lie!!!"

Brilliant stuff

Also, just to add. I think every president gets too much credit / blame for the economy. We're still feeling global waves from the pandemic, actions take years to make a difference, etc. Administrations can certainly hurt or help, but it's all overplayed. 

Like I said. The numbers. 4/6 indicators are good to great with two being ok. I will sit back and enjoy your memes and insults. Maybe post a link to Trumper humper talking about how bad it is or something.

The 6 Signs of an Economic Recovery (investopedia.com)

1.       Employment

2.       Consumer Spending

3.       Consumer Sentiment (confidence)

4.       Business Indicators

5.       Bank Lending

6.       Shipping Activity

Employment

image.png.b4c374a161b81edf503c93666397a223.png

Unemployment under 4% for 16 months straight. Include the lowest rate in 50 years.

The Employment Situation - June 2023 (bls.gov)

Consumer Spending

Consumer spending jumped by 4.2 percent at the beginning of the year but has moderated since then, rising by 1.6 percent in the most recent quarter. 

image.thumb.png.6ab851cb2760a031c1bc88ce21943641.png

Consumer Sentiment (confidence)

Continues to recover.

image.png.b06bd6bcce0ca6288236125884d291a0.png

Business Indicators PMI

US ISM Manufacturing PMI (ycharts.com)

image.thumb.png.c1431315356976c9c718fdc98ffea717.png

Bank Lending

Loans and Leases in Bank Credit, All Commercial Banks (LOANS) | FRED | St. Louis Fed (stlouisfed.org)

image.thumb.png.241e532b4f4759ef2ff14eaadae5e7b1.png

Shipping Activity

Looks like UPS is going to strike, so you haters still have a chance.

https://www.trucking.org/news-insights/ata-truck-tonnage-index-increased-21-june

image.png.d0febffe30efeb1e25aca91e46775a72.png

Lets me go ahead and add.

Wages growth is now outpacing inflation.

Wage growth vs inflation U.S. 2023 | Statista

image.png.a68ff145e7c6ef61a7aad67c471a4889.png

Stock markets

The S&P 500 stock index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average continued to rise since we last calculated the change in late April. The S&P is now up 20.2% since Biden took office, and the Dow, made up of 30 large corporations, has increased 14.8%, as of the close of the markets on July 26.

The NASDAQ composite index, made up of more than 3,000 companies, was still down at our last update, but its continued growth this year now puts it up just 7% under Biden.

Biden's Numbers, July 2023 Update - FactCheck.org

image.png

3 hours ago, FY56 said:

Old lady too stupid to understand inflation is global and we are far from the worse. 

4 hours ago, cccjwh said:

I know you nut jobs must have missed it, but "It's The Economy Stupid". Lots of good news. You guys keep praying for a recession.

Bidenomics’ critics are being proven wrong. Happy days are here again | Fortune

The U.S. economy is now pulling off what all these experts said was impossible: strong growth and record employment amidst plummeting inflation. And just as importantly, thanks to Bidenomics, the fruits of economic prosperity are inclusive and broad-based, amidst a renaissance in American manufacturing, investment, and productivity.  

Consider some of the headline economic statistics released the last few days, on top of the GDP release. At 3%, inflation is now at its lowest since the pandemic, down from its peak of nearly 10% of last year. Commodity prices have plummeted by at least 50% across the board, ranging from energy, food, agriculture, and metals. Some such as lumber are down a stunning 95% in a year. Even gasoline prices, which have ticked up slightly in the last few weeks, are now lower than pre-Ukraine conflict levels.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate of 3.7% is at a 54-year low, and the unemployment rate has stayed below 4% for the longest stretch in the last 50 years despite the Fed raising interest rates from 0 to 5.5% in a year. The last time this nation saw such good employment news, LBJ was the President and Bonanza was the top show on TV. In almost every major sector, real wages are now growing faster than pre-pandemic with record workforce participation, amidst millions of new and returning workers–partially thanks to the workforce training, education, and childcare policies that are core pillars of Bidenomics.

Bidenomics spurred stronger GDP growth: Morgan Stanley (cnbc.com)

WASHINGTON — Morgan Stanley
 is crediting President Joe Biden’s economic policies with driving an unexpected surge in the U.S. economy that is so significant that the bank was forced to make a “sizable upward revision” to its estimates for U.S. gross domestic product.

Biden’s Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act is “driving a boom in large-scale infrastructure,” wrote Ellen Zentner, chief U.S. economist for Morgan Stanley, in a research note released Thursday. In addition to infrastructure, “manufacturing construction has shown broad strength,” she wrote.

Where did it all go right for Biden? Facts blunt Republican attack lines | Joe Biden | The Guardian

That’s rich! 😂🤣🤡

Please tell me what in the hell the U.S. Government has to do with private sector employment?

I’ll save you the time….NOTHING!

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Some of those numbers are the lowest in 50 years, so your comment doesn't hold up

The inflation rate is near a 50 year high, and before you go all in on the Russian/Ukrainian war you lefty’s didn’t cut any slack for the Pandemic ruining the economy the last year Trump was in office.

IMG_4569.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

The inflation rate is near a 50 year high, and before you go all in on the Russian/Ukrainian war you lefty’s didn’t cut any slack for the Pandemic ruining the economy the last year Trump was in office.

IMG_4569.jpeg

Almost everywhere. You see how we are on the lower spectrum.

Global inflation tracker: see how your country compares on rising prices | Financial Times (ft.com)

image.thumb.png.47bd46bac736a6076dc4c6e1c76712d3.png

1 minute ago, cccjwh said:

We are talking about the economy, but I understand you have nothing. So changing the subject is your only choice. 👍

I didn’t expect you to answer the same question directed at you twice.

So go ahead and talk about something else, I just hope it’s something you know just a little bit about.

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

That’s all I need.

BTW, you didn’t explain what the WH has to do with Private Sector jobs.

Again, talking about the economy. But if you need the connection, Cheetos can tell you. He is after all the biggest jobs president in the history of the world. At least in his warp mind.

11 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Economy...... Bahahahahahaha. You have NOTHING. Bahahahahahaha. 

Ok, back to the economy (but I can see why you don’t want to talk about border crossings…..Bwahahaha).

I’ll ask you for the third time, what does the sitting U.S. President have to do with private sector jobs?

It’s ok to say you have no idea, because that’s what’s going on.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"I don't need your stinkin facts or statistics or experts or book learnin! It's snowing where I live so mmgw is a lie!!!"

Brilliant stuff

Hey man calm down. That was meant to be a humorous tongue in cheek sort of comment based on personal experience while borrowing "we don't need no stinkin badges" line from the movie Blazing Saddles.

55 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Ok, back to the economy (but I can see why you don’t want to talk about border crossings…..Bwahahaha).

I’ll ask you for the third time, what does the sitting U.S. President have to do with private sector jobs?

It’s ok to say you have no idea, because that’s what’s going on.

Sorry, but I here to show how stupid your talking point that "the economy is terrible" is. Once you nuts jobs can admit that, I'll take your questions. If we can't agree on that, no point of expanding the discussion. Can you at least agree that unemployment is low?

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Old lady too stupid to understand inflation is global and we are far from the worse. 

Yet in the very first sentence of your Biden worship piece, it talks of plummeting inflation.

So which is it?

The U.S. economy is now pulling off what all these experts said was impossible: strong growth and record employment amidst plummeting inflation.

Bwahhaahha bwahahahahh bahhawahh   LOL

You're the reason I'd be pro-abortion. Your momma biggest mistake.

Bwahhahaahaha Bwahaahha...was that close cccp?

Line chart showing real wages adjusted for inflation

11 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Yet in the very first sentence of your Biden worship piece, it talks of plummeting inflation.

So which is it?

The U.S. economy is now pulling off what all these experts said was impossible: strong growth and record employment amidst plummeting inflation.

Bwahhaahha bwahahahahh bahhawahh   LOL

The annual consumer price index (CPI) for the US in the year up until September was 8.2% (according to the OECD) - not as high as the UK or some other European countries, but higher than Japan, France and Canada.

You're the reason I'd be pro-abortion. Your momma biggest mistake.

Line chart showing real wages adjusted for inflation

AGAIN....We are in the lower spectrum. Better than alll of the G8 countries and most of the G20 countries. 

image.png.eca00d64cb9d3b7e92d5340eb23f5a13.thumb.png.855c3c5ac274f4b964767effe262bef6.png

And my chart in from this year, not 10 months ago.

image.png.a68ff145e7c6ef61a7aad67c471a4889.png.008346233f7f77f5a040c4ea1ecf52ce.png

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Sorry, but I here to show how stupid your talking point that "the economy is terrible" is. Once you nuts jobs can admit that, I'll take your questions. If we can't agree on that, no point of expanding the discussion. Can you at least agree that unemployment is low?

Just say you don’t know.