THE BROWNS BOARD

Watergate

Just curious because it gets mentioned so often anybody have an honest opinion as to why it was such a big deal? Because of the resignation we will never know if Nixon orchestrated and ordered the break-in, probably not, even though it was done on his behalf. But if in fact they were looking for incriminating evidence shouldn't that evidence have rightly come to light?

No trump/biden commentary just curious.

WSS

18 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Just curious because it gets mentioned so often anybody have an honest opinion as to why it was such a big deal? Because of the resignation we will never know if Nixon orchestrated and ordered the break-in, probably not, even though it was done on his behalf. But if in fact they were looking for incriminating evidence shouldn't that evidence have rightly come to light?

WSS

Funny how the political landscape has changed in the past 50 years.

37 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I dont think Nixon orchestrated the break in either, but he left enough doubt behind regarding the embarrassing coverup? 

I remember bits and pieces of the times - none of which made me feel any better (or worse) of the event.  

but this reminds me of the medias recent 50th anniversary of the so-called "masterclass" of investigative reporting ...

If that era defined the standard of media reporting as fair and balanced and we threw out political bias ( even though it was perceptible)

todays version of media only serves to make me question everything we are being told ... and the conspiracy tag is another way of saying 

that you are over the target.

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Compared the shlt Cheetos has done it isn't a big deal. But back then, GOP wasn't a morally bankrupt cult. 

42 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well for the lefties who can play in that there's no intelligent discussion, well I guess you're right and I guess you can see why.

WSS

You guys don't think it a big deal because you are OK with it. The GOP used to put their country above their party. That is no longer the case. You will vote for a rapist (again) and not even think twice about it. Morally bankrupt. 

12 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

You guys don't think it a big deal because you are OK with it. The GOP used to put their country above their party. That is no longer the case. You will vote for a rapist (again) and not even think twice about it. Morally bankrupt. 

Hey little cccp, stay on topic. If you have nothing credible to add then go away. This was your chance to come in and give an intelligent and grown up response and you blew it.

The only thing I know about Nixon is what I've watched on history channel. I always assumed he was guilty and never knew there might be more to it.

2 things that were engraved in my mind as a child.. The Viet Nam War of which my stepfather served in and watching the Watergate preceedings on regular TV... No cable... The early 1970's..etc... To see this Kangaroo court just make shit up on the fly is utterly hilarious to me and of course the libs eat every spoonful of that shit with gleeful pride.. No wonder why we are where are thanks to stupid liberals and their effeminate emotions and their unjust hate of Trump... All I can think of is that empty mortar shell we had sitting by the fireplace my stepfather brought back from Nam... The world and the libs are empty... No substance... No loyalty... No anything... So... I dare any one of you defend this POS Biden and tell me we're all better off when clearly we are not... Just look at your pocket books if any of you have the skill to even manage one.. The country is living check to check literally.... "VAFFANCULO" to you all!

the-sopranos-tony-soprano.gif

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

You don't think it's a big deal either you're just being an asshole. You don't give fuck number one about the rule of law.

I even doubt if you give a shit about Donald Trump I think you just come here to try to piss people off. If you cared about the law you would be outraged in the huge spike in violent Street crime. Then again that's your guys so you don't care. We get it.

WSS

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Jax said:

Hey little cccp, stay on topic. If you have nothing credible to add then go away. This was your chance to come in and give an intelligent and grown up response and you blew it.

The only thing I know about Nixon is what I've watched on history channel. I always assumed he was guilty and never knew there might be more to it.

He was guilty of covering it up. He taped himself telling the CIA to obstruct the FBI investigation. They also tracked a payment to the buglers from Nixon's campaign. Too bad for Nixon, Fox news was still years away or they could have just told their viewers that it was the derp state that broke into the hotel and poor Nixon was just being persecuted. And you guys would have eaten that shlt up. Hey you still have time to try and re-write the history and make Nixon the hero. 

4 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

He was guilty of covering it up. He taped himself telling the CIA to obstruct the FBI investigation. They also tracked a payment to the buglers from Nixon's campaign. Too bad for Nixon, Fox news was still years away or they could have just told their viewers that it was the derp state that broke into the hotel and poor Nixon was just being persecuted. And you guys would have eaten that shlt up. Hey you still have time to try and re-write the history and make Nixon the hero. 

Rewrite? Richard Nixon was never charged with a crime.

WSS

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

I dont think Nixon orchestrated the break in either, but he left enough doubt behind regarding the embarrassing coverup? 

I remember bits and pieces of the times - none of which made me feel any better (or worse) of the event.  

but this reminds me of the medias recent 50th anniversary of the so-called "masterclass" of investigative reporting ...

If that era defined the standard of media reporting as fair and balanced and we threw out political bias ( even though it was perceptible)

todays version of media only serves to make me question everything we are being told ... and the conspiracy tag is another way of saying 

that you are over the target.

About Watergate - at the time, it was scandalous because it set a precedent? for illegal election interference/subterfuge.

Very justifiable - the perps went to prison, and Nixon resigned before getting impeached for ...lying? I don't remember if he KNEW about it, but afterwards, he was guilty of trying to hush it up.

Sadly, the American media was all over it, and rightly so - now, the media would make excuses and deny everything, and coverup if DEMS did the exact same thing.

Watergate was one of the most stupid dirty tricks.

The dirty prosecutions, coverups, sex lies and videotape by the left/deep state/dems/swamp

dwarf Watergate in seriousness.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

About Watergate - at the time, it was scandalous because it set a precedent? for illegal election interference/subterfuge.

Very justifiable - the perps went to prison, and Nixon resigned before getting impeached for ...lying? I don't remember if he KNEW about it, but afterwards, he was guilty of trying to hush it up.

Sadly, the American media was all over it, and rightly so - now, the media would make excuses and deny everything, and coverup if DEMS did the exact same thing.

Watergate was one of the most stupid dirty tricks.

The dirty prosecutions, coverups, sex lies and videotape by the left/deep state/dems/swamp

dwarf Watergate in seriousness.

Watergate wouldn't amount to a pimple on the modern arse of the world as it were... Nixon was no saint by any means... And neither were those before or after him... John Dean and many others were involved in Watergate...It was our introduction to visual sensationalism...Guys like Harry Reasoner and Howard K Smith and I would say John Chancellor built their careers on Watergate and Viet Nam as did of course Walter Cronkite and a slew of others... While the Media we had then was few they were pretty straight forward on general news... No anchor star pushed their personal agenda on anyone... Even though there were liberal and conservative angles/sides... Everyone respected each other with some civility.. And we still cared about the well being of others despite differences...

Today it's so completely the opposite...  Nothing is earned.. there are those of us still have that 'old neighborhood" values... Your friends... Your family and faith... Your circles in life... We all need to quit getting sucked into the divisive circle were all in.... Right now neither side can be trusted... Get to know your neighbors... Find out who is like minded and who you can trust... Things are looking ugly....

• Upvote 1