THE BROWNS BOARD

Positives i will take from this game

WPB Dawg Fan

K.Wimbley - he was all over the field. he hit Favre numerous times, and got a sack.

run defense - yes, I know, we gave up a ton by the end of the game...but the first half was (in fact, the first 3 quarters) were very impressive. they were stuffing AD much of the game.

J.Lewis - 11 carries, 57 yards. He was doing a good job and outrushing AD for most of the game

pass rush - 4 sacks. when was the last time we had 4 sacks???

elam/barton - both were big contributors to the defense

Yeah, giving up 200 yards rushing is a 'surprise'.

I wouldn't get to hyped up on Kam. He was beaten up in the run game and disappeared in the 2nd half. IMO the Packers kept on trying to get him to commit and throw one over his head, but the cohesion between Farve and the WR's wasn't there.

Once they adjusted, no more Kam.

But keep on believing.

Along with all of the things mentioned above, the biggest positive I am going to take away from this game is the fact that we played hard right up until the end. I realize that's something that should be expected but after last year, it was very refreshing to see.

I wouldn't get to hyped up on Kam. He was beaten up in the run game and disappeared in the 2nd half. IMO the Packers kept on trying to get him to commit and throw one over his head, but the cohesion between Farve and the WR's wasn't there.

But keep on believing.

LOL....Packers? Come back when you know what team the Browns were playing before making more assinine comments.

K.Wimbley - he was all over the field. he hit Favre numerous times, and got a sack.

run defense - yes, I know, we gave up a ton by the end of the game...but the first half was (in fact, the first 3 quarters) were very impressive. they were stuffing AD much of the game.

J.Lewis - 11 carries, 57 yards. He was doing a good job and outrushing AD for most of the game

Thank god someone started this. I was going to do it but thought it was worthless considering the attitudes of people here.

Agree with all your points. If we could move the ball and eat up some time our D could be really really good.

But keep on believing.

Defense played a good game. The only reason the Browns were even in the game in the first half was because of the defense.

BTW the Browns played the Vikings.......shows how much you know.

What I was happy to see was:

1.) Braylon Edwards making some tough catches. He made some really nice ones. Maybe he's been cured of his dropsies disease?

2.) Pressure on the QB. Got a lot of hurries, 4 sacks(!!).

3.) Cribbs still has the punt return mojo.

4.) Scoring against the backups. - Seriously, nothing is more depressing than the opponent putting backups in and you can't even score against them. That's a big step forward from previous years.

Yeah Quinn made some pretty poor mistakes. A lot of false starts in the 2nd half, some bad passes, and a boneheaded fumble. He still hasn't had -that- much playing time, so hopefully Mangini will cut him some slack.

BTW. You can't stop Adrian Peterson. Period. He runs for 100 yards when you line up 8 in the box every down. So don't feel that bad about that. Cleveland has had a porous run defense since they've been back in the league. I wasn't that surprised by AP's performance.

Yet you list him as one of your "winners" today.

Can you go 5 posts without contradicting yourself you ass choad?

Huh? As I said, I liked his effort, BUT the orginial poster was acting like he had a great game. He had alot of problems the 2nd half which I mentioned, but on the whole, he was one of the few guys who did anything anytime during the game.

But keep on believing.

104 of AP's yards came in the 4th quarter after the defense was worn out in the 3rd. That means that through 3 quarters of the game, AP was held to only 76 yards and less than 3 yards per carry. Not too bad in my book.

AD is Peterson. Can't remember why he wasn't called AP like would've made sense.

AD = All Day. I think it is what his Dad nicknamed him, and it's kind of stuck.

RIP - it wasn't just Wimbley that disappeared, it was the entire defense, it seemed like. When was the last time we even noticed Wimbley in ANY half, unless it was to say he was invisible.

1.WE HAD 4 SACKS! holy crap I don't think that has happened in quite sometime and that is totally something to hang our hat on.

2. Josh Cribbs truly puts the special in special teams.

3. Linebackers were looking like well linebackers for once.

4. We held AP to what 76 yards in the first 3 quarters.

I work security in the team shop at CBS during the games so I saw everything and heard a lot of opinions, a lot of them were down about the team but like I tried to tell them its the first game with a whole new coaching staff and what 50% new players against a superbowl favored team and we played them better then ive ever seen the browns play, Sure we didnt win but that was to be expected considering all of the above. No reason to be nothing but optomistic. 10-6 easily.

P.S if you're at the games drop in the team shop and say hi

I agree with DawgFan; I saw a lot to be optimistic about. I just saw on the Viking's boards that they're saying the same thing about Favre as this board is saying about Quinn (Pull him for Jackson!). I think a lot of teams are calling for their backups today. We're not the only one.

Quinn's going to have growing pains, particularly agasint Superbowl caliber teams; sit through them--if he doesn't improve over the course of the season (or regresses, like DA did) then you've got a high quarterback pick in the next draft.

Defense

Now if that defense can play 4 quarters of football and ryan will make the proper adjustments and keep up the pressure instead of playing soft and cushiony because of tired players we may have something..we made the same crap decisions that fisher did with the titans im sick of the same damn wheel we should invent a new one..

On the offensive side i really seen no plus to anything our line sucked our qb looked like the benchrot rookie he is running a boring uninventive pos offensive gameplan that has plagued man and made defenses jump for joy since the invent of the game this shit is nowhere near good enough to ever win...our WRs are still dropping balls and failing to get seperation and our running game barely worked personally i blame chud...eh hrmmm i mean daboll for using this totally predictible nonsense and calling it a gameplan this junk is easy for even bad defenses to figure out and stop...

What the hell happened to the exciting offense and defense we were suppose to have all i seen is standard addition boring and weak with no creativity almost of the same vien of crennels garbage setups especially the offense.....the defense started off awesome and then reverted to plain vanilla in the second half...

Grades:

Head Coaching Newbie101=F

Offensive Coordination=F

Defensive coordination=C

Offensive line unit=F

Running backs=C

Quarterback=F

Wide recievers=F

Tightends=C

Defensive line C+

Linebackers C

Secondary C+

Special teams minus cribbs C

Cribbs A+

Besides Cribbs- what you waiting for to keep him happy? The thing I most liked was we're not playing the Romeo play 10 yards off the opposition wrs anymore.

I didn't walk away pissed off. That made me.... not pissed off! Things could have been better but I was really impressed with our defence today! One thing I would like to point out was said at the start of the game.... Quinn's 4th start vs Farve's what 270th? Yeah Quinn shit the bed but hell.... 1 Td, 1 int and 1 fumble? That's about what Rothlessturdburgaler did on Thursday. It could have been much much worse.

Archived