THE BROWNS BOARD

THE SEASON IS OVER...

WPB Dawg Fan

OK, the Browns offense was less than stellar (not good, I get it)...but take a look at this:

Miami - only 7pts, late in 4th

Carolina - only 10 pts

Cincinnati - only 7 pts

Houston - only 7 pts

Jacksonville - only 12 pts, 0 TD's

St. Louis - 0 pts

Indianapolis - only 14 pts

Denver - 0 TD's

Washington - 17pts, 1 TD on a fake FG

now, how many of these teams are playing with a QB staring only his 5th game???

And note, several of these teams are supposed to be playoff bound.

I am really amazed by the over-dramatization going on here.

One game, gentlemen, and a game we EXPECTED to lose to a superbowl contender. We are hoping this is an 8-8 club...so get over it and wait to see how we react vs Denver on the road.

John, sanity will return to us, but it's tradition that on a sunday afternoon after we lose we all have to run around screaming "The sky is falling" while preparing our wills and writing our team obituaries. It's just how we roll.

By Tuesday we'll all be excited again talking about how we're gonna crush Denver....

Honestly, i don't know what you are getting at with this post. Of course the sky is falling every Sunday afternoon because the Browns lose every Sunday. It's not like we have something to fall back on. We are insane because there isn't a sanity to return to.

Thanks Captain Buzzkill.....

I get what you're saying........the "game prediction" thread next week will have about 99% of the people picking the Browns to win by a wide margin with Brady having a "break out" game.

All i'm saying is you can't blame Browns' fans for going nuts every Sunday. It's not like we win 10 to 12 games every year and lost today in overtime on the road in a hard fought game to the Super Bowl champions. We don't have anything to hang our hat on.

Yep, a sad day.

I never would have thought Quinn, with the lowest preseason snaps of any starter against the league's #1 D-line, would be this bad.

With a week #1 QB rating of 74.1 (completing 60% of his passes) he ranked higher than Carson Palmer, David Gerrard, Mathew Stafford, Matt Schuab and Jake Delohme. Sigh.

He didn't score a touchdown, was intercepted relentlessly, and seemed to give up all of the time despite having no first game jitters.

Luckily, he had a heck of a running game going to carry him.

;)

=========

Quinn will be accountable for what he could have done better, and there's plenty to work on, but let see how he settles in. I get the venting on the board as us Browns fans are out of patience, but we need to give it a few games.

In his first year, Eli Manning had a QB rating of 56 after 9 games. No way I'd say Quinn is a Manning, but let's see how the first half of the season goes. We'll know soon enough.

OK, the Browns offense was less than stellar (not good, I get it)...but take a look at this:

Carolina - only 10 pts

Cincinnati - only 7 pts

Houston - only 7 pts

St. Louis - 0 pts

Denver - 0 TD's

One game, gentlemen, and a game we EXPECTED to lose to a superbowl contender. We are hoping this is an 8-8 club...so get over it and wait to see how we react vs Denver on the road.

You are wasting your breath............this is the biggest knee jerk reaction place around.

Next week they will all be back on the bandwagon when they win. Everybody expected 8-8 at best so there will be 7 more knee jerks, sky is falling reactions from our games.

guys quit whining, the browns aren't gonna win the super bowl this year, in fact I don't even want them to go the super bowl(by a fluke) with this squad because everyone would just riot when they would get beat by a much more superior team.

8-8 would be a solid year, and it would give solid draft positioning for next year, this team is being built so be patient, we can't just win games right away in one year, let alone against the best teams in the league.

guys quit whining, the browns aren't gonna win the super bowl this year, in fact I don't even want them to go the super bowl(by a fluke) with this squad because everyone would just riot when they would get beat by a much more superior team.

8-8 would be a solid year, and it would give solid draft positioning for next year, this team is being built so be patient, we can't just win games right away in one year, let alone against the best teams in the league.

I may be the only one but i'd take a "fluke" Super Bowl appearance (if there is such a thing).

At least all the people that were going crazy for Davis amy finally realize that preseason doesn't euate to the real thing. As a rookie he will have a learning curve. So, stop the Lewis bashing and let's start Davis rally cries. Here's a big does of reality and most of us knew it was coming.........................

The beat Denver posts will start tomorrow by the guys who swear taht this is it and they are done.

I noticed some of those scores yesterday as well. I guess half the teams in the league are ready to fire every coach and trade every player today.

Carolina - only 10 pts

Cincinnati - only 7 pts

Houston - only 7 pts

St. Louis - 0 pts

Denver - 0 TD's

"Luckily, he had a heck of a running game going to carry him."

And you left out the part where Ray Lewis said to Mangini, "Don't worry coach, we know he's a rookie, and Me and Suggs got the D." Oh wait that was another team with a young QB....

Yep, a sad day.

I never would have thought Quinn, with the lowest preseason snaps of any starter against the league's #1 D-line, would be this bad.

With a week #1 QB rating of 74.1 (completing 60% of his passes) he ranked higher than Carson Palmer, David Gerrard, Mathew Stafford, Matt Schuab and Jake Delohme. Sigh.

He didn't score a touchdown, was intercepted relentlessly, and seemed to give up all of the time despite having no first game jitters.

Luckily, he had a heck of a running game going to carry him.

;)

=========

Quinn will be accountable for what he could have done better, and there's plenty to work on, but let see how he settles in. I get the venting on the board as us Browns fans are out of patience, but we need to give it a few games.

In his first year, Eli Manning had a QB rating of 56 after 9 games. No way I'd say Quinn is a Manning, but let's see how the first half of the season goes. We'll know soon enough.

I agree totally. People whining after one game against the best defence and running game in football is unbelieveable. C'mon everyone, we have a new coach, a new QB, and re re-worked line on both sides of the ball. It's going to take time for everything to gel. People jumping off the Browns wagon (especially after one game) make me sick. They are no better than the idiots and hatemongers who come to a Browns fan message board to spread ridicule rather than actually root for their own team. Steelers-Chick and all the rest of them can go to hell along with the idiot fair-weather fans. We have a work-in-progress on our hands on many levels, and need to view it as such. If you compare the last game against the Stools to the one yesterday, I think you will see progress. I still have high hopes for a 9-7 season this year. I said befor that the fans deserve better, and I firmly believe that we are getting better. Quinn is not Drew Brees, but given time I think he could be good. 4 games does not define a QB. It took Brees a number of years to get to the point where he can read defences the way he does (and he does a great job at it). At least give the kid 16 games to see if he progresses before passing judgement. I think the coach and GM need at least 3 years to get things going there way. Things have been bad for a long time, but we still need to be patient so they can be fixed the right way, not just a fluke 10-6 year every decade.

I may be the only one but i'd take a "fluke" Super Bowl appearance (if there is such a thing).

There is. Last year where the Cards made it at 9-7 may have only been the lastest.

I think the Falcons 1998 appearance was somewhat flukey.

And there were also the 9-7 Los Angeles Rams in 1979 who went up against the Steelers. There were at least 5 other teams in the NFC that had better records that year.

And, yea, those 1986 Broncos.

I agree totally. People whining after one game against the best defence and running game in football is unbelieveable. C'mon everyone, we have a new coach, a new QB, and re re-worked line on both sides of the ball. It's going to take time for everything to gel. People jumping off the Browns wagon (especially after one game) make me sick. They are no better than the idiots and hatemongers who come to a Browns fan message board to spread ridicule rather than actually root for their own team. Steelers-Chick and all the rest of them can go to hell along with the idiot fair-weather fans. We have a work-in-progress on our hands on many levels, and need to view it as such. If you compare the last game against the Stools to the one yesterday, I think you will see progress. I still have high hopes for a 9-7 season this year. I said befor that the fans deserve better, and I firmly believe that we are getting better. Quinn is not Drew Brees, but given time I think he could be good. 4 games does not define a QB. It took Brees a number of years to get to the point where he can read defences the way he does (and he does a great job at it). At least give the kid 16 games to see if he progresses before passing judgement. I think the coach and GM need at least 3 years to get things going there way. Things have been bad for a long time, but we still need to be patient so they can be fixed the right way, not just a fluke 10-6 year every decade.

Do you expect the Vikings to make the Super Bowl?

I think they have as good a chance as any team in the NFC.

Carolina - only 10 pts

Cincinnati - only 7 pts

Houston - only 7 pts

St. Louis - 0 pts

Denver - 0 TD's

here's something else non DA/BQ related....

look at some of those scores and think to yourself these are the same players whining about how preseason is too long. Yeah, cuz you sure looked ready to start the season!!

There is. Last year where the Cards made it at 9-7 may have only been the lastest.

I think the Falcons 1998 appearance was somewhat flukey.

And there were also the 9-7 Los Angeles Rams in 1979 who went up against the Steelers. There were at least 5 other teams in the NFC that had better records that year.

And, yea, those 1986 Broncos.

The Stoolers in 2005 were a fluke. They were 7-5 after a bad loss to the Bengals, then ran off 8 wins in a row. Noone saw that coming.

Archived