THE BROWNS BOARD

It's final. The Browns will always be a bad team and I'm done with them.

bugzilla

I grew up in Youngstown. Been a Browns fan since birth. Spent the first half of my life in Ohio. Graduated from Ohio State. I never thought I would say this, but even though I will always root for the Browns and hope they win, I am not going to emotionally follow the team anymore. I'm not buying any more shirts or mugs. If one of their games happens to be on, I might watch it if nothing else is on. I just don't care anymore. It's not the fact that they lost the game badly. It's the fact that I can no longer deny that this team will always be bad. They might have a winning season every five years or so. They might even get a wildcard spot in the next 10 years, but they will never be able to compete with the elite teams of the NFL. The defense will always be bad. The QB play will always be amateurish. There is just no passion to any of the players. They all wander around the field like they are just waiting till payday.

That's it. Bugzilla out!

Trust me i get your frustration but i will never be anything but a Browns' fan. I'm Brown and Orange no matter what. I don't agree with everything and i don't drink the kool-aid but i love the Browns. That is just who i am and i will watch every Sunday.

I grew up in Youngstown. Been a Browns fan since birth. Spent the first half of my life in Ohio. Graduated from Ohio State. I never thought I would say this, but even though I will always root for the Browns and hope they win, I am not going to emotionally follow the team anymore. I'm not buying any more shirts or mugs. If one of their games happens to be on, I might watch it if nothing else is on. I just don't care anymore. It's not the fact that they lost the game badly. It's the fact that I can no longer deny that this team will always be bad. They might have a winning season every five years or so. They might even get a wildcard spot in the next 10 years, but they will never be able to compete with the elite teams of the NFL. The defense will always be bad. The QB play will always be amateurish. There is just no passion to any of the players. They all wander around the field like they are just waiting till payday.

That's it. Bugzilla out!

Peace! All of you debbie downers can take your shitty, whiny, loser attitudes somewhere else.

Guest birddog1
Another one jumps off the bandwagon.

Regards

.... an'at.

Excuse me but the bandwagon is how the steelers pick up their fans. That's why they come out of the woodwork like they did this year, Again!

Excuse me but the bandwagon is how the steelers pick up their fans. That's why they come out of the woodwork like they did this year, Again!

Considering the Steelers have their core fans from birth (like me), anyone who wants to call themself a Steeler fan beyond that is fine by me.

The term 'bandwagon' implies that people jump off when times get tough, like this guy. Nobody's jumping off the Steeler bandwagon. Our games sold out even during the lean 80's and there was no threat of TV blackout like yinz are experiencing.

Hell, maybe this guy becomes a Steeler fan now.

1 more soldier in the ever-growing Steeler Nation.

Regards

..... an'at

Today was tough, but no matter what the Browns do, I will always watch and root for them. It's days like this that make it hard to believe that there will be a day when we are a feared team. However, I believe that day will come. When? Who knows...but when it does, it will be all the sweeter. Here's to hoping that that day comes sooner rather than later.

Go Browns.

As she watched me yell at a laptop computer for 3 hours, my wife asked why I didn't just find a new team to root for.

I took off my wedding ring, threw it at her, and told her I'd leave her before ever leaving the Browns.

Of course, she called my bluff, and I went & picked up my ring like a pussy, but I made my point.

I would call the 10 year span known as the 80's a "sustained drop off"

Well the Fair weather bunch took a Hiatus , no doubt. But the Games still Sold out ...tho there were games they didnt actually USE their tickets. And Much like You guys We were all Huddled around the TV Crying in our Beer week in week out.

Guest TheJokersWILD
Another one jumps off the bandwagon.

Regards

.... an'at

79.gif Judging by the goggles in your avatar, looks like you do quite a bit of jumping on and off bandwagons. Tons of lard to cushion the impact when you are ready to jump off the Steelers bandwagon.

Good lord you pussy....just go. get out. I don't want you cheering for our team if this game is the one to make you quit. There are a hell of a lot of positives to be pulled out of tonight if you would just take off your negative goggles for 5 xxxxing seconds, but you probably won't....so just go. And when we fill out our defense that shut down the best running attack in the nfl for over half the game, our (basically rookie) QB develops a little more, and our 2 promising rookie WRs develop along with James Davis (don't let today fool you, he will be good) DO NOT COME BACK TO US. I hate fair weather fans, and you sir appear to be one of them.

As she watched me yell at a laptop computer for 3 hours, my wife asked why I didn't just find a new team to root for.

I took off my wedding ring, threw it at her, and told her I'd leave her before ever leaving the Browns.

Of course, she called my bluff, and I went & picked up my ring like a pussy, but I made my point.

That's some funny stuff man. To look at it in a better view, our defense played pretty damn good. we had them 3rd and goal a few times from the 2. We will bounce back. It was just nice to watch the game. To the guy who is jumping the bandwagon, holy shit you need pick a new team. Your born a browns fan you don't just become one.

I think we all know its going to be a 2 to 3 year drafting process we need 1 tackle and 2 guards on offense we need 2 solid DEs and 2 real safetys and 1 impact DLB on defense...this doesnt count a couple of real burners at WR and a bull of a running back and possibly a new quarterback as well if bq isnt it..;)

Im unfortunately doing a life sentence with the browns without a chance of parole....;)

A few final thoughts.

1. The team quit on me. I did not quit on the team. It has nothing to do with this loss. It has to do with the fact that the players don't care. Every one of them except Cribbs and Rogers put in the absolute bare minimum to keep their jobs in the NFL. The Detroit Lions actually play their guts out every game. They just suck. I could live with the team is that was the case. The fact is Cleveland is the place where football players go to wind up their careers. I'm watching the end of the Packers/Bears game and both teams are leaving everything on the field. They are beating the hell out of each other. The Browns don't do that because THEY DON'T xxxxING CARE!!!!!! I they don't care why should I?

2. About being a "fairweather fan". That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Has there ever been "fair weather" for Cleveland fans? I've been supporting this team through the BUtch Davis era and the Crennell era so don't tell me I haven't stuck it out. I can take loosing seasons. I can take "rebuilding" every 3 years, but there has to be a point to it all. The Browns think their fans will be with them no matter what, so it doesn't matter how they play. Give up on plays? Don't worry. The fans will always be there. Miss 6 tackes on Adrian Peterson? Doesn't matter. The fans will stick with us. The QB lets the ball squirt out of his hand? Who cares. The fans will stick with us.

Well I am not sticking with them anymore. You want to know the only thing that is going to get the Browns in a winning mode? If they show up for a home game to find a completely empty stadium. The Cleveland fans deserve more than this. They deserve a team that willing to put everything on the field every play every week. This team will not do that. They will never do that. THE BROWNS DO NOT xxxxING CARE ABOUT THE GAME SO I NO LONGER CARE FOR THEM.

This franchise is xxxxing pathetic. The xxxxing winless Detroit Lions have more heart than the Brownies. The Cleveland Browns franchise should be disbanded. They are the worst team in all of professional sports because not because of their record but because they have no passion for what they do. None. Pathetic xxxxing assholes. xxxx them. xxxx this team. I can't even hate this team. It's like hating the color beige. It's so xxxxing bland who xxxxing cares. Seriously. Everyone on this board needs to sell their tickets and get out.

please don't be one of those people bitching about leaving, just to be here a week from now like it never happened.

if you really are done with the browns, man up, leave the board, stop watching games, stop following the team. the less people with that attitude following the team, the better the browns fans as a whole are.

REAL FAN = kbndawg

Who Needs this Fan =bugzilla

Not being mean ...but One Charm that Cleveland does have is the Die Hard Come Hell or High Water Browns Backer. I respect that immensely... So I figure about 50% of your fan base to be this way. The rest are no better than the Nomad like People who Jump from SF to NE to Pittsburgh to ??? Being a fan is short for Fanatic , and Its a DEEP Seeded love that is always there.

I remember the 80`s like yesterday The Steelers were just spinning wheels in the Mud... and I we were wondering If we would ever return to being "In the Hunt" Cowher Power was scrappy and drug us toward , and finally Too that Goal. Tomlin has stepped in with a great sense of urgency to continue. I will ride this till the wheels come off...then enter the Desert again one day hopefully for 40 Days and 40 Nights NOT 40 Years . Hang in True and Real Browns fans. You all are to be respected as FANS in the truest sense of the word.

One of the few Steeler fans that has a sense of history. And yes the Steelers did wander in the desert for 40 years- pre Chuck Knoll era, they positively stunk. Thanks for bringing up the Nomads- funny how all that Niner gear disappeared in the Midwest when San Fran went in the toilet.

What worries me is you have to be well into your 30s to remember when the Browns were any good for an extended time. I saw way too many Farve bandwaggoners! and Peterson jerseys at the game today. Back in the 80s we would have made those opposing fans so miserable, they would have left by halftime. And maybe that's part of the problem- it's not a game anymore- it's a product, packaged by the finest minds Madison Avenue can muster. No more Dog Bones on the field- no more cussing out the opposing fans- and God forbid- tossing beer at them, like we did back in the '86 playoff game against the Jets when the New Yorkers got too snotty for our tastes. To paraphrase the Matrix- welcome to the STERILE world. Hey guys, it's football you trying to turn it into a tennis crowd?

Oh, I feel Bugzillas pain. Yeah, sometimes I wonder if the coin & time (seven hour round trip) I'm spending on season tickets could be better spent elsewhere, if the product doesn't improve soon. Hope springs eternal- but I'm not- and I'm running out of autumns to see the Browns finally grab the brass ring.

I have been here a while now and I have seen my share of self-pitying, pathetic meltdowns. I could care less if you want to give up dude. '

Just know real Browns fans don't quit because they can't. They wouldn't even kid themselves that they could quit.

It's almost like quitting on immediately family. Doesn't happen.

Gay choice for a thread, by the way. Maybe next time you should write down your thoughts and not hit send.

A few final thoughts.

1. The team quit on me. I did not quit on the team. It has nothing to do with this loss. It has to do with the fact that the players don't care. Every one of them except Cribbs and Rogers put in the absolute bare minimum to keep their jobs in the NFL. The Detroit Lions actually play their guts out every game. They just suck. I could live with the team is that was the case. The fact is Cleveland is the place where football players go to wind up their careers. I'm watching the end of the Packers/Bears game and both teams are leaving everything on the field. They are beating the hell out of each other. The Browns don't do that because THEY DON'T xxxxING CARE!!!!!! I they don't care why should I?

2. About being a "fairweather fan". That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Has there ever been "fair weather" for Cleveland fans? I've been supporting this team through the BUtch Davis era and the Crennell era so don't tell me I haven't stuck it out. I can take loosing seasons. I can take "rebuilding" every 3 years, but there has to be a point to it all. The Browns think their fans will be with them no matter what, so it doesn't matter how they play. Give up on plays? Don't worry. The fans will always be there. Miss 6 tackes on Adrian Peterson? Doesn't matter. The fans will stick with us. The QB lets the ball squirt out of his hand? Who cares. The fans will stick with us.

Well I am not sticking with them anymore. You want to know the only thing that is going to get the Browns in a winning mode? If they show up for a home game to find a completely empty stadium. The Cleveland fans deserve more than this. They deserve a team that willing to put everything on the field every play every week. This team will not do that. They will never do that. THE BROWNS DO NOT xxxxING CARE ABOUT THE GAME SO I NO LONGER CARE FOR THEM.

This franchise is xxxxing pathetic. The xxxxing winless Detroit Lions have more heart than the Brownies. The Cleveland Browns franchise should be disbanded. They are the worst team in all of professional sports because not because of their record but because they have no passion for what they do. None. Pathetic xxxxing assholes. xxxx them. xxxx this team. I can't even hate this team. It's like hating the color beige. It's so xxxxing bland who xxxxing cares. Seriously. Everyone on this board needs to sell their tickets and get out.

Please IP ban this turd. We don't need it.

That's it. Bugzilla out!

good riddance. we're better off without you.

Archived