THE BROWNS BOARD

It's final. The Browns will always be a bad team and I'm done with them.

bugzilla

I would call the 10 year span known as the 80's a "sustained drop off"

Yeah, the same decade in which this 36 year old started watching the Steelers...

And the same Decade in which the Steelers won 2 division titles and qualified for the playoffs 4 times.

That's more than you have done in two decades.

I grew up in Youngstown. Been a Browns fan since birth. Spent the first half of my life in Ohio. Graduated from Ohio State. I never thought I would say this, but even though I will always root for the Browns and hope they win, I am not going to emotionally follow the team anymore. I'm not buying any more shirts or mugs. If one of their games happens to be on, I might watch it if nothing else is on. I just don't care anymore. It's not the fact that they lost the game badly. It's the fact that I can no longer deny that this team will always be bad. They might have a winning season every five years or so. They might even get a wildcard spot in the next 10 years, but they will never be able to compete with the elite teams of the NFL. The defense will always be bad. The QB play will always be amateurish. There is just no passion to any of the players. They all wander around the field like they are just waiting till payday.

That's it. Bugzilla out!

One game? Later...

Converted front runner Stooler fan.

This is the dumbest post ever, first of all, if you are done with the Browns, than don't log in and say anything about them. Just be done with them. Second, do you root for a team because they win all the time or do you root for a team because they are in your blood. If you are rooting just because a team wins all the time, than you are a bandwagon fan and move onto your next team....maybe the Cardinals will be good again this year...

I understand wanting your team to win, I have been a fan since the early 80's and have not seen too many winning seasons but I will never give up on the Browns. Do I get pissed and hate that they are always losing....of course, But will I ever just be done with them.....NO ....whats the point, to go root for another team so my friends think I'm cool.... I really don't understand your point here...

I honestly didnt think the Browns had any bandwagon fans because in order to bandwagon, we had to be good at some point...and we havent been in many years, 07 was a fluke and an easy schedule..... regardless of who you root for, you have to be a passionate and loyal fan, if not, you are just a casual sports fan and a bandwagoner

what is the point of rooting for a team only when they win?

anyways, since you are done with this team, you probably wont read my message, but good luck rooting for the Cardinals....

Guest TheJokersWILD

i have threatened to leave the Board once but not because I didn't want to be a Browns fan. I will try to explain this the best I can, I see the BrownsBoard as a favorite club you and your friends like to go to (before the the smoking ban). Even though I am a non-smoker, I have places I like to go hang out even though there are people smoking and the smoke bothers me, after awhile the smoke is too much and I just have to find another place to hang out. The BrownsBoard is much like that, sometimes the smoke is too much to handle (Lumbergh, various trolls) and I just want to find a different spot.I know the trolls don't make up the entire board and most of the members are passionate Browns fans and are good people, that's why I decided to stay.

Guest TheJokersWILD
Let me be the first to welcome you to the Steelers Hate board. They call it a Browns board but you will see that there is actually more topics and discussion about hatred of the Steelers than the Browns. And a belated welcome to Steeler Nation!

LOL with this Stooler Nation. There was Browns Country wayyyy before Stooler Nation[EDIT] What do you expect, this is a BROWNS board! :lol: Is it too late to add the FAIL button?

What edit would that be genious?

You really are rich......you flap your gums, wrong more often than not....and then say "either way....blah, blah, blah.....you must want to be me just because you watch me play with my own poop!" Yeah....that's it genious, you got me!

How many years has it taken you to learn how to xxxx up the word 'genius'?

Riiiiiggght,

you come her to talk smack and tell us how bad we are and then get hurt by a little name calling? and Maybe if you actually READ all the threads and just didn't skim the ones you felt you could use to say "THE STEELERS ARE GREAT AND THE BROWNS SUCK!", then maybe you would see there are a lot of people here who know what they are talking about.

because in the places I've predicted 7-9, and other things. I wasn't talking to you, so there wasn't any name calling.

Again, I just don't get why someone would come to another teams message board to pick on them about how bad they are and then get whiney when they get called a few names.

Definition of being a bitch.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Steelers Hate board. They call it a Browns board but you will see that there is actually more topics and discussion about hatred of the Steelers than the Browns. And a belated welcome to Steeler Nation!

Why come to a BROWNS board if you are a Steelers fan? It makes no sense. Are you bored with your own team and have no fan board of your own to talk Steeler football with? Or are you some introverted passive aggressive gnome that tries to ease the misery of his own life by ridiculing fans of other teams. Not getting enough Steeler love from Browns fans on a Browns message board? Wake up. You get ridiculed and called names because you are in the wrong spot to talk Steeler football. Steelers-Chick and all the rest of you obviously have WAAAAY too much time on your hands if enjoy hanging out on an opposing team's message board for "kicks". Trolls, hate mongers, and idiots like the one that started this thread aren't real fans and can go elsewhere if they don't like the nature of this forum.

Another genious! Where do you guys get em?

The Steelers record for the 80's is over .500. The Browns record over the last 40 years is well under .500. What now Einstein?

What now? Now you take the records for the existance of each entire franchise. There is no arbitrary cutoff date.

You take the entire history.

I mean, doing otherwise would be as foolish as saying that mankind only appeared on this earth about 6000 years ago.

Archived