THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns should have waited for Chucky!!!!

gmp

I know, I know ...it's only one game.....

but I really get the feeling that the Browns should have waited longer to review the coaching class that was available in the offseason........I get the feeling that Mangini, is gonna be the vanilla flavored Romeo Crennel.... ...I can't help but feel that J Gruden (GruDOG) would have started smackin this defense in some sort of shape and developed a defensive iidentity......and may have brought in some ass kickin secondary peeps......ala Palamalu type......we'll see how this things shakes out...but I don't like Mangini after week one....

The don't reveal the QB to get the competative edge worked out nicely too huh>>.

At least Romeo flipped a coin!

gruden is one of the most overrated coaches in recent history. his success in tampa bay is solely due to tony dungy's hard work. his moderate success in oakland was partially his to take credit for. gruden sucks and always will suck. as for waiting for him: there was no way to know that gruden was going to be available. it shocked everyone.

I know, I know ...it's only one game.....

but I really get the feeling that the Browns should have waited longer to review the coaching class that was available in the offseason........I get the feeling that Mangini, is gonna be the vanilla flavored Romeo Crennel.... ...I can't help but feel that J Gruden (GruDOG) would have started smackin this defense in some sort of shape and developed a defensive iidentity......and may have brought in some ass kickin secondary peeps......ala Palamalu type......we'll see how this things shakes out...but I don't like Mangini after week one....

The don't reveal the QB to get the competative edge worked out nicely too huh>>.

At least Romeo flipped a coin!

Looks like the Vikings were very confused with BQ starting, another example of Mangini believing he is smarter than everyone else

I said it when we hired him, we will regret the day......By next year some folks would wish Romeo was back

Made me sick to watch Peterson yesterday, and do think this franchise has passed on Tomlinson, Peterson, Rothlisberger and now Sanchez and we drafted instead Gerard Warren, Joe Thomas, Kellen Winslow and Alex Mack.........Sad Sad Sad

My only doubts about this caoching regime so far is in the position of Offensive coordinator. Mangini is an improvement over RAC as a head coach. And rob Ryan too.

I agree mangini and ryan are huge upgrades daboll on the other hand may not be an upgrade at all he is far to conservative for my liking and has obviously installed chuds failed scheme to boot..but as far as chucky goes...no thanks..;)

Guest TheJokersWILD
Looks like the Vikings were very confused with BQ starting, another example of Mangini believing he is smarter than everyone else

I said it when we hired him, we will regret the day......By next year some folks would wish Romeo was back

Made me sick to watch Peterson yesterday, and do think this franchise has passed on Tomlinson, Peterson, Rothlisberger and now Sanchez and we drafted instead Gerard Warren, Joe Thomas, Kellen Winslow and Alex Mack.........Sad Sad Sad

Peterson would not be doing the things he does in Minnesota for us because he would have been running behind a mediocre line, he probably would be injured often due to getting nailed by linebackers and nose tackles constantly. Getting two offensive linemen, Mack and Thomas, was something we needed and I think were great picks. I know it's early but it looks like we need to address Safty and RG/RT in this years draft, maybe even linebacker again.

Well said......

and that's why good teams stay good, and bad teams stay real bad....

indeed, sad, sad, sad,.....

gruden is one of the most overrated coaches in recent history. his success in tampa bay is solely due to tony dungy's hard work. his moderate success in oakland was partially his to take credit for. gruden sucks and always will suck. as for waiting for him: there was no way to know that gruden was going to be available. it shocked everyone.

One bad call... One very bad call...away from the Superbowl is moderate success?.....with a bull-shit Raider Team..

I'll take that kind of moderation with the Browns...

Remember a few things:

Chuck Noll went 1-13 his first year as a head coach.

Tom Landry was 0-11-1 his first year as a head coach.

Bill Walsh was 2-14 his first year as a head coach.

Bud Grant was 3-8-3 his first year as a head coach.

Bill Belichick was 5-11 his first year as a head coach his second time around.

So, even if the Browns do not succeed this year, as most expect, that doesn't mean all is lost.

Archived