THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson is gaining leverage

Lumbergh

Jake Delhomme is on pretty thin ice in Carolina with 11 turnovers in 2 games.

Their QB coach is some dude by the name of Rip Scherer

And now they've got only 2 QBs on the roster.

with the Brady Quinn experiment looking like a train wreck, Cleveland probably doesn't want to let DA go anytime soon.

Anderson may have some good options, coming very soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...t-chase-feeley/

They're chasing Feeley, not Anderson.

But I'm glad you feel like Anderson is in a good spot. I think he's in the right spot, if that's the same thing.

What happened to matt moore? He did well when given the chance a couple years ago, havent heard much since they got Delhomo back.

But I'm glad you feel like Anderson is in a good spot. I think he's in the right spot, if that's the same thing.

In the long run it will be good to get this dink n dunk shit out of the way.

And when Anderson goes back in, the BRAY-DEE chants stop.

In the meantime, Anderson can really put the pressure on with Carolina inquiring.

Regardless of the title of that article, I don't think they'll go after Feeley unless it's for 3rd string. If they think Delhomme is over the hill, Anderson's agent will be in their offices in the next couple days.

FYI Feeley is another hoss from small town Oregon.

Jake Delhomme is on pretty thin ice in Carolina with 11 turnovers in 2 games.

Their QB coach is some dude by the name of Rip Scherer

And now they've got only 2 QBs on the roster.

with the Brady Quinn experiment looking like a train wreck, Cleveland probably doesn't want to let DA go anytime soon.

Anderson may have some good options, coming very soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...t-chase-feeley/

DA isnt going anywhere and i doubt very seriously he would want to work with rip(the butcher)scherer again he has done a great job with delhomme the same butcher job in fact he done here...at this point im not sold on BQ and im positive mangoofy isnt either the way our o-line is DA will get his shot at some point....

DA isn't going anywhere, any time soon. With the way the QB situation has played out so far, it's obvious to me at least, that our coaching staff doesn't really love, or maybe even like, either guy. If BQ continues to struggle in the next 2-4 games, EM will have no choice but to try "the other guy". There's no way he's going to back himself into a corner by having just one underwhelming QB, when he can have two, and at least another option.

I agree, but that will change based on the severity of Quinn's struggles. We the fans, have definitely earned the right to be impatient when it comes to expecting good football, and yesterdays boos, from the same fans who earlier screamed "BRADY", prove that EM won't have the luxury of waiting game after game for Quinn to reach expectations.

You can't bench a young QB after 3 or 4 starts.

FYI, Brady Quinn was benched in his 3rd start.

And he probably should have been benched in his 4th start.

Mangini won't bench him right now. But if he plays like he has, he ain't gonna get to 70% of this yrs snaps either.

But I agree that Quinn has been mismanaged. Too many pillows taped to his ass to cushion his falls. If he wasn't a first rd pick, he'd have been "Gradkowskied" by now.

Guest Aloysius
If Quinn sucks for 6-8 weeks, I'd love to give Anderson another look. I'm totally serious. I'll be cheering my ass off, because I don't love this QB class at all.

Probably isn't useful to talk in terms of classes: all you need is to fall in love with one guy, like you did with Sanchez.

But if we're going to talk about classes, I'd predict that next year's will afford a different opportunity: the chance to draft a guy in Rd. 2 or 3 who might be the guy.

If the coaching staff is unsure about Quinn, they could draft a McCoy, Pike, or Hiller to groom behind him. That's because next year will have a deeper, more talented senior class, even if the top QB prospects are underclassmen (guys like Bradford, Clausen, Locker, and Snead).

Probably isn't useful to talk in terms of classes: all you need is to fall in love with one guy, like you did with Sanchez.

But if we're going to talk about classes, I'd predict that next year's will afford a different opportunity: the chance to draft a guy in Rd. 2 or 3 who might be the guy.

If the coaching staff is unsure about Quinn, they could draft a McCoy, Pike, or Hiller to groom behind him. That's because next year will have a deeper, more talented senior class, even if the top QB prospects are underclassmen (guys like Bradford, Clausen, Locker, and Snead).

Cleveland Browns, the land of the eternal QB controversy.

(that's what the land would be if they went with your idea, or what you think they might do.)

Guest Aloysius
Cleveland Browns, the land of the eternal QB controversy.

(that's what the land would be if they went with your idea, or what you think they might do.)

That would be the public perception, but I'm not sure how much it would bother Mangini. I'd guess he's more concerned about finding the right QB, which was a big part of why he lost his job in New York.

And picking up a guy in the 2nd or 3rd would be the more conservative move (compared to using a top 10 pick on a QB), which would fit Mangini's MO.

It's just an idea. Hopefully, Quinn plays well enough that we can focus on filling other needs.

Barring injury, Quinn is your starter this year. Put away the being pulled talk.

If a trade comes along for DA then make it. Quinn stays until a completely different QB shows up on our roster.

I love how all the new posters show up and belly ache without having realistic expectations about what needs to happen in CLE before we are a serious playoff contender. The NFL is set up so that anyone can be a playoff team, meaning anything is possible but lets settle on making a team of proffessionals this year. You can't weed out all the losers in one season.

Comparing us to other turnaround franchises isn't fair we have truly been a expansion team since our comeback.

If we can be encouraged to part of a REAL rebuilding, then let it happen. Otherwise it will become the standard Cleveland beat down. Not pretty or successful.

Maybe so WPBD....but much of the numbers came in "who cares" time.

having been at the game....it didn't look very good to be honest.....but 1 game doesn't tell the tale.

DA had the same opportunity to pad his stats in "who cares" time in what 27 starts? Maybe he did, and that's why his QBR is as lofty as it is.

Archived